Disappointed in Sim Update 5

Lol you’re right about that dude

I seem to have fixed this issue by mapping the middle mouse button to something like ‘cursor mode on’, can’t remember the actual name but if you search for ‘cursor’ in the mouse profile there’s only one. I only had to press it the once and it was OK for the whole session.

PS I’ve only used this once since I made this change so it hasn’t had extensive testing but first impressions are good.

Not sure why they made this necessary but it worked.

Not at all lol, just stating the obvious. I for one would love the sim to get progressively better on PC, but in the business world it’s not about what I love, it’s about turning a profit. Like I said there’s nothing wrong with that.

Biggest things for me which need to be sorted ASAP:

1. Crash to desktop nearly every time I go into the sim, either before getting into the game, or at a random point thereafter
  2. Long freezes (30s plus) when adding or removing my headphones (USB-C), also sometimes leading to CTD
  3. Altitude issue. As a lot of people have had, altitude in game does not match what is recorded in Vatsim
  4. Only a small thing but text for tail number, callsign, flight number etc just disappears!
  5. FBW A320neo, bits not working. I know this is to be expected with an update, and I expect FBW are working hard on a new stable version so possibly not down to Asobo alone to fix

I really had to search for the popping trees in that video, and had I been “immersed” in the flying experience, I would probably have missed it entirely.

There has been a prolonged and seemingly never-ending discussion about tree line distances where the prevailing complaint is that it’s “completely immersion breaking” to see trees and other 3d objects popping up. I’ve always wondered if those people were truly immersed in the first place, and if so, whether it was in flight simulation or in testing the world rendering.

But of course, everybody is in their full right to focus on what makes most sense to them.

2 Likes

So its the servers overload or the new rendering tech ,why we didnt get a reply from any of the dev team at least to understand the reason behind it after 520 comments?

Because other people constantly post unfounded negative claims about the competence and integrity of Microsoft (and Asobo).

1 Like

As for me, I am happy with the update and the very good performence. Hope aircrafts will be adopted soon (Cessna Longitude and CRJ) The Cessna 208 Caravan works perfect with the new free Garmin 1000!

I like the highliting, when you use a switch on the panel, this is very usefull! But the popup text is a DESASTER! It covers mostly the things you want to read and to alter. What did the think to make such a useless nonsense??? It might be for real bloody beginners has has to be switched off somehow.

The flightplanner became even more useless. A stupid automatism changes the flightplan you enter. Even when you import a flightplan from your planning software (Little Navmap). This is a desaster!

STOP CHANGING THE FLIGHTPLAN WE WANT TO USE. We are serious simmers and don’t want ANY automatic things in our flightplans!!

Made a short flight with Aerosoft CRJ700 from EDDK-EDDF at ultra settings 1440p. It was a historic moment as first time in flight simulator i had locked 60fps stable with some drops of 50s for some seconds just before take off on EDDK aerosoft airport ( ultra heavy scenery). Pure clean 60fps flight with all settings at max. I locked fps to 60 as i didnt want to overheat my 3090 Asus OC as with out limit i had 70 to 100 fps. I had also some crashes and possibly it was A32NX ( even the latest dev update). I made many test flights with MSFS default aircrafts and i didn’t have a single crash so far. Those random crashes possibly could have a connection with Live Weather or even MSFS servers beside 3rd party compatibility issues. I am not disappointed at all, at the end i am sure Los Asobos will fix all issues

2 Likes

Please explain to me, then, why they introduced VR!
Or even why they made a PC version in the first place.

You blissfully ignore any evidence disagreeing with your firm belief. Where have I seen this before?

Deleting rolling cache reduced the new stutters/fps drops when moving the camera for me.

that’s not true. if you use the POV hat of a stick, and when you switch from left-view to right-view, there’s a lot of pop-up going on. and looking left and right is quite normal for flying a plane.

Remove the Fbw completely. I found that once i did all crashes stopped. I’m assuming that bc even though i wasn’t flying it, it was showing up as multiplayer planes. Causing the crash.

I’m honestly not sure that MS will suffer it looking better on PC than it does on the console that they have been promoting as “the future of gaming” but which turns out to only have the performance of a pc gaming rig from 2016.

What we see now is the future of the sim, tailored for a platform that doesn’t need to support multiple monitors, where the display is viewed from 3m and the viewport can afford to be tighter. (Therefore hiding a lot of the culling that makes it possible to run at acceptable frame rates on a platform that cannot be hardware upgraded during its life cycle.)

All of this sounds horribly pessimistic yes. But SU5 has filled me with dread rather than hope.

3 Likes

For simmers annoyed by this LOD and TEX bugs i created a thread under graphics and performance section please vote

4 Likes

i really hope you’re right. they need to maximize the power of PCs and not hold it back for the console version.

i thought the x-box versions already runs on dx12?

Speaking about rolling cache, I had it off for long and with SU5 update it was automatically turned ON with an 8GB buffer on my OS C Drive. So I suggest double-check it and its settings.

1 Like

I respect that man but if we lose hope then who will keep them honest :wink:

Nah, already spent lots of money in the Marketplace. Fix this or no more money for you MS/Asobo.
Also I’m thinking about those hard working developers of airports and airplanes who won’t see much of our money anymore. :frowning:

1 Like