CTD/freezing at Dublin (EIDW)

Just updated to Sim update 9. CTD appears to of been resolved. Approached runway 28L & 10R and no issues on take-off or landing. Fingers crossed it remains smooth.

I’m still experiencing this issue after SU9. Using default scenery and spawning with default A320neo causes CTD.

Yes same for me with SU9 I use two pc and both CTD.

I have been flying around EIDW the whole month without issues and today it suddenly was impossible for me to avoid CTD:s taking off on 28L with departure DEXE1A. Flying manually to OE and then turn on autopilot so it will do a left hand turn and turn in to match the gps’ path. CTD happens exactly 29nm before DEXEN on that departure and according to Navmap it is when coming in over Dublin city.
I mainly used 10R earlier this month so maybe it was just luck I never got any crash as I was flying wider departures and not so close to Dublin city?
I ended up clearing out all in my community folder, using stock A320neo to test, running safe mode, cleared out sceneryindex, removing Navigraph, deleting content.xml etc but I still get the crash 100% consistent.

1 Like

CTD Just happened, 7 miles from EIDW on the ILS 28L. Was on Vatsim, cleared to land. What a terrible end to the evening flight!

My crashes happens pretty much on a line south from EIDW to approximately 5-6 nm where you end up on the SID 28L DEXE1A turning to DEXEN.
I now tried SID 28L BEPA5A which takes you south to BEPAN and not crossing Dublin city, and it works without CTD so far, so it looks like a few SID and STARS should be blacklisted to avoid the CTDs until this gets fixed. Pretty low voting on the issue so far so it might take a while.

I get a CTD too. The windows event view tells me an runtime error with event id 1000 in vcruntime140.dll
I flew 2 times from LFPG to EIDW approaching BAGSO2X then ILS 28L. CTD happened when captured glide slope. (Around 2300ft with altimeter 1022hPa)

Then I tried around a bit and even when using the icon A5 to start flying in EIDW (Dublin) it is loading the flight and around 80% to 90% the CTD happens.

I deleted the content of the community folder, used MSFS safe mode, tried different aircraft and different parking stands… Nothing works. I even uninstalled the englans/ireland sim update - still CTD. Even uninstalling and reinstalling newest FSUIPC doesn’t work.

I am using Win11 Pro with newest upates. No scenery for EIDW, no addons from LVFR, etc.
And I only experienced it in EIDW. (Dublin) MSFS on Steam on PC.

I played a bit more and changes some graphics settings to higher ones. Suddenly I can load a flight with the FBW A320Neo in EIDW at gate 175 without crashing - two times in a row with a sim restart in between.

I cannot check this any further now, but maybe some other one with the error could follow this trail. :wink:
I set my settings to the ones recommended for high-end in some thread here in MSFS forums.

does not helped me, deleted scenery index files, content.xml and rolling cache, but still got CTD when loading directly to EIDW and approaching RW 27 (with emty communtity or not)

Have no 3rd party add on for EIDW.

CTD every time I try to load into Dublin/MK Studios scenery.

1 Like

This just started happening to me today too after buying the pdmg 737, however I deleted it and fully reinstalled the entire sim, deleted the world update for UK and Ireland and emptied community folder but still I cant get near Dublin airport or even load a flight into it without a CTD. I had months of not a single CTD for a long time. Cant figure it out

I sent a zendesk ticket to Asobo. More should do this. They replied telling me to delete rolling cache but it didnt make a difference

OK after further testing i found something unusual. I normally use VR and I’ve been trying to load into and fly around Dublin with constant CTD’s, only over Dublin. nowhere else. In this case I have been testing with my VR headset powered off all the time. I’d normally have it powered on whether I’m using VR or not.
However, if I turn on My G2 headset, I can load in and fly around Dublin with no issues… whether in VR or on monitor, as long as the headset is just powered on. As soon as I power it off or disconnect it from the PC, the CTD’s are back. Weird one.
I’ve tested this multiple times with the same result…
Does anyone know what the connection is here to cause that?

1 Like

You know you might just have something there! I’ve been flying in and out of EIDW in VR since the time MK Studios released it, with no issues. Today I tried to spawn in EIDW with my G2 turned off (it’s a brick now thanks to my cable conking off, awaiting the V2 one) and immediate CTD! Tried once more and Boom! CTD again. I blamed it on the hotfix but now that you’ve mentioned it, it definitely has something to do with VR. All very strange!

Well I don’t have a VR unit and I still get CTDs at EIDW 100% of the time.

Strange thing now is that at the tine this was happening… i tried multiple times with the headset powered on and it worked eaxh time whereas with it off it ctd’d every single time… so it was surely the headset being powered off which led to the ctd… but… then next day it ctd’d no matter what and today, i could start in EIDW with no issue and thatvwas without the vr powered on… which contradicted what i originally said. But for sure the first night it happened, it was consistently working with the vr powered on and not working with it off… odd.
For sure something connected to the vr set was making a difference 2 days ago.

This is the thing though… it took for me to power on the vr headset to stop the ctd’s. Ibwas the same as you… if it was completely powered off i get the ctd so basiclaly if ibdidnt have it, id get the ctd. But after all that, strangely today it all worked fine again.

Something to do with monitor resolution maybe?

Bought the MK Scenery a couple of hours ago and naturaly I would end up here… CTD no matter what I do. Tried default, tried MK Studios, tried deleting Scenery Indexes, Content.xml
No success… Tomorrow I’ll try to contact someone from MK Studios…

1 Like

Sadly, I got a CTD again on short final runway 10R. Something really strange is happening at EIDW.

Problem is that the flights of my virtual airline regularly bring me there. And I cannot finish those flights… :frowning:

Edit: I tried to create a flight starting from EIDW, but at around 80% to 90% of loading I get an CTD. (Crash to desktop) - WIndows event always shows an error in vcruntime140.dll with code 0xc0000005, event id 1000