Sim Update 3 has broken the most essential : mod Vegetation Draw Distance Fix! Please fix that!

This mod was making the trees draw distance acceptable and actually barely noticeable in MSFS at almost no fps cost, now we are back to this ridiculous low draw distance, even in ultra!
This is the worse flaw in MSFS, I really hope this can soon be fixed, or that Asobo let the moders knows how to fix it. At this moment, I don’t even understand why the developpers are letting this in this state!

7 Likes

The flightsim.to version got updated:

The author says Asobo made undocumented changes to the tree drawing distance. When will Asobo acknowledge this?

4 Likes

Would the Fauna slider in the menu have anything to do with this? It’s clearly not labelled correctly in the UI so unsure if it actually does anything.

no link with fauna, this is vegetation draw distance issue…
Would be great if ASOBO could fix this indeed, this issue is really one that went untouched since the release…And actually went worse through the different updates…

Best to do would be to contact the mod dev to ask him for an update against MSFS 1.14.5.0

1 Like

He did, but apparently, the vegetation popping in the distance remains, and actually, the goal of this post would be more to catch ASOBO attention on the fact this shouldn’t be fixed by a mod, but durably fixed by ASOBO in an update! This is a serious issue, I still can’t believe they have let this untouched since many months while a modder was able to find a fix with almost no fps cost…Means this is not that hard to fix it…

1 Like

Worst is, Asobo doubled down on changing the draw distance again instead of fixing it.

1 Like

ahaha yes my bad was getting Fauna confused with Flora!

1 Like

Did you try the latest update 3.0 of this mod?
It is dated today

Just another wonderful example that shows Asobo probably has not a single clue about what is going on with tree LOD in their very own sim. Ridiculous, nothing more to say…

1 Like

Yes I’ve tried it, unfortunately, it doesn’t work like it worked before…Trees seems to display a lot less farther, and actually, this new update seem to have introduced not only an issue with trees, but it also seems that the ortho texture definition is decreasing in quality a lot faster in the distance than it did…For example, I now have at liverpool airport, completely blurred texture that looks more like color patches just right in the other side of the river, wich in real distance would make maximum 2km!

4 Likes

It is flagged as “under investigation” in the bug list, so they did not release anything yet about this

well, it must be "under investigation " since 6 months…I think we have to be loud about this, or we can expect it to remains like that for many months again before we get a begining of a fix…

4 Likes

Which Trees_Distance_Draw_Fix did you use?
Terrain_LOD is still set to 200?

Seems a hard limit was introduced to the max tree drawing distance, any trees outside this limit pop out noticeably. Not even the latest version of the mod can fix it completely.

2 Likes

UPDATE: MSFS Update 1.14.5.0 also known as Sim Update 3 has made an undocumented change by limiting the trees draw distance. Due to this, the Trees Draw Distance Fix is not available at this time.

https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2021/03/10/trees-draw-distance-fix/

Do we know if it did increase or decrease ?

The patch changed something in the vegetation.bgl, as far as i would say (subject oppinion) the tree distance was degraded again with default. The flightsim.to version is just a compromise of tree popping and distance ring, but is not sufficient for me.

We just need sliders for trees and buildings like in P3D/FSX!!!

1 Like

Well done, Asobo. They have no clue why their tree draw distance is so low, a community mod fixes it and all they are capable of is breaking this mod with an update. No further comment needed…

3 Likes

I can confirm this has not effected the “4 season pack” mod. LOD tree distance still works in it.