Discussion: May 6th, 2021 Development Update

Very much agreed with this! It would help keep the bug reports clean, and it could be used for other things like co-ordinating a multiplayer test.

1 Like

The update will come on May 12

yeah that sounds possible… im swiss… so my store and hub is in german… maybe thats why

So now we joined but nothing else to do (download/install beta) until Wednesday, correct?

i think so

1 Like

Correct. Nothing else to do now until the update is available on Wednesday :+1:

2 Likes

Yep, last time I could use the simulator normally until Microsoft Store pushed an update on its own. Nothing else is required on our end.

2 Likes

Awesome thanks

Sweet thanks!

1 Like

After joining the beta, there was an update that downloaded automatically from the store, and now I’m unable to launch the game. I get the “There’s a mandatory update” message and then it closes MSFS and launches the store, where there’s no update. Uninstall/reinstall doesn’t fix it. I realize SU4 beta drops on May 12, but I’m guessing not being able to use the game until then is not desired behavior by the dev team.

That’s certainly not intended behaviour, nothing on the Microsoft Store for me right now. Hope you can get it fixed!

Had you previously updated to 1.15.10.0? How big was the store update?

EDIT - trying to load it up now…

I had, yes. It was current before. The update was 1.2 or 1.6 GB, can’t recall.

Wierd. Mine has just progressed past the “checking for updates” and has loaded normally

If you go into the store and click the three dots next to your profile picture top right and click downloads and updates, it should show the recent updates you’ve done, presumably including the update to MSFS you’ve just done. Mine shows this:

Do you have something similar?

Well, I rebooted and got further along than I had before, so for now we’ll assume it’s fixed until it’s not. Due to my reinstall, I have to redownload all the content again apparently. I don’t remember that behavior before.

OK, well hopefully all good. The redownloading thing was changed a few patches ago. I think to speed up install, they made all aircraft etc optional to download apart from 2 I think.

ok so a reboot made me have to reinstall the whole sim

2 Likes

I ran into this issue as well. I just clicked join and now i’m reinstalling

Relink the launcher with your install folder when asking for location!