Discussion: Update #5 (1.10.7.0)

Update #5 has been released, you can view the Patch Notes Here!

Please use this thread to discuss the latest update, version 1.10.7.0. Other topics created to discuss this thread may be merged here.

Frequently Asked Questions

• What items were updated? Where can I read the release notes?
    The link above contains the release notes. Please note this does not include every single item that was updated.

• How do I see my current version number?
    Press Alt+Enter to change the program from full screen to windowed mode. The version number is at the top title bar of the window. Additionally, the version number is available in-game by clicking on your gamer tag profile icon from the top right of the main screen. The version name is displayed in the dialogue box under your gamer tag

• Do I need to do anything with add-ons in the community folder?
    While most of the time it is safe to leave files in the community folder, backing up files is never a bad idea. This can be done easily by moving the content from your community folder to a temporary location on your hard drive before applying the patch and replacing after testing the new version.

• What is the file size of the update?
    The main app update is approximately 259MB and the downloadable content when you run the sim is approx 7.52GB

Note the size of the update depends on the version of the game you have purchased. Don’t be alarmed if the update is smaller

• Why were certain bugs or issues not included in the patch notes?
    The patch notes don’t mention everything that has been updated. If you are still experiencing an issue then file a ticket on Zendesk , using the “Submit a Request” option on the top menu bar. Include as much detail as possible, including the version of the game you are running. Remember the forums are not the official platform for bug tracking.

This patch is part of an ongoing patch release, so if your issue isn’t patched this time it does not mean it won’t ever get fixed! Check out the #self-service:bugs-issues category to see if others are reporting the same issues (where you can also vote if you have the same issue)

The Known Issues page will be updated within a few days to reflect the updated bugs.

• How do I see my FPS?
    The quickest way to see FPS is to go Options>General>Developers>Developer Mode On (Remember to click apply and save F11)
    Then from the new menu toolbar select Options>Display FPS

• What should I do if the update doesn’t start automatically?
    The best course of action is to log out, restart your computer, and log back in.

• What should I do if the update seems to stall or stop downloading?
    The first thing to try is closing down MSFS and restarting it. The downloading should start again once MSFS is restarted. If there are problems with a particular file downloading repeatedly (on a loop) then exit MSFS and browse to the download location where the file is downloading to using windows explorer. Delete the offending file (if it is listed) or the latest downloaded file in that folder and then restart MSFS. The patch should continue as normal. (Note only delete files do not delete folders!)

• After the update, I have noticed some buildings appearing taller than expected. Any workaround?
    Some users have reported a possible workaround that involves updating files using the Content Manager. For more discussion regarding this, please see the thread by @EnoughBard39362, located here.
10 Likes

Hopefully not an accident as I don’t see an official announcement, but new update is downloading now.

7 Likes

Confirmed for Windows Store :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After small update on Steam an in game update of 7.52 gb. Just downloading.

Release notes state fixes/improvements to some planes,UI, Metar data refresh issues,installation manager, support for thrustmaster TCA throttle, landing challenge scores tracking, marketplace quality of life improvements,motion blur added, new TAA, night lighting,water night reflections,hole in Brazil fixed

259mb for me on steam

Downloading in MS store

NICE!! Great eyes everyone!

1 Like

Anyone got the patch note? Currently cannot manually check in the game.

1 Like

It’s out … 955.8mb M. Store

7.52 GB

1 Like

Got it.
Kind regards out of germany

@moderators - Patch Notes link in original post is broken as of 1314H ET. It says Page is Private or Doesn’t exist. Please fix. Thanks.

Try again.

Ok, works now. Thanks.

Ju

Can we just show the version # at the corner of the main screen? It’s too much a workaround for something that is implemented almost the same way across the industry :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks for confirming. Usually the patch notes are made public just before the discussion thread, today it was the other way around :slight_smile:

wow.thats a lot of new things and fixes.Does anyone saw the new night lighting or the water reflections?

2 Likes

here we go!!! :grinning:

just remember empty the community folder first!!!

6 Likes

Empty community folder? What should I do with 30+ Gb of addons?

1 Like

I don’t think we have to, the community folder is separate, that’s the whole point

Only empty it if you have issues resulting from addons

6 Likes