Downloader keeps resetting to 0% if you have certain router models

I had the same issues with downloads. I found that downloading via a VPN solved the issue. I have no idea why.

A month and a half and Asobo hasn’t bothered to

Respond to us in any way

Aknowledge the issue exists

Fix anything

And worst of all, they probably think they fixed the installation issues in the first update.

1 Like

I just checked the stream and they won’t even aknowledge the issue, they’re saying it’s the users fault and that the issue is on our side, thanks Asobo. Anyone know how to sue asobo for not providing us the product we paid for? lol

1 Like

I give up. It’s been several months and this thread has been nothing but ignored despite it’s thousands of views and hundreds of replies. I’ve submitted a refund request to steam, who gave me an exception and refunded me even with 200+ hours of “playtime” (Which was 100% download time). Thanks for your exceptional service, Asobo. I’ll just buy some other game with this money. People who bought the game were unable to download the game, where people who didn’t did from day 1. Speaks a lot about the quality of the launcher. This would have been fixed day one if the download was done through steam/the MS store.

If you can’t download this either, submit a bug report through steam support, regarding download issues, and request the refund there, as it’s much easier to get refunds approved there.

1 Like

I went around it with a vpn it’s definitively something they have to solve or they’ll keep loosing customers. And we won’t see the sim develop into what we all want.

I managed to solve this problem. To do this, I implemented Internet access through another provider (there was wired access, instead of which I organized an LTE access point through my mobile operator). The connection speed instantly increased from 2 Mbit/s to 35 Mbit / s, and all files of the fs-base type… loaded completely without repetitions and without errors.

When the solution is to switch to a new provider, is it really a solution?

1 Like

I know of several people that had to get off of LTE type of provider (in USA). Two of them switched to DSL and everything started working. I do think some of the install issues are related to ISP as well as your modem/router.

1 Like

The best thing is to try any different network connection you can. Go from wired to wireless, hotspot on phone, vpn, netlimiter anything available. I fixed mine by changing my routers QOS setting. The last patch was 100% perfect. The installs before my QOS took days to download. Of course this may all be luck of the draw and just try anything to randomly attach to a good server.

1 Like

We have the disks & until the mandatory patch 1.8.3 all was working fine, now we are in the same state as everyone else & cannot get past big files.
My latest message to Zendesk was to ask for a fix or a refund. My Internet speed is less than a GB an hour, these big updates are so time consuming.

Here is my other suggestion (made it on this forum-bugs and such several times) put the patch someplace with installer file, allow all us to download all the patch in one single big file, then unpack with installer built in, and that would solve a myriad of issues for users just getting the updates. This is the way Windows 10, and all other software is patched/updated. Why reinvent the wheel for this game and have users pounding their heads because it will not operate correctly for many. The distribution method from the store is just not well thought out or designed.

1 Like

I found a great solution on You Tube. Using the command prompt you set the Auto-tuning to disabled. Totally worked for me. Afterwards, set the tuning back to normal. Still took 7 hours at 125Mps to download the whole 95GB installer. But I’m back to flying!
Find the solution with the search term " MSFS2020 download gets stuck". (Posted Aug. 18, 2020)

1 Like

I wonder if this may be simply region locked. Perhaps since the xbox live game pass isn’t even available in my country they just region locked despite the fact we could buy the game in steam/ ms store.

“We think there is a fundamental misconception about (Banned word about how people obtain games unconventionally). (Said action) is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem,” he said. “If a (Person who provides such service) offers a product anywhere in the world, 24 x 7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country 3 months after the US release, and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the (Person who provides such service)'s service is more valuable.”

-Gabe Newell, founder of steam, 9 years ago

So once again thanks for nothing Asobo, and I’m glad Steam refunded my purchase considering I was never going to be able to download this game through the launcher I paid for.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to help simmers in the basic Microsoft Support site, and one user with a download solution that I’m not sure has been tried before. It worked for him, and he gave me permission to post his solution here, in case it’s of use to others:

"Jose L Reis

For all that are experiencing erros during download…install using VPN with servers outside your countries.
This approach solved my problems in all the possible scenes tested (with or without internet security programs…with or without netsh tcp…and so on).
All other solutions, including that ones provided by Microsoft did not work.
In my case, i could see on the traffic analiser that installer has a huge bug and cannot manage high speed transfer rates for some users and …mainly…some bursts on the packages received.
I have 200mbps connection…but installer without VPN stops downloading and simply goes to a infinite loop.
So …leave your computer without any other solutions…and simply apply for downloading with VPN outside your country and it will work.
I’ve tested both steam and MS versions.
Really the problem is with the MSFS2020 installer (just for notice…i downloaded 100Gb in 1:30h on steam… and 25GB P3Dv5…both without VPN). "
Apart from re-paragraphing it, I’ve left the text exactly as Jose wrote it.

1 Like

If you search this thread, VPNs have been suggested from the start. And you must first own a VPN anyway. So no, it doesn’t really fix it if you don’t have a VPN, and it didn’t work for many people anyway

1 Like

Using a vpn didn’t work for me either.

I think there is a big problem here. I’m really disappointed, annoyed with this download system. I have a pocket router, no fiber, no ethernet. Wasting a lot of GB’s in a metering connection.
I have other softwares to update, never an issue like that.
If you cannot guarantee an update with any connection, I think you have to be clear. I don’t have the requirements for this software, so I don’t waste money and time.
I think you have to explore a way to download and keep every bytes.

1 Like

Welcome to the support site, Freekite2025.
I am just a member like you, but I can see a possible solution for you, but only if you live in the right place.
Europe has been promised a DVD version of the Sim, which would eliminate the need for the first huge download if you were to get it.
Not a solution (I’ll leave that to Asobo/Microsoft), but a possible work-around for you.
And a suggestion to Microsoft. If the community has this problem, perhaps you should consider making the DVD version available more widely than just Europe. I’d also suggest that this problem cannot be resolved by Asobo/Microsoft, then it is almost incumbent on them to make the DVD solution available, so as to not alienate that portion of the Sim community that is afflicted by it.

1 Like

I got DVD’s myself and totally agree with you. I have upvoted to benefit non-European residents who can’t get them.
Asking them to relocate to Europe and learn a European language just to be able to use the sim is not acceptable.

And hello MS, maximum exploitation of potential sales revenue is also not a bad idea.