Discussion: Update #5 (1.10.7.0)

The FMC flightplan screen is no longer visible with the mod A32NX after the latest MSFS update. Entering letters and digits is possible and visible, but no start up text or FP. Does anyone know how to fix that? Anybody else have this issue?

After the update 5 I have seen some issues when going to Marketplace, all the window is loading and nothing more. Need to go back to main menu and back to marketplace to work. The loading time in Marketplace is slow

Now I opened the sim and saw that the marketplace stopped working again!
Unbelievable the amount of problems that sim!
Who understands this software ???

1 Like

I have a CTDā€¦!!! Not even coming CLOSE to the Marketplace. They need to fix itā€¦!!!

Some clouds which are farther away Looks wrong, with black dots Since this Patch. Im nearly done with this Game, 2 steps ahead, 1 back.
I Gues we have to wait 4 weeks until its fixed, or longer like the Lightning. Its so Frustating, im afraid of Every Patch, What will be Broken and Gets fixed 4 or More weeks later

Each time there is an Update to the Simulator it is a mixture of joy/excitement and dread/fearā€¦ Will the update work giving me new exciting stuff, or will it kill everything forcing me to reinstall everything including the now grown downloadsize of over 100gb. At least with the Patch #5 it never got to destroying anything. In the Microsoft Store it said ā€œchecking filesā€ then ā€œalmost thereā€ and then ā€œan unexpected Error has occuredā€. Hitting show details brings up the Error Code ā€œ0x80070141ā€. Asobo and Microsoft have a looooooooooooong way to go.

2 Likes

I can play but the issue is Autopilot in A320 which are banking left and right and so on.
Knobs and switches animation in default A320 issue
AP swaying left and right in default A320
AP banking hard right/left in default A320

This is the 4 or 5th update (this happens every update) that I have this issue where the download stalls, fails or just loops.

None of the proposed fixes in the quoted comment has fixed the issue. Especially when ā€œdelete the offending fileā€ is a file that DOES NOT EXIST ON MY COMPUTER because i canā€™t even download 12MB of the file before it loops.

I resorted ONCE to using a download limiter and was only able to download the update fully ONLY if I limited my bandwidth to flightsimulator.exe to 200-500KB/s.

Hereā€™s yet again, another video to show the symptoms. I canā€™t go through this time and time again. And I am NOT going to buy another program JUST to be able to update a game where I have to spend HOURS every day having to download such an update SO SLOWLY that it causes me to have to spend a matter of collective DAYS just to download a several gigabyte update to be able to play this game/sim. And lets forget about recommending I download a free program to limit my bandwidth speeds - these are always trial versions of about 14 or 30 days and usually requires either a complete system reformat or digging through the buried paths of a Windows registry entry to be able to get around these timed trials.

And the frequency of these updates, however good they may be, prevents my ability to enjoy this software because I spend more time updating than I do playing.

This is insane. I canā€™t go through this again. I essentially have a program holding 200GB hostage on my machine.

1 Like

Update is NOT workingā€¦!! CTD or other problemsā€¦
You need to wait. Hope this will be fixed SOONā€¦!!!

Oh ! Yeah I just checked and your rightā€¦ I donā€™t you use this mode much either but Iā€™m pretty sure it was working before the patch. Besides, if you start your descent with v/s mode then switch to FLC the aircraft shoots the right altitude but for sure AP is still a mess.

Hotfix will come today or tomorrow but I think later today :cold_face:

2 Likes

From where do you know thisā€¦?? Would be great.!!

It says ā€œa hotfix is scheduled for release this weekend.ā€

2 Likes

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAY!!! Tnx.!!!

2 Likes

Thank you very much. Looked around here but didnā€™t find this. Tnx to you for sharing it with the community. Greetings from Switzerland.

1 Like

I would suggest to all not to tweak like crazy and wait for the hot fix to be released, otherwise it will be challenging to keep track on every change

1 Like

A hotfix isnā€™t going to fix my update issue.

I know the feeling ā€¦ :slightly_frowning_face:

Iā€™m still waiting for a Zendesk answer to my own problems with this mess that I posted when it was released ā€¦ :unamused:

==================================

Started Windows as normal and checked MS Store as I normally do.

Showed an update to MS2020.

Clicked on it and it went through a bunch of prep and then said downloading ā€¦ NOTHING HAPPENED.

Entire system locked up. Couldnā€™t use Taskbar ā€¦ Couldnā€™t access anything ā€¦ Couldnā€™t use ALT-CTRL-DEL ā€¦ finally after 30 minutes had to power offā€¦

Restarted Windows fine and went to store again. NO update to MS2020 showing ā€¦ clicked Show Updates and nothing available.

Okā€¦ so I try to start MS2020 and NOTHING. Program doesnā€™t show even in taskbar as loading.

Now what? $180 program that canā€™t even update itself through its own store.

Sure wish I could get a refund, but thatā€™s not an MS policyā€¦

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanksā€¦

==========================================

Cheers mate, that fixed it for me. Happy flying :grinning:

Edit:
After disabling cloud sync and removing my steam profile, I was able to get into the main menu. Exit to desktop and run Fs2020 again with no problems. The problem specifically has something to do with syncing your profile to the steam cloud. I did choose the option to push new files to the cloud. After that I had the ctd issue again. Deleted that profile again, disabled cloud sync, and was able to get into the main menu again. I think the best option for now would be to keep cloud sync disabled until they come with a fix