Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

Also no problems here. Running like a charm.
P.s. I’m also on 457.30
Just a thought, could it be Asobo’s servers are smoking with us all updating at the same time? I noticed an increase in bandwidth when I downloaded the update.

1 Like

When I started msfs 2020 today, and it installed (1.13.17.0) which I already had. Now when I select an airport, it gets about 3/4 loaded, then CTD. Just ends. So I don’t know what’s going on. It was working yesterday, and it doesn’t even try to install (1.14.5.0).

Did you go to the Microsoft Store to get the first update? It was about 1G?

LOD and photogrammetry issues were addressed in the March 4th Development Update. These were not scheduled for Sim Update 3. There was a fix in this update for “weather”. Whoever submitted the Zendesk ticket should validate that their issue is resolved.

Big problem CTD’s switching to VR, but figured out a different sequence of my addons.
Boot from 3:50 down to 2:30, flights load bit faster, heavies fly better, Beech Baron way better, Longitude better, VR smoother,

this is great (after some painful hours).

2 Likes

Say with us.

Your input is appreciated.

1 Like

After the latest update,No way to select weather,it turned grey out both in planning and tool bar of flying !

Or VNAV working at all

2 Likes

Anyone having fps/stutter issues using Windows 10 v2004? I am on v2004 and don’t see any fps issues so far. Nvidia driver 460.89

I kinda thought that everyone on W10 was on 2004. If they aren’t…wow they are behind times. I am on 2004 and have terrible performance. On NV 457.30. My performance was awesome until the update.

Weird. I do have 100 gb of rolling cache and 800 down Ethernet. Wonder if that’s the difference maker for me anyway

:rofl: I’m guessing it doesn’t do that in real life

Update downloaded fine, sim starts fine, 2 out of 3, already a mostly positive update! I’ll find out if everything still works later.

Wish I could say the same. I’m going on 9 hours now trying to update. Keeps restarting the download of “pc-fs-base-bigfiles-0.1.128.fspackage”.

I have a 360Mbps Service and all I could get from Asobo was 20-80 Mbps. Could their Servers be overloaded?

Dude the fauna slider is for the amount of animals you want to see.
Just like traffic.

Hmmmm. Do you think it may be the game itself?

question for all the veteran flight simmers. when MSFS 2020 was announced, and Asobo was announced as the developing company, what were you thoughts? This is my first venture into flight simming that is why I am asking. thanks

I have a 360Mbps Service and all I could get from Asobo was 20-80 Mbps. Could their Servers be overloaded?

Possibly. Yet another annoying consequence of their decision to force mandatory updates.

This really sucks being grounded.

LOD is definitely a lot highter for me now - and fps with the Spitfire (and its simple cockpit) went UP 5 fps.
Extremely good update in this aspect for me.

On the other hand:
FPS went down significantly at Frankfurt Airport (EDDF) and generally slightly for A320NX and TBM940. Possible cause: The higher LOD.
Other airports (Heathrow, KLAX, New York Kennedy) are fine.

Just been running my benchmark scenario in the Pitts and it’s pretty much the same as before the update on a Ryzen/Radeon rig (5600X / 6800XT). At all ultra at 1440p, both my main thread and GPU are running at 100%, my card is sitting on 61C on a custom fan curve and a super cool case. On my preferred settings with a few things on high instead of ultra, I’m getting 80fps plus as usual, over my home town, which is photogrammetry. No rolling cache and I was even running my VPN by mistake.

So, no detuning of graphics here, on Radeon cards at least.