Discussion + Poll: World Update IX: Italy (1.25.9.0)

Mate, that happens all over the world where they stitch together different satellite pics.

5 Likes

https://www.google.com/search?q=us+fields+from+the+air&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjtmtayr_33AhXvgM4BHaS_CegQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=us+fields+from+the+air&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzoECAAQQzoGCAAQHhAHOgQIABAeOgYIABAeEAhQ4AdYnyZgiydoBHAAeACAAUKIAbYHkgECMTiYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ABAQ&sclient=img&ei=242PYq3BKu-Bur4PpP-mwA4&bih=929&biw=1920#imgrc=XFb-66k3-ZbzHM

https://res.cloudinary.com/fleetnation/image/private/c_fit,w_1120/g_south,l_text:style_gothic2:Ā©%20Sam%20Friedrich,o_20,y_10/g_center,l_watermark4,o_25,y_50/v1438903238/r1qhlcg86wmyne5hq5wc.jpg

Okay, sure these are man made fields, and its obvious that image of yours is not a man-made structure, but an artifact of satellite photography, but you would be surprised at what happens in nature sometimes.

9 Likes

That tree is great. It point blank refuses to face towards, what I guess is the direction of some fairly hefty winds.

4 Likes

Meanwhile no news about LIRN elevation

1 Like

the type of vegetation in Puglia and the landclasses should be corrected ā€¦

1 Like

I was late to the game here - but I was stuck on the splash screen. Tried reboots, and repair. I finally copied my activities folder and restored. It took a long time, but after that performance has been normal. For me, this has been the most trouble I have had with an update.

1 Like

Indeed, flying over Austria on the weekend, The picture goes through the middle of a buildingā€¦

The ā€œcut lineā€ is aligned to the starboard wingtipā€¦ You can see a blue roof in the industrial estateā€¦ Two photos, obviously taken on different dates, didnā€™t spoil my flight though :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Is there any solution in sight, or has been announced by Asobo, regarding all the tree and mesh problems in Italy since WU9? As well as the Global tree problem? (I still have a jungle in big Cities like New York, LA, Miami etc.

2 Likes

I realized after reading all the comments about trees sizes that, even in Paris, trees are taller then most of the buildings, which obviously isnā€™t the case in real life.
So itā€™s not just the Italy update but the entire tree generation that is messed up.

1 Like

Large trees is a feature not a bug. Thereā€™s limits to how accurately the sim can represent the real world on current tech and one limit is that there are far too many trees in reality for MSFS to simulate. As a result Asobo chose to make the trees larger so they can draw less of them and have it still look acceptable from the air. Itā€™ll never look right from the ground.

I donā€™t see this as something that is going to be changed or fixed globally, itā€™s a limitation we all need to live with. On the other hand, specific areas where the large trees are too numerous such that it makes cities look like forests are broken and can be fixed by Asobo reducing the number or size of trees in those areas.

2 Likes

Donā€™t confuse large with tall. I totally understand that there are only fully grown, large trees with wide reaching branches spanning out from the stem to achieve what you wrote, but this should not affect how TALL those trees are, which is the main issue.

1 Like

If the trees were 3 times wider than normal but no taller it would probably look even more strange than if they are 3 times bigger in all directions.

2 Likes

Yes, they said this 14 days ago:

But I didnā€™t notice any difference :thinking:
Always forests cities.

1 Like

me too today I fly in Rome all the forest over the city, they didnā€™t really fixed with the server

2 Likes

there isnā€™t any change with there server updateā€¦ hopefully they still work on a solution.
and before, I didnā€™t have the problem in other parts of the world, but aber SU /WU9 its worldwide :frowning:

Have we confirmed that the Italy WU has not degraded the previous PG cities yet? Iā€™ve been holding off on installing this one, specifically because so many cities in Italy were already ā€œreally goodā€ and didnā€™t want to downgrade them.

This is not our stadium in Bologna!!!

Actual:

Apparently in the sim they already finished the work of the proposed new stadiumā€¦

Funny.
We can fly 6 years ahead in the future. :rofl:

3 Likes

Possibly even in a parallel universe!