Do they test the game before releasing? VR experience is just horrible!

I just wonder what happens to this game, since this year I have numerous problems flying in VR:

1. mouse interaction in cockpit is almost unusable, mouse stucks everywhere, can’t aim elements, have to move and move and move and move to get somewhere

2. since the recent update i get regulary an error message telling me about broken connection, can’t be, I have 600/150MBit fiber, streaming or download isn’t an issue at all, only this game complains about broken connection

3. can’t buy anything sind 2 updates or so, just i sent a help request, but why can’t they solve this problem automatically? I mean it is a no brainer to recognize a hanging purchase

4. sometimes magic things happen in cockpit: e.g avionic turns off

5. since last update i can’t sometimes control the plane, i mean in the middle of approach a side rudder stops working or starts turning without moving the control (on various planes)

6. Zooming with a button on Joystick stops working or behaves arbitrary, then it stops working, resumes working only after i zoom with the right mouse button.

I use Thrusmaster Warthog Throttle and Joystick and HP Reverb G2 VR on PC with RTX3080Ti.

These all are thing which were working properly end of last year.
It seems to me like an update is done as an arbitrary extract from an ongoning development branch, not paying much attention what the status actually is.
I mean such bugs like mouse interaction in cockpit in VR it jumps on you right in the first second of using it. Is there no product quality magagement? I just can’t get it.

with best Regards,
Peter

I play multiple hours in VR every day and I don’t have this issue. Have you tried to reset your mouse profile? Do you have any dodgy mouse drivers?

I actually don’t have any issues like you describe. Something weird with your system is going on. It almost looks like your USB is bogged. Are you using a cheap USB hub?

5 Likes

Rtx3080ti + G2, I have minor issues, sometimes mouse is finicky and needs addressing, I’ve been getting disconnect issues lately since the last week server issue. As far as avionics switching off, I read there is a bug in the sim if someone with the same aircraft near you interacts with a control it can also switch yours. But overall my VR experience is very good, hoping shimmer is resolved this year.

1 Like

I fly exclusively in VR and I unfortunately don’t recognize anything you’re describing here.
The experience has been pretty stable lately (since SU7).

Has anything else changed in your setup?

4 Likes

You must have the Steam overlay enabled to make purchases, assuming you have Steam.

1 Like

First thought was perhaps also a simconnect issue.

I’ve been not using MSFS since I got into VR. It’s great in some other sims, but here it’s stuttery, windows won’t stay where I put them, text in windows is too big, there is no zoom to look at landscape features closer, etc

I occasionally update the sim and get back in to see if it’s fixed, but it never has seemed to improve. And the updates never mention VR improvements. Surely we are an afterthought.

2 Likes

try setting like this

Mouse movement is sluggish on my system, too. This is using a logi mouse with the usual driver (logitech options). It’s only under VR, mouse movement is fluid on the 2D screen.

I can’t confirm the other issues so far, though.

Thank you! The your hint with Steam Overlay solved my marketplace purchase problem!
Just bought a plane-

Mouse in VR is horrible on my system too. Sticks constantly. Msfs is only game this hsppens with.

1 Like

Choosing Full Screen Mode is the first step to solve peripheral or windows (atc, vfr map, etc) related problems. Then undoing any overclocking might be the next.

jup the mouse gets stuck in VR all the time and is extremely slow. Its weird acceleration in 2D is bad enough but in VR it’s horrible.

1 Like

Rift S owner here, none of the issues above.
VR has been great since SU7, the menu resize box bugs are annoying and touch controllers could still use more optimization and polish but they work great overall for me.

Be aware the VR mouse integration is plane dependent. It actively needs addressing by the plane dev.

Good to know. I only fly three planes regulary guess im just unlucky that all three suffer!

It works great in my PC, and I fly VR ONLY. I keep my system clean of junk (no games, just MSFS) .
I have this routine I do every morning after I turn my system on: Check for Windows updates, MS Store Updates, MS Edge Updates, flightsim.to site updates (update stuff in my Community folder that I downloaded from this site), ORBX updates, Sim Market Updates. Before I start flying, I also check the MSFS Market for updates. I do this religiously every morning.
Some poorly designed Liveries will also cause the Navigation Panels to go blank.
Use only powered USB Hubs (I have 3 on my desk) and in device manager I disabled all the power saving features in USB devices.
The most important thing you can do to get a smooth VR experience is to install OpenXR Toolkit which you can find links on this forum. OpenXR Tool for Windows should be installed already and in the ToolKit only, lower the render to 90% or below, depending on you PC Specs. The OpenXR Toolkit and the OpenXR Tool for WIndows are two different apps. The Tool can be downloaded directly thru the Windows Store. Do not change any settings, leave it at 100 render with no motion reprojection. Only make the changes in the OpenXR Toolkit WHILE IN VR.
I use an HP G2 and with most items in Ultra and rendition at 90% I get between 25-35+ FPS with the ,lowest at 24 FPS (flying over ORBX Sydney on a stormy day at less than 1500".
MSFS is all about adapting your PC to work with it, not the other way around. The proof is that it works on many other users PC without as many problems.

2 Likes

You forgot the window problem, each time a window in VR opens, you have to resize it to get to the controls. I had nearly all the rest of your findings.
The sim is buggy and we all know it but the alternatives are way behind technologically. So i work around the bugs and enjoy the good things.
But you are right, better Quality Control would be really nice. Especially for VR which seems to be not the highest priority. Hotfix did not fix the window problem in vr.

2 Likes

I’m having very nice performance in VR with Quest 2 and Virtual Desktop at the moment. But agreed I would like more testing before release, as I know there is a big chance that the next enforced update will scupper my current good experience… eg I can’t believe none of the VR testers tried using the toolbar during their test flights!

1 Like

If you mean the toolbar window problem, I can assure you it was tested and reported as a problem and it wasn’t fixed in the final release. I reported it. See my bug report here. Give it a vote!