Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

The forum is overloaded, the downloads are excruciatingly slow, what can we expect in the sim?

Be sure it points to the folder which contains the Official/OneStore and Community folder. Mine is 23.38GiB.

That goes up to ā€¦47.007 then at 70% it moves to 48 then 49.001. At 76% here now slogging along at 1.5Mbps now ugh.

I would suggest that everyone having very slow downloads puts a zendesk ticket in. The forum staff tell us that they are volunteers and have no direct contact with the creators so perhaps Ms/As do not know about the issue with server capacity.

Asobo needs to take asap the traffic.

1 Like

Well, after pulling down the 34.15 GB + 300MB VC Redist prior, I uninstalled 17 GB in content LOL. And thatā€™s before I decide to pull the trigger on UK Scenery.

1 Like

Iā€™m getting a solid 80/100Mbps on a Virgin 100Mbps account - all good with 3GB to go :slight_smile: Looking forward to Fountains Abbey and York Minster!

Pretty good download speed :smile:

The Out Skerries airport is absolutely fantastic. Well done!

18 Likes

Yes, 67 min and itā€™s finished.
Now we can fly. :smiley:

Is there any information regarding UK satellite imagery, elevation data and standard airport updates?

They donā€™t have contact with Asobo/Ms.
I would report it here at they may not know:
Submit a request ā€“ Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Good effort!

Scenery looks amazing! Wish my download would hurry and stop looping!

1 Like

I was at 0,01mbps when started (living in China with 1gb connection) then opened my vpn and moved connection to Kansas : now downloading at an average of 20mbps :sweat_smile:

1 Like

god thatā€™s annoyingā€¦ i hope mine doesnā€™t do that.

Definitely not a global problem for server load as getting up to 100Mbit/s speed on a 100Mbit/s connection in Montreal.

Vote here to let them no if your not happy with download speeds.

Going to be a while here. Crept up to 4% eventually on this one. I have a 350Mb internet speed :sob:

Did the same, VPNā€™d to the UK from South Africa, getting a good 70mbit vs 2mbit earlier.

2 Likes