Does your CRJ work or CTD

Haven’t had any crashes with the CRJ for months. Biggest issues I got were the glideslope and thruster issues which they fixed pretty quickly.
I bought the game and CRJ from the marketplace.

1 Like

I did the same, but I found that if you just delete the aerosoft-crj folder the sim will work again.
At least it gets you flying until they fix this.
You will find it here
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

Have a look at this post in the aerosoft forum, and there are plenty of others

Patch 1.17.3.0 and Simulator keeps Crashing with Aerosoft CRJ550/700 installed!

3 Likes

Same here, still CTDs. Just got an update from MS support though:

The development team has narrowed down the cause of the conflict with the CRJ and is working on a resolution. When the fix is ready it will be released as an update.

4 Likes

I have the marketplace version and I wanted to fly for the first time after the latest update and not only I had a CTD but the complete PC turned off! I hope they will fix this soon!

1 Like

I’m not that hopeful that the fix will come quickly.
Have you seen to posts on the Aerosoft forum, they certainly aren’t going to help if you read their responses
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/164658-crash-after-update/&do=findComment&comment=1046533

We have at least turned around for a while since we bought it, think about who buys it right now and can’t use it, what a disappointment

Totally agree just had to correct Mr Kok who tried to totally distort and exagerate my post, which was only in response to his question “What do you want us to do”
This is the link to the post https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/164658-crash-after-update/&do=findComment&comment=1046533

1 Like

I used to think they were a really good company but like you had never used them before. I recently bought the Honeycomb Bravo and the TCA addons from them. Had hassle with both purchases, met with their usual impotence and disinterest, got no information on the four month delay when they sat with my money and I paid for a 1-5 day delivery that took two weeks.
They will have to produce something absolutely special for me to put up with them again, they really don’t care about “Microsoft” customers and aren’t any better for direct customers, its just fewer issues but no better customer care and a pretty poor attitude.

1 Like

That’s interesting. Someone had the same idea as I had. I didn’t know they were a German company though. Matthijs Kok sounds like a Dutch name. The few times I had to deal with German companies (completely unrelated products) were outstanding. Not like this…

CRJ was my first and probably last Aerosoft product.

3 Likes

I am with you on that. No doubt this is a new issue, no doubt its the complexities of the marketplace, not immediately apparent. It doesn’t affect everyone and dificult to diagnose.
Even more difficult when the developer isn’t interested in helping and despite what they say many of us believe there is/was something they could do and we have to get off of this drug of new releases and take the time to fix things or this sim will end up a bag of worms.

1 Like

I mean, their product (can only refer to the CRJ) is ok but I think there is potential for improvement regarding customer service and maybe as an extra, rethink their forum structure which i personally find chaotic and not very user friendly (only my opinion)

2 Likes

Yeah that forum isn’t pleasant. I don’t know who the Forum police are but they keep cropping up saying “Can I ask you to stick to the existing topic” and " please use your original sign in" and “this topic is supposed to be general discussion” oh and my favorite “This topic has been closed because …”
Then there are the veiled threats that if you vote against something then there will be consequences.

They really think that there attitude will not put people off buying from them.

2 Likes

Mathijs seems a bit hostile :slight_smile:

He’s probably seen one too many checklists. I love it how he claims they have ‘tens of thousands’ of customers, but is unwilling to deal with 19, cause that will break their bank.

Sorry you’re on the wrong end of this, but as an observer it’s rather funny.

3 Likes

We have to see the funny side of this it is only a simulator after all and its crazy how desperately they try to defend their positions as if it really mattered.
At the end of the day if I never “fly” the CRJ ever again, so what, I will miss waiting for the next AeroSOAP post though!! :rofl:

2 Likes

I can imagine they feel stuck, between customers and Microsoft. But it’s so easy to get out of it. I don’t know for sure if you’re the one on the forum? But that suggestion that they offer these 19 people an older version is rock solid. Then he starts hiding behind red tape. In fact, it seems a totally alien concept to him. Not on the checklist :slight_smile:

He also makes a mistake by almost defending MS, basically admitting they (AeroSoft) have no leverage. Even if that’s true, that’s not helping the customer.

So it’s all defensive arguments, in stead of pro-active ‘let’s figure out a solution and get you guys flying, thanks for supporting our product’.

Anyway… it’s a weird attitude.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s me. A couple of us have suggested an option like this, but they have blanked it every time and offered no alternatives. Zero help, zero empathy.
The only person that has done anything to help is Hans Hartmann.
Ultimately we are all on the same side, aren’t we? but it really doesn’t feel like that.
We want to spend money on sophisticated simulations THAT WORK, they want to make money, why not and we all want the Flightsim community to grow in harmony together. What Aerosoft have done here comes nowhere near that.

1 Like

They Banned me from their forums ! At least they think they did ! Bahahah
Been dealing with them for 10 years, and yes I got sick of their ■■■■ !

1 Like