Dreadful performance

I’ve noticed that when in the Welcome Screen and moving to the Profile section I get a stutter during the transition, but when moving between Profile and Options the animation is 100% smooth, I wonder if anyone else has noticed the same thing?

Why do you think IVT would help you? It’s a virtualization feature. What you should be interested in is HT - Hyperthreading - enable it if you already didn’t

1 Like

Just curious what your ram usage is like?

Well I’ll try anything anyone says might be a cure for the stutters. And I did it at the recommendation of ComandanteK. Just click on their name at the top of my original post and you can see what I was responding to.

My CPU doesn’t support hyperthreading. And from what I’ve read just as many people say “turn it off” as say “turn it on”.

FWIW the game used all 12 threads of my CPU, I guess it doesn’t matter if your doesn’t have it but if you are considering an upgrade it’s worth noting.

I understand. I’m in a similar situation and also have done almost everything people suggested, but nothing fixed my stuttering. As Asobo devs didn’t mention anything about performance fixes - I believe they don’t care and the only way to fix this is by upgrading hardware to a powerful and modern CPU. This however means a total upgrade in my case (mainboard, DDR4 RAM, CPU). I only upgraded graphics to RTX2070S recently and other games are doing very well. I’m able to play comfortable with Ultra settings. But FS is unlike any other game and it puts my CPU at its knees

1 Like

I have a 9900k and a 2080ti 16gbRAM… What would say the devs about upgrading hardware??

I don’t think this would be the solution. It’s something in their code… not our hardware.
Stutters are a pain in the a**, low framerate? Ok… buy a better hardware or improve the engine… but stutters?? …

Regards.

PC upgrade?
I have an I9 9900k a 2080 TI and have 64GB of RAM
my system runs with OC 5.1MHZ
and also have micro stuttering
what should I upgrade?
should I ask at NASA or NSA if they have anything else for me

1 Like

I also believe it’s something in their code, but apparently this isn’t something, what concerns so many users. A lot of people are able to play smoothly. I don’t know what this is. The dev mode and the famous test ‘Limited by main thread’ tells me however this is my hardware which is the bottleneck. CPU specifically.
No matter what this is - FS2020 is my first big disappointment after purchase. I played various titles and could only complain on lower framerate due to a bit old hardware. I spent days or weeks in FSX even tough 20 fps was the limit I could achieve with some location addons or addon planes, but it was just low framerate. Low but constant if you know what I mean. After I learned about FS2020 in July I couldn’t wait for it after I saw how this game can look like. Bought a new graphics card and was waiting like crazy. But after I launched it and saw this horrible stuttering - I just don’t have any will to play it. It spoils the whole fun and I’m ■■■■■■ off like never before in my long gaming history.

Whether it’s a bug or not - upgrading hardware definitely raises chances that it will run better as 100% CPU load isn’t anything good for sure. But I know. There are people with a really good hardware and they suffer as well. It’s just that MS/Asobo didn’t mention anything about this, nor isn’t it something which is on the top issue list, so this makes me think that it’s not as common as we may think. Although still something people want to be fixed. We sent money, we want a good product. But I tell you something - if this isn’t that common - it can take months to fix.

And one more thing - This thread was growing like crazy after launch last week. Now it isn’t anymore. Is it because people found a way forward to fix this somehow? Interesting…

dgtal15654, if you haven’t already tried it thoroughly, please try reducing your Terrain Level Of Detail setting to between 50 and 70. Put all other settings no more than Medium for this test. I always test over Manhattan New York.

That Terrain LOD setting is the only thing that makes a difference for me. I have an i7 4/8 cores @4ghz and Geforce 2080.

I believe the game has incorrectly calibrated scheduling for background loading and scenery preparation causing both high CPU usage and intensive stutters lasting 10-30 seconds. We’ll find out if this is true in future.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve tried virtually everything (well, almost - all that made sense to me) and saw no significant improvement regarding this stuttering. I agree - reducing LOD helps, but just a bit. I tried 30-40 and saw a minor difference, but it still stutters. Shame it relies on CPU cores so much, not on high clock. And I think with DX12 it will be even worse as DX12 also depends more on CPU cores. I think I’ll wait some time, like a few months maybe and will see if they improve something. If they don’t - will probably upgrade.

Have your tired the Process Lasso fix?

Yeah, also tried that. No difference to me. IMO all these process-related tweaks help in cases there is some performance difference when the game goes to background (all these fixes with background scheduling, opening another window in foreground etc). In my case neither of these worked :confused: I tried everything including CPU and memory overclocking and I think that it may only be fixed either by hardware upgrade or some software fix by MS/Asobo

Links are allowed, but I think you have to earn them. Not sure.

Do you have all the Nvidia Audio Devices disabled? Aboso recommended that.

Here’s a link to the forum trust level guide. Trust Levels and How To Advance

Thankfully it’s a subset of Discourse’s more extensive implementation of trust: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

Discourse is the forum software that this forum is running. It’s pretty good, IMHO. The exact requirements to reach a trust level can be customized by the moderators of a particular forum so the Discourse blog is not necessarily quantitatively or qualitatively exactly what’s going on here (and I’m just a relatively ignorant user, too-nothing to do with forum moderation!).

Eureka!! That worked for me! I disabled all Nvidea Audio Devices and no more stutter

Perfection! Solved my stutter too.

You mean you got rid of audio stutters, not gfx stutters?

Not for me :frowning:

Audio stutters; ATC.