DLSS:DLAA Mode highly recommended! It’s WOW!

Not using it myself, just took backup and switched. =)

Not sure if I see any diff from 3.1.1 - 3.1.1.1 though… Do you?

Less fps? =/

Hm…more shimmering? Pls try it and see what you think, its just to put the old backuped file back if you dont like it.

Nor does it see mine. I can’t find any trace of the DLL is reckons to replace.

Hi, Sorry, dont follow you. Please explain further =)

Do you use the default .dll of DLSS that came with SU12, or are you using 3.1.1 or 3.1.1.1 ? Whats your thoughts?

default is what the game developer have tested ( hopefully ) and there should be no need to “hack” the existing application. Also in case of problems, we can not compare with other users if somewhat was changed in such a way.

1 Like

The last version used 1.0.0 (from what I remember) was kind of bad. 3.1.1 (v2 of 3.1.1 I guess), was making things much easier in DLSS. Much better sharpness etc. But the latest SU12 release seem to have a good version from start (not 3.1.1 but like 2.4 something)

Very much liking DLAA myself. Using version 3.1.11 with gsync and a 30fps cap no vsync… smooth and looks great. Mainly flying the Blacksquare aircraft and notice no ghosting vs glass cockpit. Doubt I’ll use TAA again. Bye Bye to shimmering and all else that comes with TAA. Tried FSR2.2 but this is an instant CTD. Interested to see how that develops though as they are working to get ghosting to zero. That might play nice with glass cockpits

2 Likes

I assume DLAA can’t upsample?

I have a 1080p monitor, but with TAA I can render the game at 2k resolution, which looks considerably more crisp/sharp than running native 1080p.

2 Likes

my displays got blurry with DLSS DLAA
4K almost everythin on ULTRA
Terrain at 205 and Objects at 200

Yeah that’s true with DLSS:DLAA are cockpit textures and displays, tapes etc. a bit blurrier than TAA but still more than acceptable to read.

However with TAA its outside blurriness and blurring lines which it makes a question of favors.

Personally I’m fine with the extent of cockpit blurriness of DLSS:DLAA but I can avoid the outside artifacts that I have with TAA mode, with DLAA outside textures are crystal clear and sharp

5 Likes

@DestroyerC97

Which .dll version do you think works best today for DLSS:DLAA?

And…

Are you using any AMD shaprpening, and if so - how much (and which res are you playing natively in?)

So I wanny try that, just to see the difference vs DLSS:DLAA, would I then need to to up to 4K (using 2K natively), or whats the recommendation you think? If I could get rid of BOTH the slightly blurry instruments when using DLSS:DLAA and the blurry exterior graphics when using TAA, it would have been a dream, but not at a big cost. I like my gameplay around 60fps… =)

If you do upscale resolution to 4k I suggest using image scaling in NVCP global settings (without too much sharpening).

None .dll version, I have a RTX 2080 SUPER and currently using the “standard” DLSS:DLAA mode that comes with the sim.

I currently have AMD Fidelity sharpening on 150, resolution is 1920x1080 with a Image Sharpening on 20 within the NVCP. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

I would use the resolution you’re monitor is actually capable of. I have a 1920x1080p monitor at 144 Hz which is more than sharp enough with DLSS:DLAA. However with the DLSS mode activated you don’t actually choose any resolution. DLSS renders at a lower resolution and gives you the picture in your actual native resolution back (meaning if you have a 4K monitor, it will be 4K), that’s how it works and how it can generate more FPS compared to TAA or other modes.

Thank you for your explanation. I am also using 1920x1080 at 144 Hz and the way you described it makes sense. I have my full resolution set in MSFS to 1920x1080 using AMD FSR and it shows a render of 960x540.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Here a bit more:

What is DLSS(Deep Learning Super Sampling)? - GIGABYTE Global.

I don’t have DLSS as an option since I am using an AMD graphics card and not an Nvidia one. So my options are DAA, TAA, FSR, none, to DFXX???

DLAA doesn’t downsample - if you look at the fps counter it’s rendering full resolution. I’m pretty sure when you select DLAA, DLSS is disabled (despite what the menu says), because DLSS is downsampling - rendering at a lower resolution, but it’s not doing that when DLAA is selected.

It’s basically the same as TAA but uses AI rather than manually set heuristics. They look pretty similar but to my eye it’s not quite as sharp. Performance should be pretty similar to TAA, so I’m not sure how you’re getting much better fps - they run about the same on my PC.