Deimos G39 Griffin

The first update that i sent to microsoft last week od december 22 was released few days ago… and that one was fixing some issue like the nozle …
2 days ago i sent also another one to fix the pilot’s animations and the issue of the Mfs affecting also other planes

Well, regarding a sort of “delay” on yoke ok… still working on it… but if you fly it , you can learn how to anticipate it… btw again, i am working to fix that…

Regarding agility… well, i think that you have to compare it to say that… fly close
To anyother jet and check that :wink:

2 Likes

Well, ok… For starters, addressing the delay in pitch would be nice but this is a modern jet. It feels slow and doesn’t feel as maneuverable as the other fighter jets. I know you’ve mentioned in your store product description that the flight characteristics are not based on actual data but estimates… But it needs to feel nimble, agile and responsive. It barely touches 8 Gs… It should be able to hit at least 9 Gs or come close to it.

I love the sound on this thing… Sounds like a dream blasting through my amp!

Flight model needs updating for sure… Hope it’s coming soon as I can’t fly this right now… Other jets are way more fun than this.

@DeimoS987

I can agree with the issue of the small delay, that is an Asobo’s fbw issue that i am trying to fix…

But i do not agree regarding the fact that the G39 Griffin is less agile than other…. I do not know what kind of test you did to get this information, but following mine tests… is not at all like that :wink:

Regarding the 9G, well, the think is not so easy to explain, btw, the plane limit the aoa at 25/30 degrees, you can get the maximum of the g depending on your aoa… any plane without thrust vectoring that pull 9G over the maximum aoa … i am not sure in real life what could happen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First of all, love how responsive you are - clearly shows you care about your product and the people who buy them!

I absolutely love your work and have bought not only the Griffin but also the Mig 29 and Felon before this one. All are great.

Now, my only issue with the Griffin is that it pitches and rolls too slowly. I’m not doing any kind of test other than jamming the left analog stick all the way left/right or up :sweat_smile:. No matter what speed or altitude… It pitches and rolls slowly for a modern fighter jet!

The Mig 29 for example or the F-16 or F-14 roll and pitch much faster than this which are all older fighter jets… And truly give the feeling of piloting a fighter jet.

The Griffin doesn’t.

There has to be a toggle on the aircraft that allows the pilot to maneuver it more freely without any caps or limits. There has to be! :smiley:

Looking forward to the flight model updates. @DeimoS987

3 Likes

Ok Thanks so much!
I’ll do my best to fix that issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its very heavy on my system. Where other flights are supersmooth with any palen (even pmdg’s) this is a stuttery mess with fps problems etc. Also…over 5Gb, I guess it could be optimized both in size and more efficient to the system. Also a lot of flickering going on in cockpit, and glitches in panels. Also stutters when looking around. I was hoping so much for this addon. When will the next update be released?

I love the aircraft. Great value. However, about the half the times I load it up, the canopy takes on a life of its own. I click on the handle, and I hear the sound, but the canopy stays closed. I click again, and it stays closed; I click a third time, and it makes the sound, and then it opens. After a few seconds, it closes again. Then it will not open again. But after a few minutes, it starts to open and close, open and close, open and close.
A full start-up and shutdown sometimes clears the problem.

Really enjoying the update! Thanks so much! Flight model is sweet!

1 Like

I don’t know what the update fixed. It still feels slow and pitches and rolls slowly. What has the update improved? Feels the same to me.

Too slow for a delta wing modern fighter jet.

@DeimoS987 There’s something funny going on with the HUD fps since the update. The ladders and animation is just around 2-3 frames per second!

Previously, this was an issue with the analogue altimeter in chase cam - the fps on that was very, very slow and now it’s the HUD animation which is extremely low in terms of fps :thinking: although the altimeter animation in external cam now appears correct.

But of a seesaw effect here, have we? :sweat_smile:

Asap… i am working on a version optimized for xbox

Is a problem due to the FBw of msfs… as well as for all the other fighters or not using the fbw

1 Like

This, as for the canopy issue is very strange… i didn’t touch those… i do suggest you to unistall, reboot, install again and reboot again

@DeimoS987

Ok, thanks. So the fps for the HUD looks fine to you on Xbox?

Any other Xbox users confirm this please?

As for FBW, it’s a flight simulator issue like you say yet planes like F35 and F16 feel great and they have FBW.

Does the Griffin roll and pitch this slowly in real life, that’s what I’m wondering now? It can’t be…

Anyhow, looking forward to future updates too. Also, do you have plans to make the afterburner visual effects stand out? It looks kinda dull and 2D’ish if that makes sense.

@DeimoS987 Hi, on xbox here. Loving it so far, any possibility of a basic user manual?

When will you fix the weight setup? The whole weight of the G39 is on the front in your model. 3D modeling of the G39 is great, cockpit needs some higher texturing. This one has POTENTIAL but just don’t put all the weight on the front of the jet. It feels like a brick at some points. There’s no way to do high alpha or any of the IRL G39 movement. Check out YouTube for some amazing G39 demos.

Autopilot is bugged and after awhile of alt hold it starts dropping by itself if you don’t keep a speed above mach 1.0. Keeping over 1.0 makes it climb higher even when on alt hold. I have reinstalled this addon three times now. There IS potential but you just need to work on this now. I love the G39, it’s one of my favorite jets.

3 Likes

Oh good point! This is why it always felt sluggish and slow to react as too much of the weight is on the front. Hope the Dev is making notes and rolls out an update soon

@DeimoS987 Take note please! :smiley:

1 Like

The indication that you have in the game is just taking consiretation of the center of the fusolage, then positioning the wing and setting the CL of the 1/3 of the mean aerodinamic cord (where the game suppose that the CL is), then is moving the cg on that scheme.

So this mean that on my plane the cg is over the 1/3 of the mean aerodinamic chord!
The fact is that msfs is not optimized for canards.

The problem on the control, that you have actually on all the other fbw planes that use the fbw of Asobo is just the fbw. If you are on pc, just go in the plane folder, flight model, and remove the 1 on the fbw….

Btw i am still working to find a solution to give back the right agility to the gripen, still using the fbw of Asobo

My project for the Q2 of 2023 is to go back on all my planes and fix and or improuve them!

6 Likes

Hi maybe a Repaint Kit!!!Regards!