Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

For anyone just landing here with connectivity issues, it’s a global outage and being worked on. It is not a problem with your internet or PC. Marketplace, Bing scenery data, satellite imagery and photogrammetry are all affected.

https://twitter.com/MSFS_Support/status/1361978567849107461

Just so it doesn’t get lost in the thread, I will post every now and again.

3 Likes

Yes I have everything on regarding online functionality .

OK, then I think server side issues per @CroppingPoem113 's post

1 Like

I’m using a software called AOMEI Backupper which allows me to perform complete system, partition or drive backups.

It’s one of my most used applications which has saved me more than once when things go wrong. Where I’m able to “go back in time” like nothing ever happened.

1 Like

So unless anyone has the orbix or other third party scenery installed. They wont be seeing the update out the window .Just pre update would this be correct ?

Not sure. I’m not sure you can even start the sim just now. If they’re are server issues then the scenery will be either incomplete or take ages to load

You should be able to fly, but it’ll be the basic offline version with limited scenery (think FSX ground textures!)

I went back to check on MBSC, and the water masks there. Unsurprisingly, they are not, and with the default textures, no weather etc. it may as well be called “X-Plane mode”. No offense, I also fly XP. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can use it no problem .You are correct about the scenery it looks like Fsx .Shame I was hoping to see the uk update in all its glory. Although some of the earlier posts suggest some people have seen it before the outage

1 Like

Yes, delete the old one and generate a new rolling cache.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info, I will have a look at this software

Actually, come to think of it, that is a valid test for comparisons purposes. Fire up MSFS, even with its highest settings, but have all online features turned off.

This is what the online component brings to the table. Competitor sims that don’t adopt this route will likely be no better than this, instead relying on end users to generate their own Ortho.

I am getting screen tearing as well. I don’t recall having it before?

1 Like

There are reports that the servers are coming back online.

Hopefully not long now.

Just taken of from navel base in yeovil uk ground looks like fsx on my old laptop lol

On the plus side I am getting 70fps

2 Likes

Right I’m off to practice circuits around EGGD, hope we all get streamin’ again soon!

See you all later folks.

Impressed so far but the tidal Thames looks a bit Spring Tide Deluxe, I fear for London without a Thames Barrier. Then there’s Thamesmead Falls where the river switches to normal high tide before jumping up Woolwich Weir. Maybe the river is bowing at my birthplace of Barking, London?

Time to reinstall the Dartford Bridge, very surprised that wasn’t done. Anyway, rest of the South East is superb.

1 Like

P.S. any Bristol area fans out there come join this thread.

You have market place functionality back ?