Does anyone use PSXT+ Real Traffic?

Yes I am running RT as adm

I unnistalled and reinstalled it. Before uninstall i noticed i have one .ini and more some files. After the new install was not created anymore. Very strange, and maybe just my system because I don’r find any mention abou this on google

You may post your questions in my forum at AVSIM as indicated at my web site and I will help you. (BTW do you have Java installed at your PC?, RT needs Java)

and gliders too.

I’ve read a post saying pilot2atc detects the traffic and issues warnings.

1 Like

I will do, thank you very much

Yes, Java is installed

I am thinking maybe RT is not finding my msfs installation because of regional settings (Brazil). I had this problem with AIG but it was solved after enabling UTF-8 beta on windows 11

RT does not try to connect to MSFS, it connects to PSXT. PSXT does the “talking” to MSFS.

And PSXT is correctly connected with MSFS

Something seem to be preventing RT from working

After “launching real traffic…” bar moves but RT does not open

log file part

RealTraffic detected at this PC
RUNNING=true
PSXT_MSFS in normal (non networked) mode
data\dbase.xml read
data\fixes.xml read
Steam packages:C:\Users\André\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages

********************************************** liveries summary **********************************************
2340 liveries read from \liveries\AI_liveries.xml
===> 3 clashes in in-line regcode, see info\InlineRegcodes.txt
Offline regcode files processed, results can be found in info\OfflineRegcodes.txt
53 registration codes
0 opf liveries
780 airlines, 26 pax aircraft types and 8 cargo aircraft types
128 similar type definitions
Generic liveries for 26 types
Category Light: 21 pax liveries and 1 cargo liveries
Category Small: 100 pax liveries
Category Large: 1606 pax liveries
Category Heavy: 500 pax liveries and 112 cargo liveries

data\airports_msfs.xml read
Waiting for MSFS …
MSFS (11.0.282174.999) connected
Waiting for RealTraffic to connect to PSXT_MSFS …
SimConnect: User aircraft title: Cessna Skyhawk Asobo
SimConnect: User aircraft model: C172, half wing span: 3.9 meter, category: Light
Close window button clicked, closing down …
RUNNING=false
DESTINATION_AIRPORT=
LEARN_DESTINATION=false
Exiting: USER CLOSED SIM
13:50:51 User closed PSXT_MSFS
MAIN_WINDOW_X=1218
MAIN_WINDOW_Y=367
Sun Nov 20 13:50:51 2022

See FAQ #10 and please use my Forum instead. This is not the place for posting long blocks of text. AVSIM has better forum software for that purpose.

Is anyone having issues with not getting airborne/landing traffic to inject into the sim since SU11?

As far as landing traffic goes, they are landing but do not appear until they slow to taxi speed and turn off runway. This is at KATL which was working flawlessly before SU11.

Departures are working great.

No problems here and I am using the SU11 newer beta. You can cross check when you see these issues with FR24 website and see if the aircraft are dropping there too. Maybe one of the ADS-B receivers that provide to FR24 went down in the area of the approach path?

Thanks, this has been over the past several days. I should note that departures are ok but do disappear once airborne and a couple of hundreds feet off the ground. Real Traffic shows everything, both airborne and ground but the sim is not picking up the airborne for some reason.

Also I did do a reinstall of Windows about a week ago. Went back to 10 but I doubt that should change anything. Did reinstall C++.

Oh well, I’ll keep working on it, thanks again.

That is most likely a RT problem, see FAQ #10 for the solution. SU11 has nothing to do with it. And btw you better use my forum if you have questions.

That makes no difference at all.

Everything has worked fine and in fact I just had it up not too long ago. I’d cross check your settings in PSX.

Is there any quality gain to mitigate “control” issues with setting the delay to say 60/120 seconds? My thought was increasing the delay time would give more time for the “line” to get drawn between the actual position and what gets translated into the sim, or am I looking at it wrong?

In theory yes, but in practise it may introduce side-effects, such as cutting corners or running into another aircraft. The optimum -and default- delay is 30 seconds, 15 can be used for airports with very good ads-b ground traffic coverage and I recommend up to 60 seconds for airports with poor coverage,

I’m currently running at 120 (just because), and the takeoffs seems to be a lot more fluid. Taxiing doesn’t have so many abrupt stops and the stopping is more generally related to reasons for stopping such as gate, cross runways, etc.

1 Like

120 is not possible, 60 is the max. Your input in parameters.xml is capped to 60. You can probably see that in the Log.txt.

1 Like

GCTS Tenerife South is the best I have experienced so far in terms of livery depth, aircraft amount, and seeing landings (all the way to the gate) and take-offs.

Took a hop from there to Madrid, which uses 2 parallels for landings and 2 separate (but similar heading) runways for takeoffs. Was wonderful arriving and seeing it all.

One thing I am unsure if has been discussed anywhere on the forum is the AI light brightness.
It’s far too bright however I think I like that. It looks odd when departing and seeing all these bright lights on the apron/taxiways but in the air I like it being a bit overdone.

I am however yet to master which gate I choose (through GSX) when landing. I always seem to pick one which ends up having a PSX aircraft parked at it :rofl:

Tip, if you just roll into the gate where the aircraft is it’ll disappear. Fortunately there’s at least one open gate I can opt into and even if there isn’t I can just play the simulation card that there was an OPS change. Even further you could simulate waiting for the gate to be available.