CTD's with Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x000000000258a8a9 Faulting process ID: 0x32b4

another crash with the H145 over Slovenia, near Postojna

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000245b669
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x0x23B4

so after talking a couple of times with msfs rookies, my guess is that a newly installed addon changes certain core settings in the sim.
then, while flying, the sim tries to access things it should not. and then CTD happens.

my exe.xml did not change so the new memory access error comes from somewhere else. my newly added addons were only folder copies to the community folder, so they did not change any core values.

however, I did install the flyinside b47 and b206 updates. those are exe files and automated installations were made.

the thing isā€¦ even if I deinstall the helis I have no proof/idea about what entries are deleted ot returned into the (stable) state beforeā€¦

again: I had a crash on a certain VFR route, after changing the aircraft I did succeed. then, with a third aircraft I had a crash again in a near region. (no local scenery addons)ā€¦ the style of the crash is the same like before changing exe.xml. (and having the simconnect issues)

can someone follow my thoughts or challenge the ideas? maybe someone with the same (new) error code?

There are add on developers who will override core files once the add on is ran (you wonā€™t know). It will effect other aircraft. The only way to resolve that is to remove the add on then those file/s will return to default once the sim is ran. I wish those developers would stop doing that.

Atkamen,

I answered your post in the FlyInside 206B3 heading (where you asked it again)

We do not modify ANY core files at all. The installer simply creates a folder and upacks the aircraft files into it.

Likely you have a conflicting addon. I wrote specific instruction on how to narrow that down in the other thread. Itā€™s how I find problem addons.

RotorRick

thanks again Rick, no worries, we have a long tradition of pin-pointing at 1000s of issues, mostly Asobo.

nobody is really helping us, we support each other.
I will keep everyone updated.

2 Likes

so, after deinstalling the flyinside helis I had two stable flights where I had my CTD before ā€¦ .

today flying again IFR over Austria I had another CTD with the same (new) exception codeā€¦ 0x000000000245b669

So I digged deeper into what I changed in the first days of january. I am deinstalling now step-by-step the new add-ons (or refreshed ones)

Found this interesting bug topic ā€¦ I deinstalled exe.xml and could also launch the msfs with no problems; after 3 starts it still did not reibuild the exe.xml (like the content.xml - it is still missing for me now for a couple of months) ā€¦

However, another interesting thing was that I launched my msfs on the 2nd of January whereas it asked me to change every setting again (it erased somehow again all of my in-game the settings) ā€¦ I was lucky that all the joystick settings were this timed saved, last time I had to re-set them too.

So, something did change my core settings in the sim, but I still have no idea what it was. This something is hitting me (again) with these new CTDā€™s

Hi,
Got my daily dose of CTD.

Fault bucket 2087163746666466401, type 5
Event Name: MoAppCrash
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.35.21.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 1.35.21.0
P4: 00000000
P5: FlightSimulator.exe
P6: 1.35.21.0
P7: 00000000
P8: c0000005
P9: 000000000245b669
P10:

Also keep in mind that some CTDs may end up being on the server end due to this sim steaming content.

Itā€™s better than that, most of the time. :wink:

after two longer flights over the Balkans with the 737 and over southern Germany with the Hjet:

so, my luck was that after returning from the christmas holidays I did update a bunch of things in one run and the CTD returned after that.
so I had around 6-10 updates I had in focus, one of these was (with 90% probability) the culprit:

• navigraph link for the G1000 (flightsim.to)
  • working title nxi G1000 (fix? addon? link?) (free addon in marketplace, inside the game)
  • learjet from flysimware 1.0.6.

I did delete these and now I am flying stable again.
grafik

2 Likes
  1. After booting up my computer and then launching FS2020, I get a CTD (Exception code: 0xc0000005) about halfway through loadingā€¦right after FSUIPC splash screen.
  2. Without rebooting, I promptly relaunch FS2020, get the ā€œSafe Modeā€ option which I select, and then I am able to get to the ā€œMain Screenā€ (albeit, minus the Black Square Baron addon in my hanger).
  3. Because the Baron is my current plane of choice, rather than select a flight, I exit FS2020.
  4. Again, without rebooting, I relaunch FS2020, and this time I am able to both select the Black Square Baron and successfully complete a flight.

I have tried this with Community folder stripped down and fully populated and the result is the same.

Is this just unique to me or can anyone else duplicate this?

im on this train too, casual day for me. Unplayable since december update, not sure what to do anymore, vanilla MSFS not working anymore. Ive spent one month trying to fix this CTD, nothing helps. Waiting for another update, maybe it will fix itself?

it sounds for me as a different exception code that we are discussing here. but you say, that fsuipc is launching itself, so try to change the exe.xml to ā€œvanillaā€ like described above.
may be some corrupted launching setting of the sim.

Assuming the ā€œste code hereā€ at the end is a copy/paste error, Iā€™m pretty sure that all that ā€œresettingā€ this file does is prevent the addons from starting with the sim. In your case, this is IVAO Pilot and FSUIPC7.

If that fixed your CTDs, maybe your issue was caused by one of them? Have you run them manually after the XML file change?

This does make me wonder about FSUIPC7 as I also have that running and am getting a similar CTD :thinking:

after resetting the exe.xml I have them all running manually again, fine, no CTD.

I use this ā€œvanillaā€ exe.xml since I posted
(the sim runs also without exe.xml which is a mystery indeed)

the guy who wrote this solution had the A2A comanche installed and deinstalled itā€¦ anyhow, after deinstallation the exe.xml still kept its code inside. and the simconnect got ā€œbrokenā€ because it was not updated (?) by a2a. it was somehow an ā€œoldā€ simconnect codeā€¦ (sorry, I am not an IT-guy, this everything goes far beyond my knowledge)

also have fsuipc running in the background (acars), ivao altitude client, streamdeck, a2a comanche pa24
everything runs smooth

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this solution I used the same steps which you post to fix a discord users same issue and now they can load into a flight
Thanks
Andy

happy to hear that!
now that I fixed my sim a nearly have no time to fly :rofl:

But what changed is that I better monitor what I did install on certain days so I can quicker find a faulty module.

this works until asobo makes a new update which rips certain things apart, then the search can begin again from the startā€¦

but let us enjoy the moment, happy landings!

1 Like

Not having this issue. Checked my sim and I do not have the exe.dll file within the core sim.

Not sure what happened past these days, but now the SIM is working, did play nonstop for 24 hours didnt get no CTD.
Oh maybe new Nvidia driver update did help to fix this? Who knowsā€¦

ā€œnot having this issueā€ is always my favourite reaction to people having some issues :smiley: