Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

Precisely. Open the beta that theyve been talking about for ages or at least prioritize it more than they currently are. QA issues have been a thing since the dawn of time with this sim so it’s not like this is something completely new.

In a perfect world I’d say autoenroll anyone who supplies a product to the marketplace into the prerelease testing so they have the ability to update their products BEFORE the update goes live. Then sync the live update with the marketplace updating so products on the marketplace dont have to wait weeks after the sim updates for the plane updates to go live. Being able to directly buy products from the marketplace is a fantastic idea that needs update support behind it. I would love to buy directly from the store and not elsewhere. Until they figure out a way to allow marketplace items to be refreshed and updated in a timely manner, I can’t think of a reason I would ever not just buy from the 3rd party dev site.

4 Likes

it use the default window s mixed reality portal. It is set to native resolution for the headset.

the problem is the cockpit dialogue window is pinned straight in front of your face so you can’t even see it all properly, and the mouse does not interact at all. Only keyboard presses do… .if my desired atc option happens to be in view

Ah ok.

That’s not good. Was it displaying properly prior to sim update?

yes, no problems at all. the default distance was much further, I could move it to any spot int he cockpit. There were zero issues

Yes I noticed the video was split up into recent improvements and future improvements. It wasn’t clear however if those recent improvements were released to the end user already or pending for sim update 3. But it is ear now…

Thanks Asobo and Microsoft for another update. You guys are making strides in aviation history. The sim update works and I can’t wait to see what you release next.

2 Likes

“Most annoying for me personally, the dreaded return of lightning in clear skies, oh boy, I wish I could disable the effect until it’s resolved.”

No, not really, did they?

I admit I have no idea about programming but I just dont understand how they always manage to re-introduce errors that have already been resolved. Is it like “oh, we deleted that part in the code, I think I will just put it in again!” or what?

2 Likes

The lightning in mostly clear skies bug was never fixed. They just band-aided it by reducing the prevalence of lightning, but you could always still find places where tiny puffball clouds were shooting bolts out into sunny blue skies.

We’ve been doing a bushflight from panama and making our way down to southern peru. It’s been lightning every single time.

I am sorry to say I am not impressed with this update. It could be because of communications before the patch that promised a slew of Garmin improvements that didnt make it into the patch, and the fact that it wasnt mentioned in the notes.

It’s ok if you need more time, but this is an example of poor communication. Either you shouldn’t have mentioned the garmins (which would be a shame), or you would make it clear in the patch notes that it didnt make it in, but will be released in next update or something along those lines.

I think many people were expecting more from this patch. There was a long list of changes, but they were not substantial. 3 lines dedicated to the vs knob in different airplanes ie…
At the top of the list it said it fixed several CTD issues. I normally dont have CTD, but low and behold yesterday I had a strange CTD without any warning. My sim just dissapeared in a split second without any precursor.

4 Likes

What if you had paid $20? Would you do it then?

1 Like

No, But I found that only happens if you activate the approach before you have reached reach the glide slope…

1 Like

My tuppence worth.

No issues updating at all here. Did my usual start the sim > redirected to store for the mandatory update > once updated click play in the store > sim starts > downloaded about 9.5Gb

Read in here that there was a potential issue with the FSX liveries and so I restarted the sim, but no additional updates (looks like issues of the liveries being included was fixed before I updated).

Went to content manager, and 30 updates required for the aviator liveries - ticked all those and they downloaded and installed in a couple of minutes.

Shut down sim and rebooted pc. Restarted sim, all looks good.

For those having CTDs, I think definitely worth checking you’ve got all the updates installed properly.

Update has had no impact on FPS that I can see (but I don’t chase it so have turned off the FPS counter - you should try it, it is quite liberating!)

All the fixes seem fine to me. I use the Alpha and Bravo honeycomb mapped through FSUIPC - all seems good. Flying is smooth, no CTDs. A good long list of much needed general fixes.

Only issue for me is that the update is underwhelming on the garmin G1000/G3000 front. I was expecting an overhaul a bit like the Working Title mods.

My speculation (and it is nothing more than that) is that the hinted “surprise” in the Q&A tonight is that they will announce integration of the WT mods into the base sim. That’s the only explanation I can come up with that makes any sense. But it is total speculation on my part.

4 Likes

This update 1.14.5.0 has broken my sim, after a long 8 hour day of flying yesterday.
I wake-up to date to the 1.14.5.0 update, think nothing of it, remove my community folder, hit update and all is well…
Until I restart the Sim that is… Upon restart, Flight Plan details will not populate in the world map, so I can’t set-up any flights.
Then I use one of my saved flight plans, press ‘Fly Now’; and immediately the Sim Crashes to Desktop…

Thanks for that Microsoft/Asobo, now how long is my sim going to be out of action due to this…?
Bugs Reported, sorrows not managed.

3 Likes

Did you get the additional 1Gb from the store?

This issue UI freeze in Content Manager is not new, I did notice it already after the last UK upgrade 1.13.16.0
But here with those 30 livery packages to upgrade, it is really painful

There’s a thread with a vote button here
Could please add your vote if you are impacted:
Content Manager Freezes - Bugs & Issues / Miscellaneous - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

And I open a Zendesk ticket, as it is 100% reproducible on my end

This sim update have broken the most essential mod for MSFS : the vegetation draw distance fix!

This mod was making the trees draw distance acceptable and actually barely noticeable in MSFS at almost no fps cost, now we are back to this ridiculous low draw distance, even in ultra!
This is the worse flaw in MSFS, I really hope this can soon be fixed, or that ASOBO let the moders knows how to fix it.
At this moment, I don’t even understand why the developpers are letting this in this state!
Please can you stop to make forced update? We should be able to chose as each update break things one could prefer not to…

11 Likes

You’re lucky. I had 11Mb/s on a 50Mb/s, took hours.

What’s on your list of broken things?

3 Likes
2 Likes