Does the MSFS music make you happy?

I was thinking about it and Microsoft or whoever did the “Color 1” music for the Sim did such an amazing job producing that. The music is so cheerful and always puts me in a good mood.

Does this happen to anyone else or am I a giant weirdo?

Thanks Microsoft/Asobo!

5 Likes

Not so much happy as relaxing. From the style of the music, I suspect they hired same folks that did the music for the previous Microsoft Flight product. Would be nice if you could add your own music. Then you could tailor the music to suit your upcoming flight, while waiting for it to load…

1 Like

That’s essentially what I do. I set the music level to zero in the game, grab my headphones, and turn on my Spotify flying playlist. I know there was a discussion about that awhile back (what music people listened to while flying).

2 Likes

There’s music…?

Must have turned that off a long time ago.

10 Likes

i only like the MS FSX theme music.

yeah, me too :sweat_smile:

1 Like

…same thing happens to me. I think it is the Pavlovian conditioned reflex, since that tune is the prelude to an (almost always) enjoyable flight :slight_smile:

I didn’t know that there was music in the game?

As for the loading screen music, I actually don’t like it. I only put on my headphones when the game is ready in order to avoid it.

3 Likes

Music volume for the Sim turned off day 1, no thank you :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Is there a way to get music while flying in the sim? or is it just in the loading screens

Same here. Not only because I simply don’t want music when simming, but the offered music isn’t my cup of tea.

9 Likes

I like it, it never gets old but more importantly the change in the music tells me when the sim is loaded into the main menu because I usually do something else in the meantime.

Since I used MSFS as a flight simulator and not as a flying game I’ve turned off the music.
Can’t remember to have ever heard music on a Level D sim either :wink:

1 Like

So everyone is saying I am a giant weirdo :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

No mate, no one’s calling you names, we don’t know how tall you are…

11 Likes

no music in a sim for me. I love good music in games like in Baldur’s gate which has a fantastic sound track. But I can’t stand meaningless music that’s just there because cheese cake and then it’s always the same. But that’s not only MSFS, I turned it off in FSX as well. P3D didn’t have any.

Music is great, but hardly “relaxing”. At this point I’ve been conditioned to hold my breath and close my eyes for 3min every time I hear it wondering if the sim will actually load or freeze/crash.

2 Likes

I definitely turned that off a while back…but I do like it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I turned off the music after the 1st time I had to redownload the whole game during hours and hours (1st or 2nd week). It was too much for me, and years after, this music still reminds me the horror of stuck downloads and failed installs from that period :grimacing:

I still got the 1 second reminder at startup (before it reads settings and cut it off I guess) :smiley:

2 Likes

(I love the menu music too… :wink: If we’re weirdoes so be it hehehe :smiley: )

2 Likes

I do this nice interpretive dance to the press any button to start music, then pirouette over to the desk and move a lever in my ‘swan lake’ bow. Then go up to grab a soda pop while I wait. Never heard any other music in the game…

1 Like