Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

Almost 1000 replays in this topic in 2nd day after release patch means there is some serious issues with a game. When we can expect same statement from Devs about FPS drops. Hotfix really needed asap

3 Likes

You know that writing here take less than 10 seconds?

I updated fine this morning no problems on that part, The only issue i have now is the A320 does not follow my flight plan as soon as i activate AP

1 Like

Iā€™ve had that similar issue yesterday during a testflight in the g1000 cessna 172 flying around KSFO at 2000ft.

Am I the only one who has absolutely no issue with this update?
Update downloaded an installed fine, runs stable, no CTDs, no FPS drop, if anything a slight increase in FPS inside glass cockpits.

10 Likes

Its all runing fine for me apart from the prob i stated above

I did have the stuttering that others have reported, where FPS is greatly impacted. They seemed to suggest that it was okay for a bit, then bad, then recovered.

I found it was more like the location was affected, where one side of an airport seemed stuttery, and the other did not. And not a busy airport, but a small UK airbase.

3 Likes

same for me! perfect update!

2 Likes

Same, mine has started doing circles around the departure airport and then just seems to go and do whatever it wants.

What is this -

• Load and Save Flight using the FlowFlightManager.

What is FlowFlightManager?

No issues for me also ā€¦

I think you are suffering from a severe bout of ā€˜lowered expectation syndromeā€™ brought about by the unfathomably slow response from Asobo. The glass cockpits need to function properly, itā€™s a cornerstone that the whole thing stands on! Why should they not function correctly? The modding community seems to be able to address the issues, why not the developer? Fewer FSX liveries and more functionality for the Garmins please. Itā€™s like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

10 Likes

Great sentence :rofl: And agree!

I was using the in Sim flight planing Iv since tested it out using SimBrief then inporting that so far seems to be fine mate

Thanks for the info pal. In all honesty though itā€™s the shocking state of the Garmins across the board that frustrates, so many things either arenā€™t modelled, donā€™t work or indeed cause them to simply lock up! It wasnā€™t ready to release and it frustrates the pants off me when they seem to be tinkering with non-essential or lesser issues when massive-great-hulking-gamebreaking issues remain unaddressed.

1 Like

Yep, they created huge expectations with respect to the Garmins and delivered only some minor improvements that are far away from the expectations they created. I still enjoy the sim hugely, but for a large part due to the modders creating beautiful stuff.

2 Likes

I suspect the following entry will be changed to ā€œOngoing Improvementsā€ in the next dev. blog:

Which would be accurate, as there is still work to be done.

I think one of the problems is that some users keep their graphics settings static, then an update comes along, and things in the background are tweaked or details/LOD are increased by Asobo, but people get annoyed when they have to admit that they have to move their settings down a notch as a result, but donā€™t want to as they say it was working fine before. The sim is so dynamic that many things come into the equation, and during a sim update, this delicate equation is changed/tweaked - a fine balancing act.

This sim is incredibly intensive and unlike other games, the very nature and the way flight sims work, mean they have to mainly run on one core with limited multi-core use (whereas normal games are more optimised for multi-core use). If that one core has to work harder for something else that has changed since an update, it has an overall impact on the sim as a result and lower FPS/stuttering. Yes, you can get fluid 60FPS with DCS, but it doesnā€™t have the overall CPU process complexity of running MSFS 2020 with full live scenery streaming and all the other background calculationsā€¦

I donā€™t think CPUs are there yet to meet the demand of this sim at its full potential ā€“ they will be though. Also is this sim optimised as much as it can be, I think the answer is clearly noā€¦

That being said, I do think Asobo needs to seriously up their game on how they develop this sim ā€“ we can clearly see in this forum how many issues we are having across many themes. Itā€™s not good. Really not good enough.

Update process issues for some users, so forced to reinstall. Poor testing before release with bugs that should be seen and fixed before releases (flap hotfix). No option to defer updates instead forced upon us. No option to trial updates in open beta mode. Poor communication. Bugs which should have been fixed way back in August like basic Autopilot & Garmin issues which are paramount to a stable functional sim that people have paid good money for. It is incredibly frustrating. Its almost like a part time job trying to keep this sim functioning and remembering to track the progress of all the mods and which versions do what vs the sim version. 60% of your time tweaking 40% of your time flying ā€“ reminds me of FSXā€¦

I guess it comes down to this, would you prefer to have waited another year or two with no sim at all or happy to have the sim since August but having to deal with all these bugs and issues? The sim should have been released as a beta sim back in August rather than the advertising it had.

As much as it has been a pain to me and everyone here, I know I have still enjoyed many hours so far flying and look forward to many more!

7 Likes
1 Like

Itā€™s clearly an Early Access title in the Steam world but sold as a Complete Sim, thatā€™s where the issue lies with a lot of people. They expected it to be much better than this so when these problems do occur and age old bugs (Horizon line for example) still not fixed even when they were there pre-release it sends a lot of doubt into the users minds.

Asobos record since release hasnā€™t been great, patch releases have been poor, comminution terrible at times and the priority of which to fix bugs is seemingly grasped at from mid air (Iā€™ve said it before Iā€™ll say it again, the voting system for bugs priority is atrocious).

But on the flip side as ā€œweakā€ as this update is in the actual number of bugs fixed it has gone some way forward, they are heading in the right direction albeit very slowly.

So in conclusion Iā€™m treating this title like what it is to me, thatā€™s an Early Access Sim with Development continuing into the future.

4 Likes