DIY Cessna 152 Home Cockpit - Completed

Hello

Also Thank you very much!

Everything has already been completed. :sweat_smile:

Itā€™s just that havenā€™t make a working video yet.

Iā€™ll probably make it soon.

Looks awesome! Great job there.

@Younghoon1982 this looks amazing. Well done!

Looks great! Next level realism :smiley:

Nice work, looks pretty time consuming for build up but it looks very amazing! :slight_smile:

Excellent job.

Though the chair looks a bit too comfy for a real 152.

4 Likes

Hello Guys!

I sincerely thank everyone for saying good things. :slightly_smiling_face:

I was record the introduction video of my home cockpit a few days ago, but I donā€™t think I made it satisfactorily, so Iā€™ll make it again and upload video of it.

Today, I uploaded a video about BFF Control Loader System-Automatic Power-up Calibration (APUC) For the Yoke and Rudder Pedals - https://youtu.be/a_T1nG_6DKA

Thanks again.

P.S : Iā€™m thinking of doing a live streaming with my home cockpit on the twitch soon.
so, Iā€™ll let all know when the schedule is set.

Best Regards,

Younghoon

5 Likes

Hello

I made the Introduction video of my cessna 152 home cockpit.

You can see of here : https://youtu.be/qaq32vAbQ_k

Also, I made the flight video with Go Pro Hero 7 Black.

You can see of here : https://youtu.be/zytWfEQWRGM

I will be to start streaming on Twitch from next week.

Best Regards,

Younghoon

6 Likes

Hello

I did the test stream of twitch twice.

I want to do the 3rd test yesterday, but I couldnā€™t because I was hurt.
Last Saturday afternoon, I hit my head hard on the edge of the kitchen shelf and went to the emergency room.

I got a tetanus injection and I took an X-ray and stitch twice of my head. (It hurt because I didnā€™t get anesthesia)

It will take a week for the hurt to heal.
I have to go to the hospital every other day and disinfect it. Also, I have been taking medicine.

Anyway, if anyone want to watch my stream, come here(Twitch).

Itā€™s my twitch channel.

Iā€™ll stream as soon as Iā€™m fully recovered(Maybe Itā€™s takes about a week)

The new updates of my cessna 152 home cockpit, I set Low Volt LED to work with Mobiflight.

I tested with Cessna 152 Mod and it LED works the almost same. :grinning:

Best Regards,

Younghoon

5 Likes

I hope your head is better. I was curious about the videos. are they coming along?

Hello. I want to build a very simple and cheap GA Home Cockpitā€¦ I use the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, and the Logitech Throttle Quadrant which have some useful switches and buttons, but i want to use some additional mechanical toggle switches for fuel pump, pitot heat, fuel cut off, parking brake, carburetor heat and if posssible some rotary encoders for altimeter, COM-frequency setting. I have read, that i can do it with a simple USB controller board (Arduinoā€¦) Is it really so simple to realize this? :wink: What i need for this (Hardware, Firmware, Software etc.) Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi Younghoon,

Just watched your Youtube video and what you have built is amazing, well done! We would love to ship you one of our new Cockpit Motherboards just to say thank you for sharing what you have created. Completely FOC. PM us for details. This is what community is all about.

Thank you and hope your feeling better soon!

The LoungePilot team.

2 Likes

Hi MRTNAIRLINES,

I think our cockpit Motherboard for builders would be a great start to your SIM. It makes building your own Simulator extremely easy. 7 Seg displays, encoders, LCD displays, button inputs, LED outputs, Analog inputs and no messy wiring to contend with. All on one board. We will release in November. You can message me for more details.

The LoungePilot Guys.

Hi. Looks goodā€¦! :wink: But i think it is a bit too much for my simple home cockpit. I dont need so much options and connections. Is the standard board at your website a smaller version with less options? But it is sold outā€¦

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello

Thanks! :grinning:

Iā€™m completely cured now.

I am Sorry, Because I didnā€™t understand what you meant.

Can you explain it again?

Thanks again

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Hello

Are you will be to make it for Cessna 152?

I highly recommend BU0836X 12-Bit Joystick Board of the Leo Bodnar Electronics, I am already using two.

I am also using COM1 with one ELMA E37 of the Leo Bodnar Electronics.

You will have to make a panel that fixes the switches and rotary encoders. maybe It will be easy to make with MDF or something.

I can help you if you need help.

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Hello

Thanks! It means FOC is free, right?

Itā€™s okay. Iā€™ll only accept your warm heart. Thank you so much. :slightly_smiling_face:

My Home cockpit is complicated(itā€™s messy) and I donā€™t think I can install it because there is not much space left.

I like the Air Manager and I want to use it, but I canā€™t use it due to problems with my rudder pedals, so I use Panel Builder of the SimPlugins Instead of the Air Manager.

Thanks again!

Best Regards,

Younghoon

1 Like

Hi,

We are discontinuing this version. We will have a new version available towards the end of November. This will be a compact board and will also have the option of adding LeoBodnar BU0836X. We will post an update when itā€™s available.

Thank you!
The LoungePilot Guys.

Hi Younghoon,

Your very welcome! If you decide to build something bigger in the future let us know.

Happy flying!

The LoungePilot Guys.

Did you do this from drawings?