Discussion + Poll: Sim Update IV (1.16.2.0)

I don’t know yet what the install size will be after this update, but it should remain at ~120GB with all the default Premium Deluxe content.

I’m happy to see such detailed and numerous updates, but sadly, no mention of overall sim performance improvements. I hope that can be a focus soon.

8 Likes

Just a 5.75 GB update on steam for me, no other marketplace update I can find. Does that sound about right?

Haven’t tried the new version yet but wanted to let you know right away about the CTD issue when leaving VR, I’m not so sure it’s related to OpenXR as you suggest. At least not to the 106 version specifically.

I’m already on the official runtime version 105 and have been for a long time and I still have these intermittent CTDs when switching from VR->2D. I really hope you’ll be able to eventually track this issue down and as I already said in my direct communication with you via email, do let me know if I can help you in any way by sending you log files or whatever.

1 Like

Performance improvement is a gradual and tedious thing that will take some time. A dev can’t simply say: “oh yes, with this update, all your performance worries will vanish”. This product being so complicated and user hardware configuration varying almost infinitely, it’s gonna be a gradual process, step by step. Other flight simulation products did and still do follow this very same process for the last few decades and they are still not done.

19 Likes

Only 4,37 GB for me. First good news - I will get to fly today.

Correct - no marketplace update for this as it isn’t a world update but a sim update. Thanks!

2 Likes

There are a lot of updates in the content manager, though (30 for me)

1 Like

but 30 updates in content manager!
At least for me!

1 Like

for me also, all planes

Am I correct in interpreting that Asobo basically made the game half the size, down to 83 GB?

If so, that alone would almost be worth the update imo…

40 for me, 30 Aviators club and 10 103 Solo.

1 Like

First thing after the update, I’ll take a look if the sim is still GPU limited. I don’t wanna see GPU 100 percent and CPU 15 in use, anymore.

2 Likes

Very disappointed as I expected this update to adress ATC bugs. Not about phraseo, no I mean, you know, catching ILS GS at 12000ft is a thing. Requesting pilot to descend 6000ft where MEA is 9000ft (with mountains to battle with).
What’s the point in updating phraseo if we don’t use ATC anymore ?

15 Likes

Still no update here on the US East Coast.

I’m in us east coast…the update was in the MS Store at 11 am est.

Still no update here in Mallorca balearic Islands

1 Like

That’s disappointing however you can work around it by switching to LOC mode to follow the ILS in without backtracking the GPS

? The base package is still ~79GB.

I run Store version. Started up MSFS, it goes to the store for 1GB download… 45MbpS, my usual speed when wired up… looks ok. Back in the game it does 5.75GB, first 23/148 are very small (no visible progress), so far so good :slight_smile: one remark… it would be nice if Store does not allow 2x “Play”. When you click “Play” nothing seems to happen… then you click the game and I get “game is already running” :rabbit: