Discussion: Update #4 (1.9.5.0)

LOL so it was you that edited my file, while flying yesterday, one of my ATC contacts kept telling me the vector to my next waypoint was ONE TREE FIVE… TREE really I was no where near New England! ;p

1 Like

Msfs has already somehow taken up over 500GB of my drive with minimal use of caching.

No thanks. If anything I think I’ll be uninstalling soon and circling back to it in 6 months when they finally admit their installer had all sorts of problems including gobbling up space the sim isn’t even using.

Yeah just checked your area and you’re right, that does not look normal and sucks. TBF I just checked my hometowns area (northern Germany) after the patch plus those on my world tour (currently central and eastern Africa, where other building types are used). In my area I’d say less than 0.1% of the buildings are heavily missplaced - all of them are logistics parks, barns, silos and remote food/drug stores. Most of them are decipted as Office/Living Buildings. But almost none of them are excessively high. Tought the issue would be fixed then, as all of them are just autogen buildings, same as in your area. :confused:.

Yah the patching process is just a shame, bought the Steam version as Steam offers the best speed and stability on my end when it comes to installing/patching. But now we have to download three different pieces of the game every patch (Core files, base game files, official dlc files) from three different sources. I even had to reduce my GPUs powerlimit, as it is maxed out during the patching process…

As usual, I didn’t have any problems, not even after that.
Well, it wasn’t all fixed, but there is still another day.
And let’s be honest, the whining here is enormous. Well, in terms of price, the Sim is not exactly a VW Polo, more like a Mercedes if you have bought a Deluxe and still everyone expects a Maybach for the price of a Mercedes.

Think of it as buying a cheap share, the longer you keep it and the more profitable the sim becomes. :thinking:

1 Like

whats the point of using this sim if you just make the co-pilot do all the work? you might as well watch videos on youtube instead!

1 Like

That’s what you take away from ItsJackTime detailed post ?

1 Like

I use the co-pilot to taxi to and from the runway and will continue to do so till taxiway signs are improved. It is also helpful handling ATC comms.

1 Like

A tip: delete the rolling cache after the update and recreate it. That brings more FPS … worked for

1 Like

Min. 30 GB

Thanks Saint for so eloquently explaining to me what you think is right and wrong. I just assume you not spend so much time on my education. It’s not welcome or appreciated. How do I block you?

I had to do reboot after update for it to work, but it does work! I also appreciate no power with cold and dark no longer an issue, finally I can see planes parked at airports.

TOO FUNNY … Thanks, made by day

First it’s “Stop educating me, its not welcome, or appreciated”

Then asks the same person he does not want “educating him” , to be Educated on how to Block him.

1 Like

@LDSaint echos my own feelings on this. Most of see the same things, and how we react to these experiences, and give that feedback on open forum, differs from person to person.

Constructive criticism seems to be almost the minority, sadly. You only have to look in the bugs group to see that. Angry posts, duplicate posts about the same thing as the search facility is clearly too difficult to use, but hidden in there is the odd gem of a report where an issue has been identified, and a reasoned, coherent response has been made. It may even include discovered workarounds to use while we wait for a fix.

At its simplest, you may find that queries have a better chance of being answered by someone if your post is “Can anyone assist or corroborate?” instead of “Fix this now!!!11”

1 Like
  1. Your comment is only intended to ruffle feathers, and it is not constructive, beneficial, or contributing to the conversation in any way.

2. I’ll answer your question anyway. The co-pilot feature allows the plane to depart from any location to the world, to any destination in the world, with a simulated real-time flight, and you can enjoy the “Showcase” camera angles that are impossible to achieve in real life or watch on YouTube. Also, since I’m not a commercial pilot, I can open the cockpit view and try to learn from what the co-pilot is doing (when it’s working correctly) by watching. And finally, I do like to fly the planes, but sometimes I just like to watch, especially with the stunning graphics.

3. Even real-life airline pilots use autopilot and navigational equipment on flights. So it should work correctly in the sim.

4. There’s no reason to try to put down people for using the sim in the way they want to use it. The co-pilot and camera views are features of the sim, and when they work correctly, there’s no reason why people can’t enjoy the sim in the way they want. So take your negativity somewhere else and stop trolling.

7 Likes

There are many reasons why you see the message “Please insert disc.”
Here’s one solution that worked for me.

1. Sign out in the Microsoft Store app
  2. Reboot PC
  3. Sign back in the Microsoft Store app*

Hah nope, all I take away is that this sim shouldn’t have been released in its current state. Didn’t even fix the “press any key to start” issue where it say it has :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil: and I should add how grateful I am to the community for releasing their own patches/mods etc to fix a lot of issues…

Did you reply to all the others on this forum that it did correct? Including the Community Moderator?

And what I posted DID stop the issue for me and others. Just like all issues, what helps for some, doesn’t help for all.

If it doesn’t work for you, then find the cause or post in a thread that can be up voted and not in a general discussion.

Again, I challenge you to fly around in rural areas looking at farms and hamlets and then find one on Google that also has a 5 story office block.

You realise someone out there is now going to make it their life’s work to prove you wrong, don’t you? :wink:

The worlds a big place, after all.

Heh, yeah there’s bound to be at least one old farm that’s been turned into a technology park for real.