Discussion: October 1st, 2020 Development Update

This week’s development update has been released:

Use this thread to discuss the development update.

3 Likes

This week no feedback snapshot?

I believe there was a top Wishlist, and bugs and issues snapshot in the developer Q and A yesterday.

2 Likes

uhm no statement or a actual state of the ctds n stuff exept a not really linked video from the Q&A?

1 Like

The Q&A is right there on their YouTube channel. :roll_eyes:

yea but ist not directly linked in the blog as it could be for easyer acess

What they did in this update about the issues ?

they decided that you go to google and watch out for the dev Q&A on youtube

Guys most of the stuff was covered in Q&A yesterday

3 Likes

Here’s the link to the full Q and A:

4 Likes

Will the development roadmap be updated to reflect any changes to upcoming milestones?

1 Like

Pretty pointless development update. They should have included a summary of the Q & A mentioned above.

1 Like

You can find a summary here: Live Developer Q&A is starting now. Feel free to discuss here

I plan on adding the answers to the various questions that got asked in the #community:developer-q-a-questions section. Unfortunately, I have had a busy few day so it will likely wait until Monday.

2 Likes

How do you join the insider program? I would like to test VR functionality, and I’ve joined Xbox insider but any links to join the MSFS insider just redirects me to the home page. Thanks

Try logging in using private browsing ,/ incognito mode.

Such an incredible talent to fill a post and say nothing. I wish they could communicate what are they fixing in the next release or what are they trying to fix.

3 Likes

How is this a dev update?

It says: It’s been busy and we released Japan. Here’s a list of all the other comms we’ve sent out this week.

Where is the update on development that the title alludes to?

2 Likes

IMO this dev update is a bit of a joke.

ik stuff is busy rn to fix things but linking people to a Q&A Video is not really everyone want and expect i was hoping that the blogs gives some kind of clearence in stuff like all these CTDs and and maybe a statement from that.

2 Likes

Folks, relax… they are working on fixing things…we are a couple months in. All you complaining about the sim doesn’t help. I am filing zen desks and using this forum to update on bugs. We gotta be patient. And I get the frustration, I was flying along today and crashed to desktop randomly. Anger towards the team doesn’t help, focus on telling them the problems repeatedly.