Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

Trees popup in the distance is back with this update. Before you see trees very far away now only in 300m. It this a downgrade?

I haven’t had any problems getting updates ever. I just flew around Ogden Utah and it seems for me that performance has improved. Frame rates seemed very smooth, no stutters and no flashes in VR.

One thing I noticed is a lack of traffic both in the air and on the ground. I checked my traffic settings and everything was on. So I don’t know why there is no traffic.

Not for me. Clouds look great

Yes. As you described it.

Strange how each update effects people differently. UK update got me with others are experiencing now, low fps, pauses, CTD’s. Uninstalled did fresh install fix it for me. This update no problems. Possibly bad download or corrupt file on servers?

The clouds look great to me too. As I said, I only see the graininess when I zoom all the way in and the sun affects the graininess at a certain angle by casting shadows. I can live with that because 99.99% of the time I don’t see the “problem”. Apart from that, when it was really bad for everyone, it didn’t bother me before either.

Yes, sorry - I replied to your earlier post ebfore I had read through to your later one.

1 Like

Why is Asobo awful? They played a very conservative game this time. They gave a long list of minor changes. Up to now I see no need for a hotfix. The OBS is a nice goodie.
I hope that Asobo have learned enough about their own “mode of operation” that they finally know their strong and weak areas. In the strong areas double check is enough before deployment. In the weak areas you need triple or quadrupel check. As a pro you only play (very) conservative in your weak areas.

1 Like

I’d defnitely recommend everyone to watch the dev Q&A from tonight - lots of really interesting and informative stuff

2 Likes

Just thought I would post in here and let everyone know that I was able to fix my problems that I was having with the Boeing 747 - 8.

Got the seat to working correctly and was able to figure out how to fly the plane without forgetting to turn on the VNAV and LNAV. I just have to remember to turn on the autopilot before or right after I turn on the Lnav and Vnav. :flushed:

I will give some advice to those who like to add fuel and passenger and freight weight in the plane that whole thing with the centering of the weight be sure that little black circle is right in the middle and also to the thing that simulates the wear and tear, I don’t suggest that you mess with that, unless you really know what you are doing
 otherwise you will crash.

Otherwise, everything works fine
except for the fact that the stock plane does not like to gain altitude when the air traffic control tells it to, as I have noticed and I still am leery about landing the plane, because it doesn’t descend the like it’s supposed to and air traffic control tells it to and then you have to do-it-yourself which is kind of scary.

If asabo studios would fix that everything else would be fine.

Well I bit the bullet and downloaded update, loaded MSFS 2020, only started on stand at ORBX EGNM, live weatherr, like I have said not a FPS chaser as long as it smooth.(I know I have been told in the past I need to see an eye doctor not distinguishing difference in FPS, but that is a different thread and argument, wont go there), noticed it was stutters and my GPU utilised 55% normally 97%. So I decided to roll back my nvidia driver to 457.30, also not overclocked my cpu or GPU, previously it was before update
some how it was smooth as anything. This is why I dont understand computers (what I know you could write on back of a postage stamp), I even put my render scale down to 90 monitored my FPS and it went down :man_shrugging: whats that about. Long story short FPS remained above 30 on a short flight from egnm to egcc both payware.
Ryzen 3950x
Nvida 2080 TI
64mb 3200
I just dont understand
All settings on ULTRA, but I dont understand my FPS was 20s when my system was overclocked and latest nvidia drive.
BTW this is my own personal experience not asking anyone to change their setup on system
I just find it weird
think I will stay in my day job not a computer expert.
Edit: was flying FBW A32NX custom

I hate renaming my community folder each time there is an update otherwise it crashes. They should figure out a way to avoid that and to allow backward compatibility with each update. Now I will have to go one by one with each addon I had. A massive waste of time

Well after an hour of downloading and installing, I can say my performance is noticeably worse. 2/3 landings after the update had major frame drops on final in a C172. Same airport in a Longitude the other day had no problem.

And this is with a 5900X and 3080. Will have to troubleshoot it when I have more time.

Use the MSFS Addon Linker and you can turn off all your add-ons with one click without any renaming.

2 Likes

This is it, it just does not make any sense with your rig it should absolutely be smooth,

However without looking at FPS was your flight smooth still?

2 Likes

Much appreciated. Could you post a link for downloading it. Thanks

Dont worry. Found it. Thanks

Not sure what’s happening here, the installation of the last update in two steps, the few MODs I have corrupted after the update, but most important now and for the first time it seems my computer is struggling to run the software. I was flying from San Diego to Los Angeles and the fan started to spin at high-speed making a lot of noise. It’s a brand new computer, never happened before running everything on ULTRA
what’s going on here? How it is possible each time there is an update there are so many new bugs added? The night before the update everything was running smoothly, now a mess. I don’t think I will continue to play, I’m really annoyed, I’m not a tester

I think you are suffering from a lack-of-patience syndrome, seeing that after today’s Q&A they hired Working Title to help them fix Garmin. So no, my expectations are not low.

1 Like