Discussion: March 25th, 2021 Development Update

Those lucky buggers! At least this patch helped a lot of people, I’m happy for them. Guess somebody has to be the odd one out.

Well I am doing a small test flight from EGGW LUTON TO LFPO.(payware) .A320 FBW
Setting high end clouds ultra
FPS 47 outside
FPS 30 to 40 inside cockpit…so far so good but not landed yet

Yep this is looking like a great patch. Hitting highest FPS for a while. Currently doing a 6 hour flight with sim rate advance and sitting at 40 fps on max sim rate, which is awesome - don’t think I’ve ever had this. Smooth as silk too, no stutters at all

3 Likes

Well if it makes anyone else who’s is having issues feel better, I think I’ve caused myself problems by repeatedly launching the sim and quitting when checking for the steam update.

Eventually the steam update installed, but I then had a 28GiB download, which hung for an hour at the final 20MiB…

So I quit the sim, and somehow that unmounted my entire NVME drive and changed its drive letter (how is that even possible?!)

So had to fix that, then the sim was hanging on “checking for updates”, so deleted all the files in Packages > Official that were modified today…

And now I’m waiting for it to download 30GiB…

Sigh.

I’m not blaming Asobo, I blame myself. Never had this before. Like I say, I think it’s because I was repeatedly launching the sim from steam and then quitting before it got to the main menu. So don’t do that folks :joy:

2 Likes

Looks like a great patch , great to know that fixing these few issues helped so much!

1 Like

My sim has the poor performance as the last days has…

1 Like

runs great but live weather won’t work lol

Thank you ASOBO!!!

1 Like

Seems to be working better no stutters, but fps is a little lower then it used to be, at least its smooth…It’ll be interesting on the results on the laptop tomorrow…

This is my first post, so hello everybody and please forgive me if I´m doing anything stupid. :wink:
For me the patch is working, had some bad stutters and slowdowns in nearly every regieon I flew before.
Now the fps is 40+ somewhere and 20+ in heavy areas using a mixture of mostly hing and ultra settings.

What really helped me before getting the patch was reverting back to the NVIDIA driver 457.30.
Did this using latest DDU and doing a fresh Nvidia install drivers only.

My specs:
MSI G66
I9 10980HK
32GB
2TB M2
RTX2080 Super

Cheers to everyone and thanks Asobo

3 Likes

Got 4-5 extra frames per second now, 20 FpS on low altitude. Settings on High, effects and clouds off, no cache. Steady flight, very nice improvement !

I’m in east coast US. Firing up the sim simply downloaded 1.14.5.0 again. There’s no indication in the store of a new download. Anyone else in this boat? 5:35 EST.

Hi all, new forum poster here.
I seem to be an outlier, in that for me performance improved following Sim update 3 and was running the best it ever has. I did have some stutter immediately following the update but Overkill’s Youtube suggestion to disable fullscreen optimizations, along with disabling DPI rendering completely fixed my issues and the last couple of weeks’ performance has been the best I’ve enjoyed since buying the game in December.

Strangely, this new patch, whilst certainly not bad for performance, seemed to make things run slightly more stuttery. I’m wondering if the adjustments I made prior with disabling fullscreen optimization and DPI rendering now need to be undone?

I have a 10850k, 32GB of ram and 3090 and play exclusively in VR and in the Cessna 152, which I imagine is a plane that gets higher framerates than a glass cockpit airliner.

Steam or MS store, you have to update on either one of those as well, my client update the same said 1.4.5 downloaded 1.4.5 again, 20 min later steam finally gave their end of the patch and all of a sudden I was 1.4.6.

Flying the A320 the fps is actually worse now for me…

Might sound like a stupid question but did you check to ensure it is ON Live Weather.
I ask because when I was setting up my first test after doing the patch. I noticed it was set to clear, even though I never switched it. Clicked LIVE and all good.

Thanks, yes bought through store, but there’s nothing there to initiate an update. Anyone else in this situation?

I had to click the “GET UPDATES” button before it showed up in the MS Store.

1 Like

I still have mine set that way and did not have any ill effects. I did notice that a couple setting were changed in sim before firing up a flight. Maybe have a look around and confirm your normal settings.

1 Like

Yes I did the same with DPI etc and now I see the boxes are unchecked. Seems the update overides the exe.

1 Like

Click the three dots beside your picture top right. Open “Recent…” and click the “GET UPDATES” button