CTD/Black screens increased a lot with LOD fix on xbox

Are you on X or S?

Xbox Series X

2 Likes

That does look like a regression of some sort. Texture or like antialiasing got turned off.

Folks on Series X should be able to reproduce if that is a universal regression.

We should have more photos and video soon. People donā€™t sleep on issues like these.

Go make some, when you have the timešŸ˜

1 Like

Off topicšŸ˜‰. But improved with the latest patch. Still, not that good.

Ahh yes I was bit naughty there lol sorry off topic

1 Like

Flying from Gatwick to Naples right now lod/textures look fine but I think almost looks dull maybe not as sharp/grainy.

Do you think the ā€œaverage Joeā€ will even notice it?

Some people on this forum do, obviously, but those arenā€™t necessarily the average Xbox customers who just take a flight now and then.

Beta testers look for these things in hopes an average Joe wonā€™t have to.

2 Likes

Off this particular topic potentially then, but if so many of the complaints here arenā€™t lod but textures, isnā€™t the huge elephant in the room persistently poor server quality over multiple days?

The slow server answer sometimes (and Iā€™m sure itā€™s not always intended that way) a sort of cā€™est la vie, to be expected, ā€œmust have been a busy day of playersā€ sort of explanation? If thatā€™s the case it feels somewhat lacking.

It could be a server issue, or it could be a drop in texture quality. Texture issues are tricky to initially islolate because they could be server related, but they arenā€™t always.

After initial testing I am seeing the type of mid/near distance 3D pop in to lead me to believe the LOD issue is back.

And textures do seem more blurry.

I need to spend more time testing but I am all but convinced the LOD/Texture issues from SU11 are back in this current beta build.

Edit: Others canā€™t reproduce this issue and when I flew later it was better but not perfect. I am suspecting a lot of us were impacted today by slow servers but I am only guessing at this point. Anyway, LOD rollbacks should impact everyone in the beta.

5 Likes

I can also confirm that there likely is some LOD issue having tried it out on Series X, though not as severe as in the production release. Seeing more pop in and runways in particular are lower resolution at high altitude. Hopefully it can be fixed in the next beta update.

3 Likes

That sadā€¦ I canā€™t test the beta because Iā€™m only on Xcloud, so I always come to the forum to follow the guysā€™ reports and news like this on the eve of the final version, after these months with LOD problems in the stable version, the sadness strikes. I hope itā€™s nothing more and it gets resolved.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I can also confirm this problem. There is a sharp drop in texture quality (especially grassy terrain, runways, taxiways) that becomes apparent at 3500-4000 feet altitude.

4 Likes

Yes there is indeed a lower texture quality at airports like others said grass textures,runways,taxiways. I know itā€™s a bug but balance was perfect before latest build is it not as simple just to roll the build back to previous version?

3 Likes

I canā€™t recall them ever rolling back a patch in beta.

1 Like

Is this really only happening around airports, or other areas as well?

My major issues were not at airports.

We have a lot of odd issues and some people unable to reproduce.

2 Likes

Comes down to the old saying donā€™t fix it if itā€™s not broken.

1 Like