Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VIII (1.23.12.0)

Seems like a fair number of people, like me, are doing the complete reinstall of the sim which is ~180GB for premium deluxe version to try and clear up CTDs, studders, FPS drops, game freezes when exiting a flight and trying to get to main menu…basically instability issues of various kinds along with FPS drops after a while. I have done a complete reinstall and will report back, it’s the first one I have ever had to try. 'Will try with default planes first and then slowly add in the Kodiak and then maybe a Got Gravel Vertigo or bush plane to try and see what works and isolate if it’s those few add-ons or the base sim itself. Hard to tell if these issues are more or less prevalent than in earlier Sim Updates without the data to prove it, but it’s frustrating for sure for many including me. V7 was perfect for me, so no CTDs at all in VR, no studders, lots of mods in use, etc, etc. and now it’s back to totally basic setup and many instability issues. I have no hardware changes between SU7 and SU8 and am running an i9 12900k, 3090, 64gb ram. Will keep testing and report back.

3 Likes

Thanks for that. :+1:

As of SU8 and only for a few (myself included), toggling developer mode on and off at the start of each flight prevents the takeoff and landing stutters that appeared in version 1.23.12.0 and allows for smooth flying.
Is there any logical explanation for this ?
Or is it just black magic?

Definetly not a FSUIPC issue. Same without running FSUIPC.
Tried the dev mode tip. No difference. With stock or addon airport. No difference. I suspect the windows (ATC, VFR map, etc.)

anyone else received an update today, i just lounched the game and received a small update

4 Likes

Restart your sim, seems that a hotfix is available

Hello
use msf on xbox s upgraded to Su8 with microsoft controller, mouse and keyboard
When I fly to Europe, with vfr or ifr flight plans, the runways lights are off and only the approach and taxi lights work
I don’t know if it happens to you too
thank you

hotfix about the spinner white circle?

Nope, just navdata.

1 Like

Yep, just got one too

Well, I am in. Bit of a faff with the update, a few reboots in between main and content update and all looks good here. On first shakedown flight now and the only thing I have noticed is that the sound differential between external and internal has been seemingly removed.

Slight update. Got a CTD and on restart got a small 16mb nav update. Back in the air now and it seems really good so far.

Had something very odd happen, never seen this one before. I bought the Staggerwing and took it for a 1 hour flight. That went without a hitch. Flight is over, shut aircraft down, no problem. Back to main menu… My PC restarts, no BSOD, just restarts. Load up ORBX central to look for updates this morning. ORBX Central can’t find a simulator, ooooooh goodie. It did sort itself out. I loaded up MSFS, got the small update. Closed it again and ORBX central sees the sim again… whew!!!

Yes a small Navda

I’m on Xbox series X and have not CTD yet. It’s actually been extremely smooth flying. I even took a chance a downloaded the Fly Tampa Las Vegas DLC and did it from world map. It’s stunning by the way, great value for all you get.

Do you have DLC content installed? Which airport and plane did you use.

It might also be your Xbox tv settings as others have noticed as well. Try 60hz if not already set.

After about 3 freezes, it worked once. Not sure if it will work again. As mentioned sometimes it works, but most of the time it freezes once “FLY” is pressed. Hoping the issue is solved soon.

You guys have Gaist installed? Remove it, I then had no issue. But I still don’t understand why it sometimes work still. :thinking:

1 Like

Anybody know if there’s a Live Dev update today on Twitch? - can’t see any announcements. Last weeks Dev update said March 2nd at 18:30z

Can someone offer some advice on what may be causing my frames to drop to single digits whenever I’m near an airport? This happened as a result of the recent update. I have tried toggling developer mode on and off and clearing the log, as some users have suggested, but it didn’t work.

(post deleted by author)

I’m also getting some strange cloud-loading issues occasionally.