Deimos G39 Griffin

Thanks so much for your report!!
I am so happy to read it!!
Have a lot of fun with it!!!
Thanks
As usual for any issue or request just write to me!

I installed the update to G39 Griffin on 2022-12-18. It’s now a real pleasure to fly the G39 Griffin!
Two weeks ago I spent one hour in SAAB’s JAS 39 E simulator (at the Swedish Air Force Museum in Linkoeping). It had all facilities/weapons available to me, plus a very good instructor who helped me. It’s a very complicated machine indeed! I have to say, that after having flown the SAAB JAS 39 E simulator, the Deimos G39 Griiffin behaves pretty much the same way (as far as I can judge). Of cource, the E version has a more powerful engine, the darn thing accelerated like cracy.
Now flying Deimos G39 Griifin feels much more like the real thing. Well done Deimos Inc!

3 Likes

Out of curiosity is there a reason why everyone on the forums and YouTube keep referring to this plane as “Griffin” instead of “Gripen”? Am I the one missing something?

1 Like

I think gripen just translate to griffin, that’s from swedish to english.

3 Likes

Thanks for the nice story, plan to go to the museum next year :slight_smile:
Also good to hear that the updates seams to improve the plane so might be time to test it again.

Thanks so much for your report!!
Have a lot of fun on it!!!

Is due to licence agreement :slight_smile:

1 Like

When will this aircraft become availiable on just flight so we can also see it range of weapons?

I am not going to sell product outside the marketplace, btw i am working on an addon to make the weapons visible….

1 Like

If not selling products outside the market place how would that be possible with MS markerplace policy?

1 Like

I am testing how to have the weapons installing a dlc from flightsim.com … the planes from marketplace will have no weapons

1 Like

Hi,

I purchased the griffin also for the Xbox x and I have found that if I fly from or land on an airport that has had some sort of third party marketplace addon then the plane does some very strange things. Either it will crash the application and quit back to the Home Screen, or the avionics screens will switch on and off.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Hi! Does anyone else have issues with G39 Griffin and throttle goes to idle during take offs? I manage to reach approximately 50% on the engine but then the throttle sets to idle and it gets completely locked. This seems to happen during world flight mode and only when I start at the hangars. If I spawn the aircraft directly on the runway I manage to take off without any issues.

Am I doing something wrong?

Remove the helpers, just set all to difficult :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Its working, its woorking!!

1 Like

:wink:
It’s a pleasure! Have a lot of fun!!!

I’ve installed today and its almost impossible to takeoff and land decently. What’s happening is that it has a very high aileron sensitivity and a roll tendency just before takeoff and in flight, and during landing, when aircraft is about 200feet, the sensibility decreases 99%, almost not responding to aileron and elevator commands and i crash. Is anyone experiensing this ? All the helpers is off and set to difficult. Tried legacy and modern flightmodel.

5 Likes

Hey, I had a similar issue. I belive it’s because of the autopilot or something (I think it turns on automatically when taking off). Just set your Autopilot heading to the runway heading and all should be fine :slight_smile:

If you set all the helpers to difficult (so disable them) you should have no problem