Discussion + Poll: World Update VII (1.22.2.0)

Hi thx. I always remove all from the Com. folder, so must be something else.
The path to the decompressing is also the Official folder - but thats a std. files folder right, so I shouldent touch it.
\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages

I know the majority is still on pc, but can I just take the time to say how smooth and beautiful it is now on xbox. This feels really nice now. :relieved:

Kinda strange that there are so few custom landmarks in Canberra, some buildings like the Parliament House are quite unique and would look nice as a custom landmarks. Sure, there’s the photogrammetry but it is not always looks good with huge trees sticking around.

Think I solved it - removed the file fs-base-0.1.212.fspat and it started to download again - so hopefully I can be a happy man and continue my multitasking at homeoffice :wink:

Uh… has anyone else noticed this Australian flag (specifically: the flag of New South Wales - thanks, @anon78924413) in the water, just below the Sidney Harbour Bridge (next to the Opera House)?

The flag is even animated - a hidden Easter egg of some kind? A sunken pirate boat perhaps, and the crew having been eaten by drop bears? :slight_smile:

Never mind the A320 (which is actually an F-35) following me under the bridge just behind me :wink:

UPDATE: Ah, all good: after a few rounds the flag has been properly placed on top of the Sidney Harbour Bridge:

And yesss: you can fly under the Sidney Harbour Bridge :slight_smile:

1 Like

Techincally this is an “Australian” flag- but it is flag of the New South Wales not the flag of Australia

1 Like

Flown around Melbourne for a while, from a distance it looks good, but at lower alts and close up it’s a mess on my machine, roads look like they didn’t survive a heavy bombardment, “floating rocks” everywhere and many objects look, well… judge for yourself!

That must have been a vicious attack by drop bears!

1 Like

Do you by any chance uses Bijan’s Season pack with season masks enabled?

Ah, I now see what you mean :wink:

Well, that must be “The Two Towers” from Lord of the Rings then… oh wait, no: that was in New Zealand :wink:

Nice! What FPS do you get around FlyTampa YSSY and what are your specs?

Yes, I have noticed problems around Sydney too. At the main international airport there is a broken road bridge on one of the approaches which looks quite bad. You picture instantly make me think of Hastings and Main Street, (city east-side) in Vancouver Canada in real-life! That’s sad…
Charles.

Tout baigne !!

1 Like

You can report your missing airport in this thread:

Tout baigne !! → Everything’s fine !!

Here in Australia we say either no worries mate or she’ll be right.

2 Likes

Hey all, I updated to the Australia Scenery, restart sim, it’s on my splash screen when loading but it’s not there ingame, not in uninstalled content either, vanished. Anyone have a idea? Cheers.

You have to get the WU7 from the Marketplace for Free. Yeah another download.

1 Like

Yeah it’s not in there. Downloaded and updated everything, no Australia, but as I said the Australia splash screen comes up when loaded msfs

Same here. All the other world updates are in my “installed” list but no World update VII. The only “Not installed” item i have is the GTN750 addon that has always been there.

No mention of Australia anywhere .

same here…