Current issue with live weather and associated ctd (and possibly black screen on xbox)

Well said… fed up with MS/Asobo… breaking things update after update… how developers can bring us great aircrafts with such a mess ???

3 Likes

Nope, also affected me on my 6800 XT :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The plane was on the market place MSFS

I didn’t say anything bad about them … i’m just reporting a problem after paying! and this is not good

I know. I was joking with you. Hopefully this thing is functional soon.

The above tip solved my performance issue. I usually start out with life weather and put it back later, when it does not work. When I set manual weather before the flight now, stutter issue gone.

1 Like

Performance issues are starting for me. My 3090 cut from high 80s to 90s utilization to 35-60. FPS down. I guess I spoke too soon…

1 Like

Good to know the degrading performance isn’t just me. I had just installed the G1000 nxi mod and thought it might have been related to that.

2 Likes

I’m down to this. 43K feet up a little north of Detroit. Brutal. I can assure it’s not hardware. My rig is stacked. It’s server nonsense for sure.

3 Likes

All I can tell you is to search the internet. Even use the search bar on this forum to try and find a issue with it. I can honestly tell you, you probably have about 0% chance of getting you money back. Pretty much everything you buy and download is final at purchase.

I can’t believe your card is dissipating 259 watts but only at 44% utilization and 18 FPS. But hey, at least it’s nice and cool. Ugh.

1 Like

Those are the numbers I see when the performance drops on long flights. It hurts to look at stats like that. The last 48 hours have been the first time it’s happened since starting to run the beta weeks ago.

when did they release this aircraft? probably not long… maybe this is the problem

The F-15 has been out for a year. The plane is fine. I have around 800 hours on it saying so.

I meant boeing 777-300

Your solution DID work (well, most of the time). However, since a couple of days Live Weather ONLY gives clear skies, and a totally messed up ATIS. But hey, we’re not supposed to complain and wait 'till they’re back from holiday. Ridiculous!

1 Like

I want to see if we’re talking about the same thing here. I’ve had an issue that sounds similar to this for a couple of days now, and makes the sim unplayable.

Loaded up the sim with live time and weather, KLAS to EGLL, B748. Takeoff to FL310 is fine. I walk away for a few minutes to tend to something while it’s cruising, and come back to audio and visual stutters, and FPS down in the low single digits. I looked here to see if it’s just me. Looks to be similar, I’m just trying to confirm. If needed, I can reproduce for troubleshooting.

Is this the bug we’re talking about? I make the AI pilot handle all the radio stuff, because handoffs are constant departing KLAS to the north. The audio from the ATC drops out, but the AI copilot still responds to it as though they issued a handoff. Just an observation, probably unrelated. The audio is stuttering, and the sim seems to be loaded down heavily when it was doing fine a couple days ago. What happened?
Is this what were talking about? I have 32GB RAM @3200, and 2 Vega 64s in this machine, I mean, not bleeding edge hardware, but has been handling the sim nicely until a couple days ago. Did something change somewhere? Surely it’s not something I did somewhere…

Yep. Same thing. If I pause the sim(full pause not active), the stats go back to close to what they should be.

1 Like

Yep. Ok then. That’s good confirmation there. Also, when I do that, my GPU fans start spooling out of control. Memory leak? Are they having us running crypto mining in the background? Seems like it.

3 Likes

rex has some problems but now it seems like the unique alternative to do a live weather flight