Discussion + Poll: Sim Update V (1.18.13.0)

Has anyone else had a faulty G1000 since SU5? I can’t do a lot things I used to be able to such as pan the flight plan on the map, it will zoom ok but not traverse. A flight plan entered from LNM or the MSFS world does not transfer to the G1000 map correctly and the whole G1000 seems slow and ready to lock up anytime.

I use the latest dev version and have no issues at all, no CTDs at least and all flyable. just did a night flight from KATL to KJFK with no problems (except that fuel load is not imported from Simbrief using the MCDs ATSU menu). If anything fails you may want to complete delete your FBW installation and download all again since the installer only updates increments and you may have something odd on your HDD/SDD

When using the installer from FlyByWire Simulations you have to first uninstall the A32NX version that can be directly installed in MSFS 2020.
The Installer from FlyByWire Simulations installs the aircraft in the community folder.

Hi Carlos,

I think we read the same Orbx Forum suggestion by Nick Cooper, one of the administrators.([useful tip] Microsoft Flight Simulator update 27th July 2021 - Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Forum - Orbx Community and Support Forums)

1. Delete any rolling cache.

2. Delete the Content.xml file.

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

1. Delete the simulator .dat files

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes*.dat)

1. Do not add anything to the Community folder

I did all that. I believe my MSFS had a CTD, then I used Nick Cooper’s suggestion. I have removed the file contents that were in the Community folder ( (:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages\Community)

After my CTD incident, I reinstalled MSFS via Microsoft Store so I also have the Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe link

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages

Question: Could there be clash between BOXED VERSION (\MSFSPackages\Community) and MICROSOFT STORE (\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe) going on here?

Thanks!
Nigel

1 Like

Anyone else noticed some stutters on approach at leg 3 from the french bushtrip?

Thanks.How do I delete completely the fbw installation. From within msfs (profile, content manager)? I read there the message " A32NX by fbw simulations not installed, download unavailable, a cumunity copy aleady exist). Or from Windows explorer in de Community folder (flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo)? Or another way? Installing was easy, done with Flybywire Installer.

Thanks.How do I delete completely the fbw installation. From within msfs (profile, content manager)? I read there the message " A32NX by fbw simulations not installed, download unavailable, a cumunity copy aleady exist). Or from Windows explorer in de Community folder (flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo)? Or another way? Installing was easy, done with Flybywire Installer

What i read is that the installation is correct, there no 2 copy’s.
You only have the A32NX installed in the community folder.
So that’s oké.

Are the bindings to the Crank/Norm/start Knob available in the settings menu?
For the throttle settings, you have to calibrate it in the calibratons menu on the laptop on the left side of the cockpit.

This really can’t be the intention of an upgrade
it’s just flying in squares now while my GPU is boiling and my CPU is not doing anything like my ram

All on Ultra

System: Ryzen 9 3900X,RTX 2070 ,32GBVeng,Asro X570 PHANTOM GAMING 4 , Windows 10 Pro 64bits

really hope soon as it was before the update comes back again

You CPU shows nothing like the preview video of SU5 we were shown. You have 4 cores doing a little bit, and the rest doing nothing at all.

1 Like

while my GPU is almost asking for a tropical grid
this was previously around 80% before the Update
Flying in game ( low grafix movie )

1 Like

Medium its the new ultra yeeee

2 Likes

ok i need help i just deleted everything to start over I finally got the MS store to respond and it downloaded the first couple gigs to start the app. now when i start the app it redirects me to the MS store and says there’s a mandatory update. but I’ve been trying to find this update for 3 days and can not get it to appear. ive done every form of store reset i can find every update for every last thing on my computer but still nothing the update refuses to show up.

As painful as it is - this sim update has at least put me off from playing. There’s an incredibly amount of popping in of textures and objects when flying over NYC (my area of residence) ; and it’s hard to understand that this could have passed QA.

1. This means that using smaller propeller planes is frankly just not as enjoyable as it should be (that said - I’m also the type of person that notices video encoding errors in a Superbowl stream; the current behavior is as noticeable as broken B/P frames in a GOP, so a bit like https://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9711&d=1478965440&thumb=1)

2. The air temperature issues (which I don’t fully understand why you would touch in a engine update?) are a super nuisance. There’s no way to plan for a meaningful airliner flight… Period. Everything is messed up if you do say a 3h flight from KPHX to KSFO.

3. I’m extremely surprised that there’s continuous breakage of API’s and contracts - this from the company that has perfected the art of building API contracts, and which in essence are breaking mods (which we pay good money for). I’m not sure what the root cause may be, but to me it seems that one could assume that:
    3a) Asobo are not used to building public API’s and the responsibility that goes along with that (unlike what the Windows / .NET team does)
    3b) Compromises where made for Xbox Series launch ; which obviously sucks for those of us that have literally spend thousands of $ on a PC / VR etc, to mentally escape a global pandemic - and use MSFS as our get-away. It feels like a broken promise with the current behavior; but that said I understand the desire to reach a new market - if just we had been told in advance and could ask for refunds.

To me 3a is the most interesting, as it seems there’s definitely opportunity for people to learn about versioning, API’s and how to build stable interfaces.

4 Likes

I saw the exact same thing flying over Cyprus this morning!

1 Like

Throttle working fine now, and also the crank/start switch. For updating the fbw version do I have to delete the old version and install the newer version or is updating via the fbw installer enough. Thanks.Where can I find a pilot manual for the an32nx for msfs and a help for the pilot tablet.

Alway updating via the installer, then you don’t need to delete the old version.
When using de development version there is 1 to 3 times a week a new update.

There is still no manual because of the development state of the aircraft.
There are a few instruction video’s on Youtube that can help you.

Anyone notice that the Weight and Balance seems to reset to defaults all on its own after using the “Customization” section?

I exited out of FSUIPC, have no mods loaded, and it seems to keep auto resetting. Submitted bug report.

Also, not being able to tab between fields is annoying. And when entering values now, keyboard skips over the second zero. So trying to enter 1234, would result in 10234. Submitted bug report.

1 Like

I really don’t know Nigel
I’m sorry I was not helpful