Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

What?? Oh no :man_facepalming:

yep, went to my hometown edinburghā€¦ looks like Mordor

3 Likes

Seems weā€™re chasing our tails since this game was released last August. Itā€™s like the developers are just putting their fingers in the holes of this dam as they keep getting worse.

1 Like

well, its a big new update, so i will wait and see if it settles down, but yeah, its all a bit Cyberpunkesqueā€¦ bitten off more than they can chew perhaps ā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

Wow, negative Nancy, here, huh?

I donā€™t know about you, but my experience keeps improving, update after update. No, theyā€™re not done fixing stuff, for me the biggest one left (assuming it IS left, I havenā€™t tried it since todayā€™s update) is the u-turn on approach bug. But since Iā€™ve pretty much stopped using the built-in ATC anyway, even that doesnā€™t really apply to me.

Iā€™m a VR user, and after some fumbling around not knowing what I was doing at first, I got everything I needed, including some very specific setup recommendations made by our own @CptLucky8, and my VR experience is REALLY good, especially considering the relative weakness of my 2070 Super GPU. So good in fact, that I think even if I manage to find a 3080 at this point, Iā€™m gonna take a pass in favor of a 3080 Super or 3080ti, both of which only exist in my imagination right now.

Since we have no idea what your beef is, I guess thereā€™s nothing more to say. Except that maybe you and @rob12770 either lack the hardware to get the job done, or have unreasonable expectations. I bought CP2077 just to see what all the fuss was about, and it works perfectly fine for me.

:man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I didnā€™t get the opportunity to fly today so I was wondering what issues have occurred that I should be aware of?

My ONLY issue with this update (and itā€™s a big issue) is the flight dynamics being broken on a lot of aircraft. They now rotate at unrealistic speeds, stalls have been pretty much destroyed, and landings are very floaty.

Either youā€™re flying lower than youā€™d be allowed to in London, your setup is a bit off orā€¦ something else, but London looks incredible.

Yes, if I go low enough I can see issuesā€¦ but Iā€™d still take them over autogen.

Go fly in Edinburghā€¦ you will see.

Please. Just stop with the ā€œunplayableā€ nonsense. You know what unplayable means? It means you have a problem like I did, where the sim wonā€™t even start. THAT was unplayable. And the fix involved basically buying the sim from scratch, but I had already invested more time than it was worth, and was facing who knows how many more hours trying (maybe in vain) to find a solution, so I just punted and took the easy road.

As for your issues, Iā€™ve only flown one flight post-patch, but didnā€™t see anything like what you described. If I can stay awake, Iā€™m gonna go do another one here in a moment, and if it turns out youā€™re right, Iā€™ll come back and eat my own words, but Iā€™m not all that worried.

But the good news is that if you feel that slighted, you have options!

5 Likes

@rob12770, youā€™re the one who brought up CP2077, and I mentioned that I have reasonable hardware, and it works just fine for me.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Edinburgh, London ? :wink:

Iā€™ve not checked out Edinburgh yet. The approach into the airport from the east was pretty spectacular before. As long as thatā€™s at least as good then Iā€™d be happy.

Nancy hereā€¦
If you actually read what I posted above, youā€™d know ā€œmy beefā€. I clearly explained the issues I am experiencing. Perhaps instead of calling me names or labels and boasting of your great rig, you could offer some help. Is that not what this forum is about?
Btwā€¦my system i7 10700, rtx 3080, 32g VR Quest 2
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

its a total mess m8, pre ā€œupdateā€ i fly Edinburgh almost every day, there was the odd ground spike., but manageable ā€¦ now its a jokeā€¦ truly awful

1 Like

Excuse me for missing one post out of almost 800. As for your ā€œissuesā€, I canā€™t speak to them. I havenā€™t seen taxi lights all over the place, and I DID fly out of a payware airport, the Cessna CJ4 seems just fine, and I havenā€™t flown in clear weather yet. Sorry, but the patch has been out for what, 12 hours? I havenā€™t had a chance to test every possible scenario.

Iā€™m also unfamiliar with a payware called ā€œAeroliteā€, so I canā€™t help you there, either. But I havenā€™t had any throttle issues. If you have, take it up with Aerolite.

EDIT: As for your rig, itā€™s stronger than mine, but I mostly brought that up to question Robā€™s statement about CP2077.

1 Like

I have removed a handful of posts that were inappropriate, this topic is here for you to discuss the latest world update and not a place for you to trade insults.

8 Likes

You all see pixelated shadows now?! Is that new! I have shadows set on Ultra and texture is also set on Ultra, reflection is Ultra too. The performance has improved in my opinion!

I agree, specifically with regard to VR performance. I was in heavy IMC for my flight (and above the clouds for the rest of it), so I didnā€™t get a chance to observe any shadows, but Iā€™ll be on the lookout for it to see if I notice anything the next time I actually see a shadow lolā€¦

But the performance in my VR headset was really good, especially considering I was coming out of a scenery heavy payware airport, and into a ā€œbespokeā€ airport (made by Asobo) in horrible visibility at the destination end.

REX Weather Force 2020 : Anyone finding that MSFS will now CTD when this is run ??
(Build number 6.0.2021/0116)

1 Like

Just flown around Edinburgh city and now on final to EGPH. I donā€™t have any of the ā€œmelting buildingā€ issues mentioned above and it looks pretty spectacular.

My only gripe, and this is for everywhere, is that LOD is transitioning to itā€™s highest level far too close to objects, making the ā€œpoppingā€ too obvious. That was almost certainly done for performance, but give ME control over LOD rather than just having (far too pessimistic) defaults per generic quality setting.