Discussion: March 25th, 2021 Development Update

76T is fixed but now we have hard pause every 30 seconds?

this may happen during initial loading… give the sim some time to stabilize…

I have. I’ve sat here for 10 minutes, using a stopwatch to measure the intervals. Keep in mind, this is just me. YMMV

1 Like

Have you given your PC a restart?

“Hello, IT department, have you turned it off and on again?”

1 Like

Did you log out and reboot your computer after the download?

2 fps mostly!

Restart. That’s a good idea…lol…I should know that by now…

1 Like

Haha you’re forgiven, given all the excitement!

What I’m most curious about it to hear reports from people with formerly great FPS who got tanked to under 20 by SU3 and see if it improved their performance and by how much.

1 Like

Given the update is only applied on the MSFS executable file, it was obviously a bug on the CODE… not the nav data, terrain, etc…

1 Like

That doesn’t draw that conclusion. The code may need to change because the data has changed in some way. No one knows except Asobo!

The simulator directed to the MS Store to take a ‘mandatory’ update which is around 1.03GB. I really wonder how it will affect. Fingers crossed.

Any of y’all gotten the update yet for Steam?

I’ve decided to take some comparison screenshots over the Miami area while I’m still running 1.14.5.0. Lots of stutters for me around that area at the moment.

2 Likes

Steam still stays silent. Did they also update new products for MarketPlace this week?

The irony that I load the sim (pre update version) to take some screenshots for comparison later… and I get my first CTD in 2 months :rofl:

1 Like

Yay! Congrats! Hopefully this will improve the sim for most others too! Happy flying.

OMG !!! I just went to a small village in Greece which was a stutter fest and i got smooth flying like never before !
May have we seen the light at last ? :joy::joy::clinking_glasses:

EDIT YupI confirm that stuttering is LONG GONE ! Smooth gameplay in all the places i was in a slideshow.
Thank you Asobo.Please keep it that way in the future :joy::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Flying with new patch, near San Francisco…

Spikes again??? :sob:

My first feeling is something strange. Seems to me that the distance of scenery loading is lower than before.

FPS no improvement

EDIT - rolling cache OFF
problems OFF

Is the update even out on steam? I’m currently not getting any updates after startup, it just goes directly into the menu.

If it’s a small patch then steam may already have downloaded and installed it for you without you noticing. (depending on settings)