CTD/freezing at Dublin (EIDW)

I deleted the UK world update and EIDW has been fine since then.

Just an update. Since last night after buying MK Studios EIDW and with no success spawning any aircraft there, I had my last attempt trying to do it and had a CTD, turned off my PC and went to bed. Today, 1 hour ago, and just after installing WU9 (Italy and Malta), I tried to spawn the FBW A320N - Parking L616 and worked perfectly… Like a miracle. I even slewed the plane everywhere around the Airport and city to check if it would crash. No crashes !! If I only knew that I was celebrating so early… After getting quite happy that the issue was “solved”, I went to the Market Place and bought many Airports on Sale due to the WU9 fresh release. I have the habit to always after downloading and installing add-ons from Marketplace, I quit MSFS and load it again. So I thought, I’ll just check EIDW one more time (with MK Studios scenery). And then… guess what !? freaking CTD again. Deleted Scenery Indexes, Content.xml, rolling cache, tried to spawn from L616 or Gate 316. It will crash. At this point, I have no clue…

Since deleting World Update III (UK & Ireland) today, I haven’t had any CTD at MK Studios EIDW. Hopefully this has solved this issue.

I understant we are all in the same boat here and trying to find solutions but do you guys really consider deleting WU3 a solution ? I mean… losing lots of POI, Photogrametry, and airports a litte bit better crafted than the vanilla ones just because of a faulty MK Studios EIDW ??? I mean, they are the ones in need to fix the problem. However, and at this point, I’m not even sure if the CTD festival related to EIDW is due to their Scenery or Asobo’s… I believe it’s the first time I tried anything regarding Ireland since MSFS release so I’m pretty new on this EIDW issue and I’m not sure if this has been happening even before MK Studios EIDW was available for MSFS. And to be honest, what makes me absolutely surprised is the fact that after all this long, Asobo hasn’t fixed it (if that’s the case). Otherwise, it’s the scenery developer responsability to fix the issue.

Nobody called it a solution. It’s a workaround, but here’s the thing: it works. I’d rather not have the WU and be able to fly where I like, than have it and expect a CTD at random UK airports.

I agree somehow but this issue is very random. As I described a little bit earlier, right after installing WU9 tonight, it worked perfectly. And then, after I bought 8 new airports, it went kaput again… Very frustrating. I sent a ticket to MK Studios last night and atm, I’m still in touch and trying to solve it with one of their support guys. By the way, my version is the 1.1.0 since Microsoft Marketplace takes forever to update products.

Deleted WU3 (UK and Ireland), EIDW MK Studios installed, still CTD…

Did you fly on IVAO, because there are a few other reports of freezing in combination with MSFS…

So I’ve been testing non stop everything I could and now, everything is strangely working flawlessly… The little secret: Restarting my PC… Here is what I wrote to MK Studios to close my ticket.
I hope I lasts as this issue is a very strange one.

PS - Working with all World Updates and MK Studios EIDW installed.

"Ok, latest update: I was very frustrated trying absolutely everything I could. There was a moment I spawned an aircraft at Belfast and slewed it all the way to EIDW at approx. 10.000 Ft. When I was at the vertical of EIDW, a memory instruction message popped up and obviously, by pressing “OK”, MSFS immediately shut. Then without many hopes, I considered restarting my PC since I had that memory message. I run a pretty new high end PC by the way, Ryzen 9 5950X with 64Gb RAM at 3600MHz with a Nvidia 3090 OC.
Well, after restarting the PC, EIDW loaded fine. Then I thought it had to be related to Add-ons like airports and this could probably mess up with the MSFS Library indexes so anytime I added something, I’d have to delete Scenery Indexes, Content.xml, restart the computer and everything should be ok. But I was surprised that I bought Hamburg (EDDH) from Sim-Wings just to test my theory… And actually, after closing MSFS and loading again (without restarting the PC) I was certain that trying to Spawn anything at EIDW would crash MSFS. For my surprise, it DIDN’T … So, go figure… I’m not understanding anything at this point but right now, I’ve loaded many times EIDW, with PMDG, FBW, Aerosoft CRJ, Carenado Mooney, everything perfect ! I hope it keeps working !!! Then, so far so good but I’ll let you guys know if something goes wrong again !

Thank you ! "

In my case it has been the sim that froze and stayed frozen while IVAO Altitude was running and I discussed with TWR and heard TWR in conversation with other pilots. And the tracker was up and running.

Same for me, MSFS did freeze suddenly, but heard still ATC talk on IVAO Altitude…don´t know it it is related to IVAO, but could be a reason. Gonna try some flights offline or on VATSIM to doublecheck, Greets, Markus

I was flying on IVAO as the ctd appeared in short final in EIDW.
But the ctd while loading on gate 175 in EIDW happened without IVAO.

Hi - I can’t load into EIDW with or without ORBX scenery using default airplanes. I was able to load in before.

Thanks.

Same problem for me on other airport like LIMJ or LIMC…

since the update 9 I am getting CTDs at EIDW with AND without MK Studios scenery.

No crashes before the update using MK Studios EIDW.

Mine also randomly started working again and I dont know what I did to fix it… i had done a few things and then given up since they didnt work. then one day I just thought I’d try and it worked fine. Since then it hasnt been an issue again. Lets hope it stays that way

1 Like

Thats the same thing that happens now to me - again.
Well, I uninstalled my AntiVirus software - maybe that’s the solution. But I bet it will be crashing to desktop again soon.

Exactly… For me the same. After that night, prior to WU9 release and after so much struggle, restarting the PC did the trick (in my case). Yesterday I flew twice (TO and FROM Dublin EIDW (MK Studios Airport) no issues whatsoever. Everything fine and smooth. I’m totally lost but glad it’s working now. As you said, let’s hope it stays stable.

I just tried it on my XBXOX. Also instant CTD

Well, after 5 days working flawlessly, it’s happening again… I give up.