Discussion: October 8th, 2020 Development Update

Thank you for the increase in transparency…I think this is really helpful.

Now a bit of speculation:
In one of the last updates, it was said that the grainy reflections will be fixed with DirectX12. Today, it was said that the grainy reflection are fixed in Update 5. Now DirectX12 is coming alongside XBox launch…so my conclusion is that DirectX12 is at least planned for Update 5!

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Noticed that too. Unless they’ve found another workaround to fix it prior to DX12 jump.

This is definitely something that is being discussed/worked on heavily. After the question was asked on the live dev Q&A we are very much working on pre-release testing for the community. While we are still working out all the kinks of it, I’m excited about the future implementation!

17 Likes

Think of any large developer with large titles and think about their way of communicating (if at all).
Not to mention the customer base here is probably by far the toughest throughout the industry.

60 people have 89 different opinions and 684 different priority orders.
Good luck with managing communication without decimating your staff on that.
Kinda makes me understand why several big names within the Flight Simulator community never really “talk” much.

Asobo chose to create the next-gen flight simulator, not because it was easy, but because it was hard.

23 Likes

Once again. Many thanks in advance for the next update. Keep up your excellent work.

12 Likes

Your opinion is certainly welcome and I can see why you feel that way! The voting system is fairly new but your points are valid. I’d love to investigate this further to see how we can help some of those requests that might be new surface to the top.

13 Likes

what else is going to break in the process of fixing the other bugs?

5 Likes

Anyone else concerned with how little they’re focusing on fixing high priority bugs? The number of “NEW” bugs introduced since last snapshot is more than they can fix in 2-3 updates. And what happened to update 6 and 7?

We’re talking a 200 person company, probably mostly in Development since publisher probably handles a lot of the marketing and other work… and they have 5 high priority bugs fixed in update 4. There’s another 5 high priority bugs for update 5. It’s concerning half of these are still “To Be Investigated” when there’s community members releasing fixes within 3 days.

I can see why Alpha/Beta participants have been hinting at these fixes come slowly or not at all. Please Asobo, bugs are bleeding the community, small paper cuts at a time. A little higher urgency would be nice.

edit: I have to also give props for the extra information and the continued effort to increase detail in these communications.

16 Likes

Are the ATC related crashes being fixed too?

I mean this one:

Crash when ATC delegated to the Co-Pilot

2 Likes

We hear you and thank you for sharing.

6 Likes

Thank you Developers

6 Likes

Try to stop Nahimic service first. Maybe it helps.

“new” just means that it’s the first time on the list. Probably it’s an issue that has gotten popularity. Doesn’t mean it was just discovered.

I like the dev update, especially compared to last week’s one.
Let’s not forget that the fixed issues only contain the ones actually highly voted. It doesn’t mean they did not fix/update anything else. They collect feedback/issues from other platforms as well and have Zendesk in parallell which all of that is not explicitly listed here.

Looking forward to the patch since currently I lost faith in having a trouble less flight. Hope with the patch we’ll have a stable experience.

1 Like

Thanks @Jummivana Jayne, appreciate the reply. FYI, I posted what I believe to be a logic way to break down testing in this thread:

IMO if you could assign (many) small groups of testers something that can be tested in an hour or so of their time, you could do base level testing very quickly. For example, there seems to be lots of problems with autopilot (which I never use…but then again I fly for fun not for transportation). So assign two or three people for every airplane - their only job during each patch candidate is just to fly through a couple of scenarios and see if the AP is working properly.

Just an idea, trying to figure out how we can help you better test patches before release.

Thanks!
Scott

6 Likes

I’m going to miss that press any key

4 Likes

If I’m reading that bug list correctly, the most voted on problem (the game-breaking autopilot and g1000 / g3000 issues) that make certain planes UN-FLYABLE aren’t supposed to be fixed for four more updates as they haven’t even STARTED to look into it…

That can’t be right. Please tell me I’m reading that wrong.

16 Likes

and a consistent one

1 Like

I like the update too, and you’re right about NEW and the fact it’s only the highly voted bugs. However, all my points still stand that this is much slower progress on bug fixes than many of us have hoped for. There’s almost half of the top list still not even triaged.

3 Likes

Thank you Microsoft and Asobo for this transparency, I am amazed how do you guys come up with such a list although software development is always been a moving target. Big kudos!
Please ignore some negative users and I guarantee 100%, what ever you guys will do, they will just continue to complain and say “shame on you Asobo!!”. The best just ignore them and continue with your mission bringing us the truly next gen sim :blush:

17 Likes

The added transparency is good. I have been an ardent supporter, defending devs for a promising future.

However, I am becoming concerned about the substance of these patches. I hate to compare but I have to bring up last patch notes for CK3. Literally 4 or 5 pages of fixes (I get it, diff genre ect, substance is what I mean here) We get what 5?

I understand development but perhaps a feature freeze is in order to get the bugs under control? At this rate bugs are going to overrun and only fixing a few at a time is a bit worrying.

Hope the full patch notes prove me wrong.

4 Likes