Discussion + Poll: World Update IX: Italy (1.25.9.0)

Is there any solution in sight, or has been announced by Asobo, regarding all the tree and mesh problems in Italy since WU9? As well as the Global tree problem? (I still have a jungle in big Cities like New York, LA, Miami etc.

2 Likes

I realized after reading all the comments about trees sizes that, even in Paris, trees are taller then most of the buildings, which obviously isn’t the case in real life.
So it’s not just the Italy update but the entire tree generation that is messed up.

1 Like

Large trees is a feature not a bug. There’s limits to how accurately the sim can represent the real world on current tech and one limit is that there are far too many trees in reality for MSFS to simulate. As a result Asobo chose to make the trees larger so they can draw less of them and have it still look acceptable from the air. It’ll never look right from the ground.

I don’t see this as something that is going to be changed or fixed globally, it’s a limitation we all need to live with. On the other hand, specific areas where the large trees are too numerous such that it makes cities look like forests are broken and can be fixed by Asobo reducing the number or size of trees in those areas.

2 Likes

Don’t confuse large with tall. I totally understand that there are only fully grown, large trees with wide reaching branches spanning out from the stem to achieve what you wrote, but this should not affect how TALL those trees are, which is the main issue.

1 Like

If the trees were 3 times wider than normal but no taller it would probably look even more strange than if they are 3 times bigger in all directions.

2 Likes

Yes, they said this 14 days ago:

But I didn’t notice any difference :thinking:
Always forests cities.

1 Like

me too today I fly in Rome all the forest over the city, they didn’t really fixed with the server

2 Likes

there isn’t any change with there server update… hopefully they still work on a solution.
and before, I didn’t have the problem in other parts of the world, but aber SU /WU9 its worldwide :frowning:

Have we confirmed that the Italy WU has not degraded the previous PG cities yet? I’ve been holding off on installing this one, specifically because so many cities in Italy were already “really good” and didn’t want to downgrade them.

This is not our stadium in Bologna!!!

Actual:

Apparently in the sim they already finished the work of the proposed new stadium…

Funny.
We can fly 6 years ahead in the future. :rofl:

3 Likes

Possibly even in a parallel universe!

Hi Pieter2427,
It’s been 25 days since you wrote this and since then, I have just stopped flying and investigating CTD’s to play other games/sims. Now, a new and ‘much needed’ update has been rolled out. Since this event, I have been able to use ‘any and all’ of my Orbx products in my Community folder, but not even one add-on in there before this update worked without a CTD when loading a flight, or shortly after panning around the aircraft.

I am back to city to city IFR flights and using all payware. The liveries on Orbx are still causing CTD’s so just bought one of FSMarket and that works fine.

I have a purpose built Republic of Gamers i9 RTX 3080 rig and this simulator has never let me down like it has recently. So I respectfully reject your ‘99 out of 100’ users theory.

Blue Sky’s

Pieter was wrong. Most MSFS2020 CTD are caused by the sim itself, as evidenced by the number of people getting regular CTD with the vanilla sim on xbox which is a controlled platform. It’s buggy and Asobo needs to fix it.

Which doesn’t mean there are not other hardware etc related causes, but it’s clear the sim itself is the major cause.

1 Like

Also evidenced by the change notes for an update often saying things like “Source of crash to desktop fixed……”

In fact, WU10 had one of these, despite it not being a SU.

If it were just peoples instances of MSFS, Asobo wouldn’t be finding issues with things like the map screen, or issue when the sim goes offline, and fixing them.

1 Like

That is fine. I know the numbers helping people on the forum and discord every single day since alpha. You can reject it, but your n=1 experience doesn’t make it invalid.

Point in case.

Helping players that can’t find the ‘any-key’ will always be needed, but you need to listen to to those that are equal too, or much more experienced than yourself mate.
And on that note, I’m out of this thread.

Blue Sky’s and watch out for the lawn darts.

Deleted, Wrong thread

I’m not saying the sim is without its problems. That’s why it isn’t 100% percent of the times a user’s fault.

We do solve a lot of complex issues which can take a huge amount of finding out and questioning the user. In the end it’s almost always a weird hardware config or old mod.

They do indeed find ctd causes, but that often is caused in combination with other software (like certain virus scanners or other tools) which are then accounted for.

But, in general the sim is very stable and the majority of millions of players are happily flying. Then there’s a part of the player base with problems. From this part, the vast majority is a system configuration of mod related issue. There’s only a very small amount of people who are experiencing CTDs because of an actual software bug. I’m not saying it never happens. I’m saying it’s rare.

That has nothing to do with dismissing certain people’s voices.

3 Likes