DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.04, 05 JAN 2025. FS24 compatible)

I got it working, too. It may have something to do with trying to spawn in at KDCA, I’ve heard there are some issues there. BUT, I also noticed that it was directly related to using the radio, as soon as I turned off ATC assistance and stopped trying to speak to ATC, suddenly it worked again.

But I didn’t explore it any further. I did notice the issue with the deice fluid, though, and was unable to find a fix.

I came across an issue today that gives the FADEC Inop error and engine fails to start if you select the standard Livery 1. All other liveries seem to work fine.

Asobo additional liveries use a panel.cfg file which would be in conflict with that used by the DA62X mod. This problem can happen with community adding liveries as well. Just make sure you use a livery with no panel.cfg file (or panel folder). All mine on Flightsim.to are DA62X compatible, just search for Crispy136.

Thanks for the heads up. This is really bad.
1 - A mod stops you using a standard Asobo livery.
2 - Not all Asobo liveries are made in the same way.
3 - The user has no notification of these incompatibilities.

As a work around is there a way to remove an individual Asobo livery?

Additional Asobo liveries can be uninstalled through the Content Manager. Just click on them and you should see a tick appear, then hit the “Delete” option at the bottom. The content manager also displays your Community folder content.

You would think Asobo would figure that livery issue out all by themselves. I’m pretty sure this plane, the DA40, the FBW A32NX, and the WT CJ-4 all require liveries without panel.cfg files in order to work (and quite possibly others that I’m just not aware of), you would think they would change their livery design baselines to not have one, especially since in my experience anyway, deleting it doesn’t do a thing to begin with.

At least WT figured out how to warn us users if we’re using a no bueno livery as soon as you turn the plane on so we don’t waste our time doing something we’re just going to have to redo anyway, once we figure it out for ourselves and go all the way back out to pick another one (that may or may not work).

I was shocked when these new Asobo liveries started showing up (some of which look rather nice IMO) that don’t work with these mods that are soooo common that they’re pert near in universal use.

10/25/21

Using this DA62X mod 0.5.2, the WT 1000 NXI 0.8, and SU6, I am having some minor issues. Are any of you flying the DA62X also seeing these issues since SU6?

  1. HUD (Heads Up Display - External Camera) CDI shows VOR1 when flight loads while NXI CDI shows GPS. I must click the NXI CDI soft key 3 times to have HUD show the GPS CDI to match the PFD CDI. During a flight, the HUD and cockpit CDIs may get out of sync again when doing certain things perhaps like using the NXI to activate the approach, I am not sure what makes it differ again, I just notice it when I switch back to the external camera.

  2. SU6 arrival parking ramp or gate selected in the World Map is ignored by ATC. SU5 ATC directed me to taxi to the selected arrival parking ramp or gate. In SU6 I am never directed to the parking that I have selected in the World Map. I notice that thankfully the NXI does not import the TIME* waypoints the World Map adds in VFR flights since SU5, but I wonder if somehow the World Map selected arrival parking is also being ignored.

  3. Since SU6 there are intermittent bugs in the Fuel dialog. Before clicking reset, percentages read 50% when fuel quantity is below 50%, OR, after clicking Reset, quantity is updated but percentages in the dialog are not.

  4. SU6 seems to have eliminated the Announce Clear of Runway ATC option at uncontrolled airports after landing and exiting the runway.

I am trying to determine if these issues can be fixed in any settings, or if they require a fix in the DA62X mod code, in the NXI code, or if they require a sim update. My guess is that issue 1 is something that needs to be corrected in the DA62X mod and/or the NXI, and issues 2-4 were broken in SU6, but your feedback will help me know the appropriate place to report each issue.

Flying the DA62X mod with the NXI in SU6 overall has been a great experience. I was flying around in the atmospheric river of rain we got here on the West Coast of the US yesterday and sometimes I could not see the runway until I was almost on top of it, but never crashed thanks to the DA62X mod and the NXI having visual approaches available for every runway in the sim. Of course, I had to enable ignore weather in the ATC dialog at the controlled airports to get VFR landing clearance.

Thanks again. I’ll give that a try.

Well said sir. I agree.

Its Asobo’s game and our issue.

@Sling380 @KevyKevTPA My mods also have warnings if the livery doesn’t work.

The warning if it’s the CAS message to which you refer just says something like see FAQ’s and that didn’t give me enough of a hint hence my question here. “Incompatible livery” would be better. Yes Agreed, Asobo need to fix this if the mod can’t deal with this type of livery.

Its says the check the FAQ, the FAQ says to check try the default livery to confirm.

Tommy, FYI Dakfly has released an update to the Longitude mod that fixes the annunciator problem and also takes advantage of the new annunciator functionality. Apparently all the changes are in the panel.xml file. Maybe you can bring similar fixes over to your mods?

What broke?

Dakfly goes into a much higher level of detail than I can relate in the Longitude mod thread. But I think if you look over the changes he made for the Longitude you may be able to implement something similar for the DA60 and DA40

Could you please be more specific? What annunciations that do exist in real DA40 are missing in the mod right now? Panel for cessna is specific to this aircraft. But what should be improved in Diamonds?

I didn’t write the mod so I have no idea. I am just letting Tommy know about this in case he was unaware. If this information is already known or irrelevant than just ignore my post.

@MrTommymxr Cool!! What am I looking for?

The Longitude uses the Garmin G3000 while Tommy’s Diamonds use the G1000.
Dakfly’s and Nezz’s mods are for the G3000 annunciator panels.

Yes I know. Dakfly made modifications to the Longitude panel.xml that fixed all the wierd annunciators in that plane. Other developers could look at what he did and make similar modifications to the panel.xml for their planes. This annunciator problem affects all planes since the recent update so its irrelevant whether we are talking about G1000 or G3000.