Disappointed in Sim Update 5

For me I have lost the ability to even switch batteries on, or even hide yoke, this is accross most of the aircraft GA I have attempted to fly, but is just frustrating. so I close and wait and hope for an hot fix or update.
2021-08-09T14:00:00Z

where are you getting the hotfix I’ve checked the micro store but nothing

I have posted in another thread a screenshot comparison showing that they also reduced the quantity of night lights in some roads. This is clear when flying the Aspen landing challenge.

All these changes that reduce visual aspects are so dissapointing… it made the sim reduce immersion imo.

6 Likes

Another backward step I’ve found is on JFK landing challenge the runway centre line has disappeared.
Add this to no spoilers, trim not functioning, AI ATC sometimes doesn’t work., and on and on etc. Btw all ok before latest update
They have really fxxxxx this up with update 5 .
I assume because they have used pc users to get the sim ready for Xbox and now don’t give a monkeys as long as they make money.

2 Likes

Fixed my problem by setting global settings to low then flying one flight than setting ultra agin and deleting cache and restarting fs.

Im worried about this downgrade, there’s still complete silence regarding this specific issue. Multiply that by say 200 houses on screen that you see, and the downgrade can be instantly felt.

1 Like

LOL first CTD

Never had CTD’s until this last “FIX.” Now I can’t complete a flight.

1 Like

Same here. I did a 4h flight yesterday with no problems with B777-200 but today I was using the CJ4 and the sim crashed.

1 Like

IMHO there ought to be two separate programs: MSFS 2020 and MSFS for XBOX. It’s like trying to build a hifi sound system that can be installed in a 2000 seat theater and also in a private home.

11 Likes

I second that 100% !!!

1 Like

You would have thought that would have been the very first decision they would have made.
Probably too late now to untangle this mess.

3 Likes

It seems to be, as if some planes (C172) are more twitchy again. Did someone else experience that?

1 Like

When wiil we see a improvment of the weight and fuel page? SU 5 make it worser then before

1 Like

I never played with this screen but what if you apply and save after each slider change?

i will try it thanks for you answer. So i tried. and i got the same issue.

So, to play this triple A sim after a year post purchase & after the last mandatory update to improve the quality, I simply load to fly this great experience?.. yes, oh, providing I don’t use live weather, or live traffic… oh, nor planes bought from the official Marketplace… ah, & ignore ATC’s constant requests for me to climb to my already established height, and ignore fuel & weight whilst learning to ignore the white dot, whilst wearing sunglasses for the overexposure… oh yes, not before unplugging my peripherals to rely on an erratic mouse interface whilst deleting all the contents of my community folder… all this incase I trigger the dreaded ‘Crash To Deskt…… ‘ AH… too late :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:… what did I do wrong!?!

13 Likes

no worry the live weather does not match with the real world weater her.e becasue here are few clouds and the sun shines. In MSFS 2020 ove rcast Clouds.

you dosent do soemthing wrong because the issue is in the simulator

1 Like

You have forgot, the best is don’t start your Computer

2 Likes

You didn’t buy an xbox

6 Likes