Discussion + Poll: World Update IX: Italy (1.25.9.0)

Why do you run dx12 which is in experimental phase?

Can anyone confirm or deny whether the WU9 is safe to install at this point? Thanks.

It makes no new performance differences if that is what you are asking.

1 Like

Thanks. Yesterday, people couldnā€™t even get the game to boot. Has that been corrected on the server side?

If you are playing via cloud gaming, they pushed a fix for that apparently.

OK. Looks like Iā€™ll be waiting another while before installing.

What is the purpose of this post, Iā€™m genuinely asking. you canā€™t get performance back? back from what or where? How is anybody supposed to help you with such a generic statement? Reading through this thread is an exercise in futility trying to garner even a modicum of useful information about MSFS. Like folks taking a screen cap of photogrammetry from 1m away at ground level stating ā€œit doesnā€™t look realisticā€. Of course it doesnā€™t and itā€™s not supposed to look realistic from that range.

Is it safe, yes itā€™s safeā€¦ itā€™s an update for a video game, not a wild animal in your garden.

4 Likes

Wow! :roll_eyes: Triggeredā€¦

2 Likes

Wellā€¦
ā€˜Performancesā€™ means in general, my system has no issue nor the game.
we lost peformances by at least 20% and thats what many of us want back.

Donā€™t need more than what i said but if you do you can always click on my profile and see previous posts.

Yeah, cracked my up :laughing:

1 Like

For all you lumberjacks out there:

:wink:

4 Likes

The dramatics arenā€™t appreciated, or needed. There are legit issues for Xbox users and WU9. It has caused Xbox to CTD on startup. The CMs have announced a coming fix is in the works and are recommending cloud gaming in the interim.

That is why it is being asked, ā€œis it safeā€, because there has been some sort of server-side fix, but it is not clear if it is safe to install on Xbox after this fix.

7 Likes

Hereā€™s another/a (whichever side youā€™re on) positive WU9 thing - splash screen on startup! Thanks Asobo. :+1:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t noticed any difference?

I just had my first crash in so long. After reading about the trees fix I tried spawning on the ramp at Milano airport.

I didnā€™t even see the airport appear, it crashed as soon as the scene loaded. Iā€™m just going to retry now.

EDIT: Second load worked.

1 Like

Just to mention the very obvious: did you clear your (rolling) cache in order to force new data streaming from the servers?

1 Like

Flightsim.to is one of the main sites for MFS mods, but unfortunately it is intended for PC users only. Iā€™m just one of the many freeware developers adding stuff into there! :wink:

3 Likes

Good to hear but not every time, give it a couple of days, mine does not show anymore.

So, as far as tree sizes are concerned.

Some of these trees are taller than a 10 story building. Possible? Sure, I guess.

That said, it does look rather good from the air.

2 Likes

You cleared cache? Thought so.

-eelis-