DIY Cessna 152 Home Cockpit - Completed

Hello

I hope everyone is doing well safely!

I wanted to make Cessna 152 home Cockpit. so I ordered a Cessna 152 100% scale poster last December from the Cockpit Posters.

The CAD drawings completed are shown below at the moment.

I referred to the poster and Some of the equipment here will be ready-made.(I’m going to buy the things I need : For example, radio panels, etc.)
Bezels and Encoder will use the Someone’s been making this before for the Cessna 172 Home Cockpit and Also I found a blog where someone making of the Cessna 150’s Home Cockpit. (there are seems to everything is completed, but there are no final test videos or photos) and It is very unfortunately the last update in April 2019. Of course, I’m going to refer to that place a lot.

Anyway, I tried find looked to perfect monitors for fits Cessna 152 cockpit 100% scale size poster.

but it seems impossible to arrange the monitor size and actual gauges location, maybe due to the location of Yoke and the location of some gauges or something like that.
I can never make it into the same shape and position because of my skill problem.

Therefore, the location of the poster cannot be the same.

The most important thing about this Home Cockpit is that it will include the BFF’s DIY OpenBeam FFB Flight Yoke and The shape of this yoke is the Cessna 152.

So, BFF’s DIY OpenBeam FFB Flight Yoke needs to be completed first. :slight_smile:

Perhaps it will take a long time to complete, but I will keep updating the making news.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Younghoon

14 Likes

Hello

I found a suitable monitor there.
I’m going to buy the monitors when Yoke is complete.

so, I changed the drawing today, Look at the picture below.)

Therefore, Yoke will be closer to its actual location.(but I’ve never seen a real 152 cockpit, the only thing I can check the actual size is the 100% scale poster.)

The problem is the position of the clock, which seems to be unnecessary.
So, Perhaps it does not make that.

Best Regards,

Younghoon

4 Likes

Hello

I’m slowly, but I’m still working on it to make a my home cockpit.

I’ll show you the picture I took today.

The white parts are 3D printed, and the panels are CNC cut with MDF.

the Bezels 3D files - https://cessna172sim.allanglen.com/ was used and modified for one Bezel.

the Carb Heat, Throttle, Mixture - Carb Heat, Throttle, Mixture - Cessna Simulator by vlish - Thingiverse - was used and modified for the Parking brake, Primer, Cabin Air and Heat Knobs.

Both of them seem to be very great people!

Thanks

Best Regards,

Younghoon

11 Likes

Very nicely done. I’m looking forward to seeing your progress.

1 Like

Hello!

Thank you! I am still in the process. :slightly_smiling_face:

Until the last few days I was making a cad file of home cockpit’s enclosure.

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Hello

Today I assembled the bottom frame with 4040 aluminum profile.

Next is, CNC cut plywood will soon be installed!

Best Regards,

Younghoon

6 Likes

Hello

The Enclosure and cockpit lower and upper plates are assembled.

Main panel is not fixed yet. But it is attached to the same part as the picture.

I upload some pictures.

The next step is painting! :slightly_smiling_face:

Best Regards,

Younghoon

13 Likes

Hello

making for this is still ongoing. :grinning:

I tested the monitors yesterday. It has two 15 inch, one 7 inch, and one IPAD2.

As expected, these fit perfectly into the cockpit panel.

The Low Volt Warning LED also works, all of which are powered by Air Manager 4.0.

Low Volt Warning LED is works and matched perfectly with JPLogistics Cessna 152 Mod.

You can see it in two pictures.

Although it is not on the panel, Marker Beacon (O.M.I) also works well with 3mm LEDs(Blue, Orange, White)

For Marker Beacon is Ralph from Sim Innovations did a wonderful job! :+1:

Best Regards,

Younghoon

9 Likes

Hello

The remaining MDF parts were attached to the main panel and painted.

The Bezels were also Installed After the paint, but Bezels didn’t fit well, so some parts damaged and messy. :laughing:

But this is my best result.

7 Likes

Wow. What amazing work.

Very impressive. What CNC do you have? I have an MPCNC, but hand cut my 172 panel

1 Like

Really interesting! Looking forward to seeing this as it progresses. Good luck with the rest of the build!

1 Like

Hello

Thank you! :grinning:

I don’t have a CNC machine. These were manufactured by a processing company.

But probably all but one had to be done manually because of the tolerance.

Thanks again!

Hello

Thank you! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I will post another picture now for progress situation of work.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Hello

All knobs and including Yoke were painted.

I also made a Yoke shaft holder and painted it.

I tried my best, but the results didn’t come out neatly.

Thanks!

8 Likes

It’s looking great :+1:

1 Like

Hello again!

Here’s a picture I just took. :smiley:

There’s still a lot to work on, but I’ve put these together to see how good they are.

The rudder pedal is DIY Force Feedback Rudder Pedals, which has yet to be first tested.

Because, There is still work to be done.

Maybe by tomorrow everything will be ready and I can first test of rudder pedals.

Thanks again!

10 Likes

Hello

Unexpected problems occurred and it took a long time to complete!

1. I bought a 43-inch TV and tested the MSFS frames, and later while I was working on something else and the wooden board fell to the TV side and broke the TV screen.
    Then I bought a 43-inch TV from another company. (This is the 43-inch TV shown in the picture)

2. Part of the yoke had been broken. This in the picture is more solid.

3. Mobiflight operated the Elevator Trim Indicator and Flaps Indicator, but it did not work satisfactorily. Instead of this part, using of the Simplugins gauges.

4. Running Air Manager caused a strange Issue in which DIY Force Feedback Rudder Pedals were moving very randomly.

https://youtu.be/rW8vEJeaG_Q this Issue can see 0:20 and 1:00 of this video.

Perhaps there was something wrong with the Rudder Pedals axis of the BFF Control Loader Software, but it did not solve this problem.

However, without running Air Manager, this problem was solved. However, Marker Beacon LEDs, DIY Knobster and Low Volt LEDs have become unavailable.
The reason is that it all used Air Manager.

I used Simplugins instead of the Air Manager. Because, there was no problem with the Rudder pedals when it was used.

1. Other unexpected problems.

The instrument panels set based on what I see sitting on the chair, so the picture doesn’t look right.

The most important part of this cessna 152 home cockpit is the three-axis control loader system.

I will make a video of these working.

I sincerely appreciate the people who saw the make process and liked it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Update news, 18th AUG : Yesterday, I fixed the mobiflight problem that happened to me. so It’s working well now. It was my problem. the Mobiflight is a very good program. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Wow, I admire your dedication, great job!

Look amazing! Can’t wait to see when it’s done.

Hello

Thank you very much for saying that. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: