Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

If we are having this kind of performance issues whats it going to be like when we introduce a demanding aircraft like the aerosoft crj I will be waiting for an improvement before i buy the crj.

1 Like

That is a sad reality and perfectly reasonable.

1 Like

Somehow my liverie Testpilot cessna 172 classic is not visible anymore after the update. :face_with_monocle:
Uninstall and reinstall the plane and all the liveries in the contentmanager didnt change anything. The other planes are good and the testpilot liverie are there.
The liverie is in the onestore and looks complete, but not visible in de select window…
Very Strange, Anyone else with this problem?

Yes it is. But Asobo needs one year to slow development speed down enough that they can give a two weeks ahead (pre release) in front of the “the masses” deployment. And next problem: The pre release is not only the client side of the system, but the server side, too. Asobo has hopefully an internal “small system” for development. They have to duplicate this “small system” to a “3rd party pre release system”. Then they have a three steps roll-out: From the internal to the pre release to the public. This costs money and slows down the deployment! Some Asobo or Microsoft bean counter will prevent the “do it right” approach.
But thank you for this exchange of ideas. And yes, I work in such an environment. And no, we do not produce flight sims.

1 Like

Are you sure? Does this mean 30 instead of 3000 flamingos, 1 instead of 7 elephants? I am asking this because to my knowledge these and a few others are the only animals in the sim. I would love to see regional fauna on the slopes of the mountains, and in the fresh meadows like deer, birds, maybe the silhouette of fish. But I do think that flight model, avionics and ATC comes first :crazy_face: So, what exactly does this mystery slider actually do? Or is this a slip from the future?

It seems they gave the land contrails instead of the aircraft :crazy_face:. And are those blobs the effect of the new fauna slider? Maybe some amoeba flying in the air? Great shot!

It looks like the pixelated clouds are back?
Does anyone still have the problem after the update?

Dear greetings from who would like to contribute to the improvement of the sim, but is not heard by the developers.

1 Like

Most annoying for me personally is the decrease in Lod distance, there is no visual difference between 100 or 200, not in performance either, Asobo seems to have implemented a hard limit on how far the trees are being rendered, the game looks awful right now.

5 Likes

I have to chuckle to keep my sanity, as this latest update deleted my MSFS folder on it’s own!!! I kid you not!

I hadn’t played for 2-3 days so just now when launching, I was prompted to update MSFS. But the update failed and I received error code and I could not get the download to resume.

So I restarted my computer, and saw a faded exclamation point/mark inside a triangle inside my Xbox desktop screen. I tried again to resume downloading, but nothing happened - just an error code.

As I was about to navigate back to write down the error code, the exclamation mark and triangle just disappeared. And I now didn’t see the icon to launch MSFS!

Guess what, I don’t. have MSFS installed any longer as somehow, the update deleted my entire folder that was once here: C:\Users\frank\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Lovely…

So now I am being prompted to install Flight Sim again… all 1.77 @%#&@%!%# TB’s worth.

:man_facepalming:

As I understand it, Asobo has gone back to an older version of the clouds to get around the problem of Glowing Aircraft and Objects. Of course, this results in grainy clouds again.

Release Notes (1.14.5.0) Sim Update III

WORLD

• Fix outline against clouds and object in game introduced in the previous update
1 Like

I think you understood wrong.

They fixed the issue introduced with the last patch. There was no mention of ‘revering back’.

Also, my clouds are still looking great.

Just did my first flight today after the update. Tried the Baron G58 without any mods. No problems to report here. Clouds looked excellent. Sim was smooth with no stuttering. Autopilot behaved very well. Noticed the ability to track up and turn off synthetic vision was added to default Garmin.

2 Likes

I am dreading coming home after 14 hour shift downloading the update…just have to see what happens :pensive:

I am only reproducing what I had read somewhere here in the forum. According to this, Asobo has said on the subject of “grainy clouds” that the problem can only be completely remedied with DX12. Until then, some of the changes they made will be undone. So the problem is not fixed, they are just back to an earlier version. But I can’t find the post anymore.

Some changes does not mean all changes :slight_smile: Of course they had to revert some of it, due to the outline issue.

Anyways, for me the clouds still look great. If they had reverted completely, I would have seen the same grainy clouds I had before WU3.

2 Likes

Who really knows. I was giving my best guess.
Maybe we’ll only get 1/2 of an elephant. (would be odd) :rofl:

It was painless for me… here’s what I did:

1. Press the Windows Key + R to bring up the Run dialog box
  2. Type WSReset.exe into the box
  3. Clear Community folder
  4. Go to the Microsoft Store and download all updates (I got an XBox update too.) *

*If the screens “hangs” at either installing or downloading for more than fifteen or twenty minutes (mine did) just Control-Alt-Delete out and restart your machine.

1. Check that the Microsoft Store shows 1.14.5.0 - mine did
  2. Start Flight Sim and update when requested - my download was just under 10 Gigs… your mileage may vary…

As mentioned, it was the easiest update I’ve done so far… good luck!

Cheers doing it now, just hope it continues to run smoothly…I am not a FPS chaser but a lot of Guys have had real probs by the sound of it…even top spec PC, I totally understand their pain

1 Like

I think you are right. Asobo didn’t roll the clouds back. When you zoom in, some of the clouds are still a bit grainy, but that was much worse otherwise. Without zooming in, I don’t notice any graininess in the cockpit, no matter how the sun is.

2 Likes

Please explain to me how I spend $100 dollars on buying this sim, having a great but not perfect experience before this update.

I was able to enjoy nice 40-55 fps and acceptable smooth sim before this terrible update.

How is it that my GPU is almost doing absolutely nothing while running this sim.

Please explain this ■■■■ to me.

2 Likes