Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

HAHA! Hilarious.

ATIS reporting wrong data, ATC using wrong runways. Also refer to the bugs&issues thread that is third-highest voted and stated as ā€œSim Update 3ā€ with ongoing improvements while this update basically did not touch any of the issues stated there.

6 Likes

2 thing I noticed:

1. I installed update and loaded to main menu. Closed program and re-loaded MFS again, and it ran the updateā€¦ a second time. After that, seems to be fine and loads right to main menu when starting the sim.

2. Wind socks point wrong direction opposite the wind. Ex. Wind at KEYW was 040 at 20kts. but the wind sock at KEYW shows wind 220 at 20 kts.

1 Like

That were the FSX liveries. They did not install initially but it has been fixed now, thus the second portion of updates.

2 Likes

Sorry, but my live time is limited :wink:

1 Like

Greatā€¦now the option FLY is greyed out !!! WTH ?

1 Like

For some reason the TBM is now flying at a 20 degree angle when AP is engaged.

Hmm interesting. I was under the impression that they were introducing prop wash and drag in this update, but it seems to be otherwise. Oh well. Im glad they at least addressed the G58 to a degree. Ive been really wanting to fly that thing more but the bugs just put me off quite a bit. Glad to see its been tweaked with!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not the issue being raised. They said they had a lot of improvements coming to the Garmin and explicitly said in the next sim update. To peopleā€™s points above, not sure what those improvements are as theyā€™re not listed in patch notes.

All mods related to airplanes and avionics are all disabled.

Why is noone mentioning the new landing challenge!

1 Like

Updated to 1.14.5.0 successfully, than tried to start a flight ā†’ CTD. After restart another ā€œupdateā€ and now im back on 1.13.17.0. Removed content of community folder, but after several restarts I remain on 1.13.17.0.

And thatā€™s not allā€¦ This update should be about garmin avionics update and they are not even close to the working title g1000 and g3000ā€¦

4 Likes

FSX liveries are a nice addition

Contrails arenā€™t bad, but not amazing neither, just passable after months of developing. Shame that not AI or MP have them

The rest of thingsā€¦ I have to keep testing.

Okay, I just downloaded the last update. Started a prepping for aflight and it just closed itself. ? Restartd the Sim, Back to my Niagara to Kitchener/Waterloo flight in Grand Caravan, touched down and woosh black screen,Sim closed itself down! I only had a few items in the Community folder mainly UK airports (although they did say other stuff might cause issues) and will see if that was the problem - I hope so or has the update created more issues than those resolved

1 Like

Does it always dissipate after a short distance? Was hoping it would use the same tech behind the clouds allowing it to persist and drift with the wind. That would be awesome.

5 Likes

I started the sim, it updated to 1.14. Restarted the sim and it updated back to 1.13. then I got the same as you, greyed out fly button. Went back to MS store updated there. Restart the sim. Now Iā€™m currently updating to 1.14 again. Hopefully this will fix the fly button greyed out.

1 Like

It is the issue being raised. By Miron who I was specifically responding to.

ā€œWasnā€™t this supposed to be the ā€œG1000/G3000ā€ update where Jorg said they changed their mind about the Garmin approach and would implement it correctly?ā€

I can confirm this fixed the greyed out fly button issue.

2 Likes

This was to be the release where the G1000 was to be brought upto date. Surely weā€™re not going to be left with the old cartoon G1000? We NEED a proper G1000 !!

1 Like