Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 9 (1.25.7.0)

Give this a shot, remove all WUs and leave photogrammetry on. If you can remove just the WUs Photogrammetry data, all of them, this would be better. This would be very similar to the PC fix. But do leave photogrammetry on in the options

Update to SU9 and first flight went smooth for me. Noticeably faster startup time.

PC with no add ons except Reno

1 Like

I donā€™t know about any of the others, but Iā€™m located in Denver.

Hey all. So, Iā€™ve been testing MSFS SU9 for a few hours and have terrible studders that appeared just with SU9. Iā€™ve logged numerous short flight clips with CapFrameEx which records fps average, 1% and 0.1% with plots to show spikes in frame times that cause studdering. Between 5%-8% of all frames are at less than 8 fps in both busy cities and rural areas and my average fps is down 5-10 fps as well due to the large number of extremely low frames. Iā€™ve done this in VR and 2D with same awful slideshow results. Iā€™ve turned off photogrammetry and run stock empty community folder and no live traffic, no live weather, no ai trafficā€¦Cessna 172 and Kodiak. None of those things made a difference. Running i9 12900k, 3090, Aero, 64gb ram. During all of these tests I watched the cpu cores and GPU and it was just like in SU8 where 99% GPU usage and less than 10% cpu usage on all cores. So I think itā€™s something deep in the SU9 that is causing studdering regardless of plane, location, live data, 2D or VR, itā€™s all the same slideshow. And it was butter smooth before SU9. My next step will be a complete delete and reinstall of all 150gb this weekend when I have time. Ugh. Iā€™ve done a complete reinstall once a while back and it solved things so perhaps Iā€™ll get lucky again. No CTDs like some are reporting but itā€™s nauseating to have the studders and at first I thought it was my Aero losing tracking but the testing in 2D and data from capframeex proved itā€™s the high number of frames that have very high frame times. Will report back in a few days if I get it sorted.

4 Likes

Ever since the missing cache menu/missing delete button in content manager issue appeared with SU 8, I can no longer delete world updates separately. It now only allows me to delete everything (base sim, deluxe and premium upgrades, and world updates) together at once, and I can only reinstall them as one giant installation. Itā€™s like all of the first party components of the sim are now welded together and cannot be separated.

Thank you for this post. I habe the exact same issue with the same results regarding 1% and 0.1%

1 Like

on PC Steam Version - CTD on return to Main Menu after flight completion -

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.7.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: m426a425a8af03fee_0.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6269724e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000acd0
Faulting process id: 0x5df4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d85b63700c4eba
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: m426a425a8af03fee_0.dll
Report Id: e9daa7e8-2e59-4c26-a6d7-4ec2e23350f8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Currently done verifying and redownloading the packages to test again

1 Like

Oh man, itā€™s WU3 all over again, stutterfest. flew tonight in a major centerā€¦ kept decreasing TLOD, nope. Was my first non rural flight. Horrible. 414a Chancellor. Was a night flight, major flickering. Felt like I was flying in a rave

4 Likes

Knock on wood I have not experienced any of the horrrors reported following SU8 and SU9. The update process went quickly and smoothly and I find the performance as good or better than it had been before the update. I particularly like the realistic up/downdrafts when flying the C172 G1000 , and the Just Flight Piper aircraft.
I am enjoying stutter free performance with the FBW A320 experimental version on my very modest pc build that predates MSFS 2020.
What I do not understand is why there have been so.many varied experiences with this sim and each of its updates. Why are these issues not picked up and resolved in beta testing. Were there no problems on Xbox in beta?
How can the developers conduct a live Q&A stream the day after a such a troublesome update and not mention a word about it?

2 Likes

Ah I thought this was familiar. I totally agree. It seems like WU3 all over again.

2 Likes

Like the BOX, not all are affected. But that was the one WU3, I went off the rails. Oh I didā€¦ was a micro forum monster.

2 Likes

Last time we got a HF in a matter of 2 weeks if I remember correctly. So i am still somewhat positive that Asobo will fix it soon.

3 Likes

That one did come, and it did fix itā€¦ there was a lot of help though, threads that showedā€¦ well, not hotspots, more like coldspots. where you could replicate super low performance with anyone

I have the same issue with the canopy. Additionally my HUD and MFDs wonā€™t power up! Just to confirm this issue is only with the warrior mod. The main FA18 has this new bug where I canā€™t steer it on ground any more :frowning:

1 Like

ground steering = Read the patch notes, use search. itā€™s not a bugā€¦

Nose Wheel Steering

They were picked up by several of us, reported, warned, even to the point of recommending to delay the xbox release. No response or course alteration from Asobo came about from this, so they still havenā€™t got the hang of this beta testing thing. This was avoidable pain for much of the xbox userbase.

eg. See https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ctd-and-performance-issues-xbsx/511248/9

2 Likes

Had to end task after this awful updateā€¦screenshot says it allā€¦what a joke!

1 Like

I use a Thrustmaster HOTAS X. All settings set to real/hard. Was able to steer all aircraft as usual with differential braking. Tried starting up the sim today, this update got downloaded and then couldnā€™t even turn out of the apron. Then spawned on runway and tried a takeoff. On takeoff roll speeds ~ 80 - 120 KIAS on applying rudder aircraft had slight directional control but I guess thats aerodynamic and nothing to do with wheel brakes. Will appreciate any helpā€¦

1 Like

Did you restart msfs after update, or just start flying?

Delete the rolling cache and reset it also.

1 Like

@MAZUM611

Nose Wheel Steering F18