CTD Simulator 2020

PC

European Disk Version

Not using Dev mode and have not made changes in it

Well guys & girls I am begging for help. I can count on two hands the number of complete flights I have had since SU6 (the one that coincides with the Xbox release. Let me take you back to pre SU6. Like many, my FS2020 was not perfect but CTD’s were fairly infrequent and the game was very enjoyable. All of the problems I have today started after the SU that coincides with the XBOX release. Although I have been able to overcome some, such as the decompression issue when downloading updates and packages i still have major CTD issues.

After SU6, CTD’s became rather frequent and since the game of the year update they happen probably 8 or 9 times out of 10 times I load the game up. I even have CTD’s sometimes when in the menus. The only similarity is that the CTD’s appear to produce the same thing every single time they happen. The game seemingly stutters (visually and audibly) and then the game closes.

There is no way to accurately recreate the CTD’s as they happen sometimes 1/2 mins into the flight and can happen 30 mins into the flight. The CTD’s occur even when the game is running very smoothly, for example when cruising at FL300 and above, where the demand on the GPU is not as much as at lower altitudes.

As I have previously mentioned, I cannot remember the last time I was able to complete a flight. The last Time I came close was A domestic flight in the UK between Heathrow and Manchester using the FBW A320.

It is also worth noting that the CTD issues occur even when the community folder is empty and with every aircraft in the game.

Please help me. I have trawled the forums and facebook groups for fixes for months but have yet to find a solution for my problems. When this game was announced I was beyond excited to return to flight simming after about 7 years away from FSX. Despite the initial excitement I have been deeply disappointed by this game which I find visually stunning but, for me at least, totally unplayable. I would love to love this simulator but right now, it’s not worth half the money I paid for it.

PC Specs:
GPU - Nvidea GeForce RTX 2070 Super
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor
Memory - 32 GB at 3600 Hz
Storage - Samsung SSD 970 EVO plus 500GB
Joystick - Logitech Saitek X52

Moved to #community:general-discussion-feedback

A post was merged into an existing topic: Crash to desktop without error message