Does your CRJ work or CTD

MS Store & Marketplace = CTDs

Acknowledged by both AS and Asobo:

Just hope Asobo comes up with a fix soon, it not only hurts their Business and marketplace credibility. Moreover MS tries to deny my refund request for the CRJ. Else I would buy directly from AS since their directly sold version does not use the MS encryption and does obviously not CTD

1 Like

Even if I could get a refund from MS, AS has lost me as a customer, just due to the way they handle their customers. They do all they can to get you hot under the neck and then go after you !!
And I was right the whole time what caused the issue with the CRJ.

2 Likes

Well I don’t know this company. But I don’t like the tone in that thread. An apology would be nice. Even if it’s not their fault, which they have a right to explain, it’s still their product and their customers.

Luckily I’m only interested in PMDG. Never ran into trouble with their products, so I don’t know yet how good they are in solving this stuff, but I can do without all these ‘developers’ that do their best to blame the user.

I still don’t get why they don’t simply offer those 19 people their own version. Take the hit if you sold ‘tens of thousands’ of copies. Peanuts.

2 Likes

I know this much ! Don’t buy through market place if you want your stuff working and this is not the first time this stuff has happened ! And Asobo after an erroneous update said " ah we just fix it in the next update" that got them a lot of hot water, so they hot fixed it.

I actually did consider this plane. I remember going through their website. But in the end it seemed a bit too much like the A320, so I declined.

1 Like

not like the neo, it’s really immersive and I like it. completely different from the A320, much more interaction required, since the CRJ has no autothrottle to start with. again, product is nice and even IRL pilots acknowledge it, you just have to ignore their forum attitude

2 Likes

I like to fly the A320 Neo, the CJ4 and if I can the CRJ. They are all different and yet equally satisfying for me.
I have been waiting since last August to get the Bravo throttle, it just arrived and I wanted to get them set up for each aircraft so that I could fly some serious IFR routes, but the problem with the CRJ and Microsoft/Asobo/Aerosoft and encryption has put that on hold and there is no word from any of them.

They have known about this for over two weeks and all they have done is frustrate their customers - Totally unnecessary

I dunno, sounds like it doesn’t affect everyone, and it’s been hard for them to track down exactly what the problem was. As a software developer myself, I’d happily give them the benefit of the doubt on tracking down an intermittent difficult to diagnose issue.

1 Like

Thing is they knew at the end of May and had been in touch with Asobo. Later reports came in and they tried to suggest they didnt know what the problem was and it was too small for them to spend time on, when the problem was well on the way to being isolated.

Mine works great. Never had a CTD in Fs2020. Over 1000 hours.

1 Like

It looks like it only affects those that bought from the Marketplace, because Microsoft adds its encryption and when they did this they broke the CRJ.
Did you buy yours from Aerosoft?
You would only be the second person that I know of that bought from the marketplace and it still worked

Sounds like someone read something wrong or miscommunicated. Things like that happen.

had the same problem with aerosoft crj , after the new update had CTD, with no recovery possible, reinstalled the simulator , now need to check why

I cannot think that such a thing that has lasted for weeks is possible, I paid like everyone else, the mistake was that I bought through the Marketplace, well personally I will not return to buy through the Marketplace.

1 Like

should not buy from marketplace , will not do that mistake for pmdg now

Of course not, I will only buy directly from the manufacturer

I also am on Steam. Bought CRJ from the Marketplace. I was having a CTD after Update IV but I eventually traced it to one addon (not the CRJ). Now, no problems. Working fine.

I so far haven’t seen anything to support the “cursed Marketplace” hypothesis.

I renamed the Community folder and created a new empty Community folder, the sim starts quickly but falls when the CRJ starts, so it is excluded that some addon is in conflict, the only way to restart the sim is by deleting the CRJ folder.
The problem will be solved only when in the historical version of the CRJ in Marketplace it tells me that the update is 1.05 and not 1.04.

Well my CTD happened for any aircraft; not just the CRJ.

Purchased from aerosoft