Discussion: October 15th, 2020 Development Update

This week’s development update has been released:

Use this thread to discuss the development update.

9 Likes

Replay is at prototype stage and night lighting is getting a touch up. Pretty sweet.

I still stand in solidarity with my any key.

12 Likes

Hey guys, I just downloaded the Tivat airport from MSFS in game marketplace. I had to uninstall due to some issues and now I cannot redownload it? Any ideas? thanks a lot

Very exited for night terrain to be looked at. Unfortunately during night flights I am staring at a sea of orange mesh.

4 Likes

In my opinion, I find it sad that things like “remove the press any key” get prioritised (and there are similar things in the backlog)… when the 787 remains unflyable and completely loses elevator authority at 155 knots and below, while AoA is at 4-5 degrees.
But that’s just me. I still love the sim and the efforts you are putting. :heart:

12 Likes

787 is very flyable, it may not be perfect yet but always able to fly long haul, AP works well and mod improves it

5 Likes

Perhaps you will get your wish with the sim updates, it seems that should be at around mid December.

1 Like

AND AGAIN… THIS STARTING TO BE …
WHERE IS LIVE WEATHER ISSUES TOPIC - OVER 318 VOTES !!!
Asobo team …
if this is what your communication with us should look like, that you choose what you like … thank you very much

2 Likes

A beta version being released so people can test it will be so helpful in tracking down bugs before the patch release. The only downside is that it starts with Update 9. Too bad it can’t start earlier.

4 Likes

How are screen shots chosen for the updates? Every update has the same people submitting them and in every update the same people are featured more than once. Yet they say they are “from the community.”

What is the process for submitting a screenshot for the updates?

2 Likes

Always glad to hear about SDK updates, that’s the way to go.

7 Likes

I feel sorry to whoever is responsible for assigning development priorities for products that platforms/services. You can never please everyone, and there are so many things to consider.

If I were to guess why the ‘Press any Key’ wishlist item has become a feature on their todo list, it would be because they already have it removed on internal builds, and after seeing it as a highly requested change they wanted to roll it out quickly.

p.s Has the pitch authority issue on the 787 been fixed at low speed? It makes it very hard to land.

2 Likes

Hi @arcolegrove, take a look at this thread for more info. Just remember the 4 rules listed at the top, as there are a lot of photos that don’t adhere to the requirements.

2 Likes

Agreed.
Nah hasn’t been fixed, tested it after the last update. You need to be at 155kts to flare, but then you float because it is too fast for the GW at landing.

3 Likes

Why don’t you just move the scenery from the OneStore folder?
<MSFS_INSTALL_LOCATION>\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

Beta test before release, G1000/3000, pitch oscillation … all with update 9, so in 5 months? What about Lightning&Thunder, the desolate content management, download loops, everything that currently really prevents people from playing or makes their experience worse? None of that in the snapshots. Is Asobo really just working off the few points? When I see what is just (partially) fixed in Update 5, I can only shake my head. What “dreamlike” priorities. Asobo randomly selects something without priority from the wish list.

3 Likes

I have started landing with flaps 17 or so, just so it doesn’t balloon up off into the ether again. 156kts, can flare, its a special kind of machine.

1 Like

Something that is never clear to me, does “NEXT UPDATE – 10.22” mean that we will get a BIG update, another text dev update, or patch/hotfix update on the 22nd?

It means the next news item. They use the word Patch for software updates.

3 Likes