Deimos G39 Griffin

https://images.app.goo.gl/pvEWWWH7iTc7YAut9

All 3d models are like this… a number of polygons… more polygons there are and much more the geometry is smooth and detailed … of corse this means that more polygons means more process for the computer.

In order to resuce the working load on pc and xbox i went deep on each component of the griffin reducing the numbers of polygons without reduce the final quality and i also added two additional lod (models at lower polygon number) that will be used by the game for aircraft that are far away

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the explanation. I really appreciate it!

1 Like

I don’t develop aircraft myself, but I know the subject too.
From a different but similar area.
That’s why I can safely say: It makes pain in the butt to find the right balance there.
I wish lots of success.

1 Like

Well… actually i was able to reduce the polygons without lost quality :wink: so i think that now should be fine and friendly also with xbox :wink:

3 Likes

I can hear you :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 Like

I have it on my Xbox Series S and I have made a few flies and for me as a casual MSFS2020 gamer ist performes very well to me. But that is my personal oppinion.

1 Like

Yes i know! Someone on very busy airport and with graphic settings very hight had some small issue, so the goal is to let have an amazing experience to everyone with no issue!

Hopefully it won’t hurt the look of the jet too much. It’s a stunning jet and it really shines when it comes to small and beautiful details, outside and inside the cockpit. You did a good job really. Any plan to bring more accurate avionics in the future ? Or you’re gonna stick to the basic garmin system ?

1 Like

That is awesome! thanks for the reply and awesome work!

1 Like

I’ll try to for sure!
Actually i am looking for someone else for coding

1 Like

The Sonic Boom sound effect is astonishing!
Good Job @DeimoS987

4 Likes

Thanks so much ! <3

I may be seeing this completely wrong.
But as far as I can tell there are two versions at the moment. One for XBox and one for PC.
While the PC version will be slimmed down a bit, nothing will change for the XBox version.
In fact, that’s not a big problem either.
It’s just that in some regions of the world the Gripen drops in the frame rate on weak systems.
I asked Deimos to fix it and they were kind enough to do so.
There´s really nothing more.

I’m enjoying the Griffin and I appreciate the Brazilian Air Force liveries.
However I’ve been experiencing something weird when flying it: the scenery texture quality decreases a lot.
I suppose it’s the Xbox version trying to keep the sim running in a decent frame rate while performance-hungry addons are running? Did someone else experience that on Xbox?

Well i do not know if this could be linked to the plane or not, btw as i wrote up, i already sent the update to microsoft, so i hope that it will be out soon!
And this update should also fix and improve the performance

1 Like

This South African Air Force repaint would be much appreciated!!!

2 Likes

Will there be any garmin repair procedure in Daher TBM other than uninstalling Gryffin?

3 Likes

Is there any chance that we will get real one Jas-39’s HUD and MFDs (without weapons etc. of course)? There is only so few Gripen’s in flight sims right now so I see big potential in this! Thank you.

3 Likes

Hope so… i am looming for someone that could help me with that!

Btw the update is out!

2 Likes

Got my update today.
Now I have a low level pass from Innsbruck to Salzburg (Austrian Alps) behind me.
That worked great.
Buttery soft and liquid, better than many others.
All in all I can say: This is exactly the update that I was hoping for.
And I can’t see at all where the plane looks worse now than before.
Great job, thank you very much.

:grinning: :+1: :grinning:

3 Likes