Discussion + Poll: Sim Update V (1.18.13.0)

Anybody noticed this one?

ok, perfomance is great, i have zero issue with LOD, stuff popping into view, or ground resolution, probably iā€™m just ignorant enough.

But: i have officially had CDTs in any phase of the sim by now (zero CTDs pre-SU5).
On top: often control inputs not recognised or with huge latency.
And: trim axis reversed for C152 (maybe other AC too)

Somehow this SU5 has only been halfway done.

oh I know shadows are, Ive also noticed, clouds dont cast shadows on clouds or the ground anymore like they did in the past. unless you really fill the sky, then the ground overall will get darker.

2 Likes

If you were using a VFR chart before and then after to navigate your way around you can definitely tell that something is up. One of the reasons I absolutely love MSFS is because of how invaluable real VFR charts can be but this seems to have diminished. What good is a VFR chart really if you donā€™t have good scenery and itā€™s features unless youā€™re almost right smack on top of what youā€™re looking for?

3 Likes

I started a vote in wishlist topic asking for the world map in the flight planner be used as the VFR map in game. Go over and vote please should be an easy fix for them to implement this change and the flight planner map is so much better.

In previous versions of FS you could zoom out thousands of miles with detail, you could turn off the textures and make the display more wire frame like (for those late night session that you dont want to get blinded by the glare).

As is stands right now the VFR map in this game is pretty much uselessā€¦

To limit your GPU workload while the SIM is updating.

1 Like

OK, so this is just a temp measure while updating is occurring?

Lot of good stuff in this update!

• No issues with the update, albeit it was slow.

• Performance is greatly improved, I tried to fly over London and it was a much nicer experience now, even with my older 1080 card.

• World map is much greater, really nice improvement!

• Loading times are also improved!

No crashes for me so far, but I understand itā€™s frustrating for those who experience them. They have good crash data at hands and have always prioritized those issues, so best to do is to create a ticket and provide as much information as possible.

1 Like

Thanks for posting. That illustrates it very well. I really hope this isnā€™t a concession to X-Box system limitations and we will be stuck with this ā€œfeatureā€ moving forwardā€¦

1 Like

Yes, although I keep VSYNC on through Nividia control panel to match my monitor @ 60hz.

1 Like

As long as the sim keeps CTD-ing, I couldnā€™t care less about graphics.
Funny enought I prefer being able to fly at all to everything looking extra nice.
Had zero CTDs before SU5, now Iā€™m not able to finish a single flight, let alone starting a second one.

2 Likes

@PliantWings5288, I have the Thrustmaster TCA as well. To get ENG 1 Master switch working, try this:
In control menu, DELETE this bindings:

• ā€œToggle Engine 2 Fuel Valveā€ - Set to Joystick Button 4
  • ā€œToggle Engine 1 Fuel Valveā€ - Set to Joystick Button 3
    I also had to rebind the other ENG 1 settings before the Master switch worked correct.
  • I also agree with you, the blue/yellow highlight of the knobs and buttons its crazy disturbing.
  • And as you mentioned, the basic Mode Selector Panel knobs does not interact with the a32nx on my PC. Turning the HDG knob has no effect, the aircraft just moves in one direction.
    But the visuals is now much more fluent, no stutter, very nice

Has anyone heared something official regarding a first Hotfix after SU5?

1 Like

just silence. :smiley:

1 Like

Silence seems to be the MO of Asobo.

2 Likes
  • I also agree with you, the blue/yellow highlight of the knobs and buttons its crazy disturbing.

Open option menu ā€œAccessibilityā€ and change option 3 from ā€œLockā€ to ā€œLagecyā€.
With Sim Update V this option was changed form Lagecy to Lock, swich it back and the blue high lights are gone.

Yes! The list of various messes is long.

When you find yourself in a hole, the FIRST thing you need to do is stop digging.

2 Likes

Well this is something at least, buried at the bottom of a post about bad behaviour. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/policy-on-name-calling-harassment-and-threats

2 Likes

Wasnt the last ā€˜hotfixā€™ we got on a Friday night right before everyone went home for the night/weekend?

I kid you not this is fully maxed out aside from resolution scale at 100 on a 1440p monitorā€¦